Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

genius at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what if the sub implosion was like the minish cap and it compressed them to be really small to enter the mini world

in that case we would have no choice but to admit it: failsub ceo ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

what if the sub implosion was like the minish cap and it compressed them to be really small to enter the mini world

enter the larry verse

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
crushed into tiny atoms and enteriing the mini world and its just larry calling you slurs

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

it's named the WIld Boer after my favorite team

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

crushed into tiny atoms and enteriing the mini world and its just larry calling you slurs

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
like the joe dante classic INNERSPACE starring america's favorite uncle dennis quaid, but it's n-word-space

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my god.... its filled with slurs

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
matthew mcconaughey going through the event horizon into the black hole and he's talking to the robot, but it's not named TARS

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
ninnerspace

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Big Bad Idiot posted:

they also had to train the divers to administer the drugs correctly while diving

and the divers did sometimes get lost and accidentally backtrack deeper to where they'd just come from cause it was all murky flood water you have to navigate for 3 hours carrying a child through tiny winding caverns

idk sounds like a total loving nightmare to me

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tenderjerk posted:

i vaguely remember seeing this thing elon said where they were working on putting a video game console in this so the kids wouldnt get bored the same day divers just went in and did the rescue

The kids would be all like "why the gently caress does this gamepad have those plastic nipples attached?"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Der Meister posted:

cave divers are borderline insane in the best of times so yeah it absolutely should sound like a nightmare to anyone else

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Der Meister posted:

it was

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i bet i could do it

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’m really glad Elon musk didn’t get to drown some kids in his underwater kid casket

Also just remembered he started calling the diver who did rescue the kids a pedophile because they didn’t use his death tube

iirc elon got scammed out of like $50k by a fake PI who said he could get dirt on the guy

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

lmao they just littered the child coffin somewhere in thailand

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Der Meister posted:

Cave diving is demonstrably way, way, way deadlier than skydiving and bunjee jumping put together. The people who do it are a mix of insanely brave and completely batshit. The idea of trying to do it while keeping a zonked-out kid close at hand while swimming through a tunnel of pea soup cave water is madness.

When I heard that they got all those kids out I was like Jules in Pulp Fiction looking at the bullet holes. I couldn't believe it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
it legit pissed me off thag elon had to stick his idiot nose into all that business cause the actual rescue is so loving insane and unbelievable

leftist heap has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Jul 2, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

leftist heap posted:

it legit pissed me off thag elon had to stick his idiot nose into all that business cause the actual rescue is so loving insane and unbelievable

I mean his footnote in it is that the actual people who successfully rescued the kids just told him: “that’s stupid gently caress off idiot,” and then they saved them all.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
and then he called one of those diver guys a pedophile and somehow won the ensuing lawsuit cause the diver picked the shittiest lawyer in the world to represent him

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gripweed posted:

Oh man. Robocop vs Equilibrium. That would be so loving cool. Oh man.

Wow, I mean. Wow. What a concept

We can assume that Libria is a future Chicago and that robocops own systems could be based on a precursor of the computer models the tetragrammaton clerics use to perfect their gun kata.

So a trained cleric would be all but immune to robocops conventional firing pattern. However, robocop is a man as well as a machine, arguably moreso than the emotionally deadened clerics. He would do something unpredictable and defeat their pattern based system.

I reckon a de-proziumed John Preston could take him, but they would come to realize theyr allies in the fight against Father

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

and then he called one of those diver guys a pedophile and somehow won the ensuing lawsuit cause the diver picked the shittiest lawyer in the world to represent him

lol it was loving Linn Wood pre the Kraken poo poo.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

One of his defenses was ‘me and my friends call each other pedoguy all the time’

Given he sent his brother to Epstein, concerning.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
robocop 2 (the evil robot) was made by elon musk

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

how quickly we forget

Frankly I’m surprised this hasnt managed to somehow kill one of those kids anyway

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

Frankly I’m surprised this hasnt managed to somehow kill one of those kids anyway

I bet the diver who died of blood poisoning cut himself on Musk's child death sub

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

robocop 2 (the evil robot) was made by elon musk

Elon Musk plays one of the nerds in Revenge of the Nerds… you know the one.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk getting fed up with these robots committing suicide and demanding they get the drug addicted drug kingpin cultleaders brain into the robot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the robot ED-209 for a car

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Paulie’s robot from Rocky: Elon Musk.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/primetimecar/status/1675494552931581953?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

ah yes the ol' navigating with zero visibility by touch only using sidemount tanks to squeeze through holes while holding an unconscious child with a regulator in his mouth. typical diving conditions tbh. frankly surprised musk didn't volunteer to go there and rescue the kids himself; he knows rockets so cave diving should be a piece of cake

just like chess, it's actually TOO easy to even bother. maybe if you throw in some tech trees and random starting positions, it might be worth it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the robot ED-209 for a car

I am now authorised to use physical force

*turns on autopilot*

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
all of ocp's failed robots except it's just footage of teslas catching fire and ramming things

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
robocop isn't called roboman, he's a cop first and a man second. and a robot

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

robocop isn't called roboman, he's a cop first and a man second. and a robot

Sounds like he’s a robit first op. :smuggo:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

he's a cop first and a man second

normal cop then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Elon: "Ladies and gentlemen, the product you are about to see... preoders for it open... TODAY"
*audience applause*
Elon: "Let me present to you the future of robotics: Optimus!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjNs_s2NI&t=81s