Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

opening regedit.exe to bypass the twitter rate limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks To Elon

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

NOBEARD posted:

Barely seeing new tweets, “for you” is full of days old content. No idea if the site is broken or nobody is posting . Still better than mastodon where everybody is seriousposting

For you is going to be insanely backlogged because you weren't able to use the site for like a day or more. The "following" tab is working just fine and basic functionality is restored.

ofc who the christ knows how long this will last.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Data Graham posted:

Wtf, the rate limit is determined by the client’s system clock? Lmaoo

(Assuming the rate limit is a real thing at all, watch us all forensically profiling the behavior of a system that is really just falling apart in nondeterministic ways)

i was going to make a joke when this all first happened that the limit thing is client side lol. are you kidding lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Wtf, the rate limit is determined by the client’s system clock? Lmaoo

(Assuming the rate limit is a real thing at all, watch us all forensically profiling the behavior of a system that is really just falling apart in nondeterministic ways)

This can't be true, cause if so

L
O
L

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
To be a little less shitposty, universal and zero cost access to contraception isn't sufficient to maximize women's choice. The lot of people in general and women in particular in developing countries needs to be improved both for its own massive merits and to allow women to feel COMFORTABLE not having kids.

It is, however, NECESSARY. If they don't want kids they need to be able to, well, make that happen.

Universal free contraception and support services of all forms, buttload of research money for better contraception for (ideally) both genders. Simple as.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Google Jeb Bush posted:

To be a little less shitposty, universal and zero cost access to contraception isn't sufficient to maximize women's choice. The lot of people in general and women in particular in developing countries needs to be improved both for its own massive merits and to allow women to feel COMFORTABLE not having kids.

It is, however, NECESSARY. If they don't want kids they need to be able to, well, make that happen.

Universal free contraception and support services of all forms, buttload of research money for better contraception for (ideally) both genders. Simple as.

Empty quoting as all key

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Google Jeb Bush posted:

Population Collapse

!!

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

the rate limit is real, but the site gets extremely janky once you hit it, and sometimes it'll let you view tweets anyway, at random.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/Naotgerai/status/1675576728071319553

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

twitter's extremely popular and a pretty normal part of daily life in japan. like 40-50% of the population uses it.

They seem to be taking to Elon well

https://twitter.com/naotgerai/status/1675576728071319553

efb

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1675452483156721665

Having to create an embed on an unrelated site to view a post

Normal good website

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
You know this hurts him deeply because he is a huge weeb and fancies himself as a cool anime watcher and lover of Japanese culture

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Deptfordx posted:

I watched that live when it first came out aged 12. :ohdear:

I cannot recommend that experience.

I watched The Day After when it aired. I was 7 and I watched it alone on a tv somewhere in my house*. It was the start of my crippling case of nuclear dread.

* boomer parents were super awesome

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So on tweetdeck, uh.

I can't view the replies to any tweets and my notifications haven't loaded all day.

lol? I'm gonna go with lol.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The goose is cooked

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

emSparkly posted:

Someone whispered unto me that you can dodge the rate limit by adjusting your system clock to the next day.

Nah.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

waffle iron posted:

Take more than a surface level look at the Gates Foundation's funding of contraception for Africa and it is a eugenics project to make sure white westerners can continue their level of consumption by reducing the number of poor people (and their consumption).

This is incredible sir, thank you mr musk. Please fund my divorce

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

emSparkly posted:

Someone whispered unto me that you can dodge the rate limit by adjusting your system clock to the next day. Someone try it out, I ain't gonna scroll through 600 posts of nothing to get there.

And if you restart your computer while Twitter's open, next time you log in an angry mole will pop up and scold you

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

And if you restart your computer while Twitter's open, next time you log in an angry mole will pop up and scold you

Nah Elon already gutted the Reset Surveillance Center. They were the only guys left who would still call him on his bullshit.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jestery posted:

The douche is cooked

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

So does Elon ever bother announcing this dumbfuck poo poo in any language besides English?

Because if I were in Japan and just suddenly couldn't do my job or sell my art because of Elon's idiotic fuckery, and I had to translate his idiocy as to why, I would be loving furious.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 2, 2023

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://twitter.com/carolinefiend/status/1675414474440712192?s=20

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Once rich people figure out how to live forever they will 100% reverse course to "we're overpopulating, slow down with all these babies!"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TulliusCicero posted:

So does Elon ever bother announcing this dumbfuck poo poo in any language besides English?

Because if I were in Japan and just suddenly couldn't do my job or sell my art because of Elon's idiotic fuckery, and I had to translate his idiocy as to why, I would be loving furious.

twitter's official japanese account hasn't posted in months lol

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Azealia Banks is the chaos elemental we need in these troubled times

Also 212 is still a banger

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

priznat posted:

Azealia Banks is the chaos elemental we need in these troubled times

Also 212 is still a banger

She’s definitely never boring whenever she shares her thoughts.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I wonder if the 'free speech absolutist' would appreciate the socio-political commentary created by a bot that replies to every one of his posts by making 600 replies just counting up 1 to 601 ?

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

sticksy posted:

You know this hurts him deeply because he is a huge weeb and fancies himself as a cool anime watcher and lover of Japanese culture

:goonsay: Elon called Kagerou from Touhou a cat girl when she is CLEARLY a wolf girl. He is a Touhou poser. Not even cool enough to be an actual Touhou fan, the absolute lamest of weebs.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

She’s definitely never boring whenever she shares her thoughts.

Nope! Super talented too but kind of self sabotaging career wise, which is a shame.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

blossommirage posted:

:goonsay: Elon called Kagerou from Touhou a cat girl when she is CLEARLY a wolf girl. He is a Touhou poser. Not even cool enough to be an actual Touhou fan, the absolute lamest of weebs.

EL⑨N

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't got rate limit reached yet.

Why? I am just as terminally online as anyone else.

I hate being left out :smith:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

...! posted:

I seem to recall Elon himself offering to waive due diligence in a kind of "come on, let's just get on with this" manner, with his lawyers pleading with him not to

Yeah. This is an excellent summary, and a very good read in its own right.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Busters posted:

I wonder if the 'free speech absolutist' would appreciate the socio-political commentary created by a bot that replies to every one of his posts by making 600 replies just counting up 1 to 601 ?

Would a free speech absolutist support using twitter to crowd fund his own assassination?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/sophlouisehall/status/1675504461899259904

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Jestery posted:

https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1675452483156721665

Having to create an embed on an unrelated site to view a post

Normal good website

thank you for quoting the actual tweet since viewing a retweeted video don't work no mo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The sickest possible burn by anyone Japanese

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I hope this means she’s about to drop something more juicy than the weird attempt of grimes to set up a threesome. I’m ready Azalea, bring me lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

blossommirage posted:

Poor Orin. Best touhou catgirl by far but always the bridesmaid: Stage 5 boss and doesn't even get to be playable once, let alone noticed by a creepy billionaire.

As for Elon, he literally just picked one of the first vaguely anime things he saw at random from Google search. Like lowest effort poo poo.