Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

yoko taro lost his mask in LA last night, so for today's panel he had to improvise and buy a random one. its a doozy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ymgve posted:

Help me choose: Attorney of the Arcane, or Rain Code?

Raincode is probably better. It runs a bit like rear end though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

VostokProgram posted:

yoko taro lost his mask in LA last night, so for today's panel he had to improvise and buy a random one. its a doozy

see previous comment

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
poo poo, did someone steal his emil mask? that sucks if so

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Rinkles posted:

Anyone want to give me a refresher of what happened in FFX? Did I misunderstand a conversation, or did Yuna lose some of her memory?

Looks very nice on the Vita. It did run pretty warm, though.

I played FFX-2 for about 10 hours once before, but because of the game's non-linear structure, everything after the prologue has been new to me.

Yuna and her party killed the apocalypse beast that set the life expectance to less than 30 and constantly destroyed civilization. So now everyone is basically just having fun and trying out poo poo like "developing technology" or "pop concerts".

Yuna forgot Tidus' name because it was editable so she will always be vague referencing her bf.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Yuna and her party killed the apocalypse beast that set the life expectance to less than 30 and constantly destroyed civilization. So now everyone is basically just having fun and trying out poo poo like "developing technology" or "pop concerts".

Yuna forgot Tidus' name because it was editable so she will always be vague referencing her bf.

Thank you

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah his name was Karu

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

also honestly how is it that Spira developed pop concerts before establishing a loving form of government that was not the old church

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

also honestly how is it that Spira developed pop concerts before establishing a loving form of government that was not the old church

half of europe is still ruled by kings

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh wait they probably saw concerts in old spheres. nevermind makes total sense

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ymgve posted:

half of europe is still ruled by kings

The real final fantasy is communism

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pretty sure “a lot of people gather to hear someone play music” is even older than the church

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ffx was about letting go. Ffx2 is about gently caress that I’m not letting go

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

haveblue posted:

pretty sure “a lot of people gather to hear someone play music” is even older than the church

:actually: people gathering to hear someone play music is both very recent, and the direct cause of all society's ills

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

for my latest Stellaris game I have been playing as a Theocratic Dictatorship that uses necromancy for all their ground combat, and it's been fun so far, but I had some unintended (?) interactions that meant I fought an entire war for basically no benefit, so I think I'm taking a break to play something else. Sword of the Stars is like two bucks on Steam... haven't played that one in years

anyways my people looked like this :3: widdle xenophobic war criminals

my queen was named Schlorp

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is the creature catching element of FFX-2 entirely optional?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished FF16 last night, that was one of the final fantasies, yessiree.

Clive rules. Game good. Personal 9/10 but I can see why people would rate it lower.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I liked it a lot too. It was better than XV and XIII, up in the air if I like it more than XIII-2

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

In terms of single player FFs I'd probably rate it top 3 like,

1. XVI (pending)
2. XII
3. V/SoP if we count spinoffs

If we include the MMOs I'll just slap XIV as definite first place.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So far p much enjoying FF16 as a DMC lite game. Clive is a fun character.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
V is my personal favorite XVI is battling for 4th place atm. SoP though is really good and I almost forgot about it, I like the battle system in it better than XVI at least.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

XVI seems to be trending towards being either one of the best or one of the worst final fantasies on everyones list which means its a worthy FF title and squeenix is getting back to its roots

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 3, 2023

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I respect most peoples FF opinions but if you say 16 is bad then you are just wrong, frankly....

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

FF16 has brought me much joy, not from playing it, but from the name of it's protagonist. It can easily make the top five at least purely on Clive

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My son and I wrapped up Great Ace Attorney! It took us a full year because we would generally play on weekends and often skipped several weeks. We skipped at least one full month that I remember. It's a great game though.

Our next game is 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. We just got through all of the prologue and I already feel lost. He's going to do the rts parts while I'm at work so it's looking to be a good summer game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

XVI seems to be trending towards being either one of the best or one of the worst final fantasies on everyones list which means its a worthy FF title and squeenix is getting back to its roots
oh you mean like every other final fantasy since ff2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://youtu.be/Ax3wMK2tn_M

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

homeless snail posted:

oh you mean like every other final fantasy since ff2

:thejoke:

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

I think it's just fine. Not really great, not terrible either. Very high highs and very low lows.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I'm just glad it's not so good that people feel the need to spoil it and I don't feel the need to buy a PS5.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's very funny that before XVI came out, Yoshida talked about how western audiences were sometimes really weird about Japanese games and a lot of people in the press responded with "What, no, never!" and then when the game came out a bunch of people were really weird about it.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

I haven't finished FFXVI yet but so far it's a game that's kind of eh at points and really great at others, which I at least appreciate more than a game that's just moderately decent the whole way through.

Captain Invictus posted:

people posting their "played in 2023" game lists have a distinct lack of Pizza Tower on them, and that is a sin that needs rectifying immediately :colbert:

I actually finished Pizza Tower yesterday and I enjoyed it a lot. Not quite enough to actually learn how to play well and get p-rank on all the levels, but enough to recommend it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
a small arcade (not sure if it even deserves being called this) opened up at a nearby game.

found it, the thing worse than those ticket gambling prize games.

overpriced VR games/rides attraction for $10 a session. No one at this mall is gonna bite. Its gonna crash and burn out before the end of the year

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

huh apparently there was Wo Long dlc that came out last week that i missed entirely

huh apparently Wo Long is gonna be doing a collab with Lies of P when that comes out

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can see FF16 being somewhere in the middle / near the top for people, but if someone ranks it at the bottom, even lower than FF13 & FF15 then they are just objectively wrong.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Zinkraptor posted:

I haven't finished FFXVI yet but so far it's a game that's kind of eh at points and really great at others, which I at least appreciate more than a game that's just moderately decent the whole way through.

My experience with FFXIV is kind of the same. Sometimes I wonder why I bothered with the game at all, but then I hit some of the really high points in the story / the gameplay and it makes it all worth it and then some. Not surprised that it carried over to their next project.

(For the record, I appreciate that too -- better succeed and fail dramatically then put out middle of the road slop that is quickly forgotten)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

It's very funny that before XVI came out, Yoshida talked about how western audiences were sometimes really weird about Japanese games and a lot of people in the press responded with "What, no, never!" and then when the game came out a bunch of people were really weird about it.

This thread is the only place I've seen anyone discuss it in

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

IGN had an opinion piece saying "Well, God of War is more of an RPG than FF16 anyway! It has more numbers!"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FF16 is one of the best games of the year, everyone should play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

IGN had an opinion piece saying "Well, God of War is more of an RPG than FF16 anyway! It has more numbers!"

Well that's a lol