Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i was really excited for Callisto Protocol but yeah i heard it sucked and then i lost all enthusiasm or interest. shame, was really hoping more from glen schofield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i don my helmet. instantly, i am transported into the world of the Virtual, a place unmoored from the constraints of the material world, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. i'm hurtled across cyberspace and transported to a realm where anything is possible limited only by the constraints of human creativity. i am playing minigolf with hoggle from 1986's Labyrinth

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Loving Dave the Diver so far but man, it's wild to me that there's no controller support at launch. It makes way more sense than M+KB, must be something for the Switch release down the line I'm hoping is coming because it'd definitely be a perfect Switch game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Loving Dave the Diver so far but man, it's wild to me that there's no controller support at launch. It makes way more sense than M+KB, must be something for the Switch release down the line I'm hoping is coming because it'd definitely be a perfect Switch game

so, not a great Deck game at the moment either then

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

I dunno, it may be depending on how it does controller support and I may be missing something. I feel like if it was a Deck no-go I would've heard by now

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

weird, Steam says Full Control Support and verified on Deck

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Correction to my previous post - it has full controller support, it just doesn't recognize it if you plug it in after you launch the game

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

works fine on my logitech F710

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Correction to my previous post - it has full controller support, it just doesn't recognize it if you plug it in after you launch the game

another C-SPAM success story

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

another C-SPAM success story

oldmine

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

both Hunter Biden and Wakka hosed their dead brother's woman

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lol Snake watching Meryl's rear end as she runs away

Snake's genes were speaking to him and they were saying, "So how does it taste?"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

works fine on my logitech F710

:golfclap:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

loquacius posted:

no it plays great great on Deck and has full support

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

david the diver is excellent. people should be nicer to him though. he's trying his best

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
saw this amazing fan art today

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

iu dunno what you are doing but it's great on deck. I keep swapping between playing it on PC (controller) and steamdeck and both are fantastically good.

something is seriously wrong with your config if you are having issues playing it on the deck

Xaris has issued a correction as of 06:27 on Jul 3, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

yeah i was going to say i dunno what you are smoking man, i've only been playing it on controller

anyways that's actually a pretty common bug with a certain set of games, even AAA games at times. i always load my controller first. 90% of the time it's fine to load it any time though.

just going to throw out the new 2022-3 8bitdo controller ultimate as being really good and the least hassle ive ever had to deal with trying to controller game on PC. it's even better since it's wireless and not bluetooth (worst protocol ever). i gave up on using my ds4/ds5 just because even with ds4windows, its so loving finnicky.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

smarxist posted:

saw this amazing fan art today

x y down up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ff6 is the sixth best final fantasy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

7 > 10 == 8 > 16 > 5 > 6 > 4 > 1/2/3/9/13/15 in any order, who gives a poo poo >>>>>>>>>>> 12

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
I highly recommend the roguelike called Syntheik and if you like it and want more try the early access sequel.

these games don’t look like much in screenshots and videos but are impressive tactical shooters.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Never seen anyone rate 9 so low, truly deranged

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

god gamer here. anyone for battlebits? kdr is improving, up to 0.09

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

nvm, g2g

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Stupid Boxes posted:

I highly recommend the roguelike called Syntheik and if you like it and want more try the early access sequel.

these games don’t look like much in screenshots and videos but are impressive tactical shooters.

synthetik owns

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
i want to support the ghost trick remake but i also dont want to spend $30 on a game i already bought

everyone who hasnt played it buy that poo poo so i can feel better and save money its fuckin great

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Ff16 being rated below 8 and 10...
How bad is this game?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Communist Thoughts posted:

How bad is this game?

It seems fine, but it feels like an unrelated CAG that they lightly spritzed the FF aesthetic and tropes on top of.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

How bad is this game?

it would be great if it were named anything other than Final Fantasy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mask of the Rose is pretty fun so far, I really like the idea of Fallen London, though I could never play it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Xaris posted:

iu dunno what you are doing but it's great on deck. I keep swapping between playing it on PC (controller) and steamdeck and both are fantastically good.

something is seriously wrong with your config if you are having issues playing it on the deck

I have not played this game and was reacting to another poster's contention (later revealed as mistaken) that it did not have controller support, hope this helps

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Talking about bad games I like since they are on sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1332760/Nienix_Cosmic_Warfare/

Plays like diablo 2 in space. Better with friends. Lots of bugs that scream 'my first video game' kinda dev. Like the loot filter kinda gets saved some times. But it is fun and a few of my friends and I have enjoyed it for at least a week getting to new game plus at around level 30.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1537910/Chaos_Galaxy_2/

No one plays this, no one has heard of it, but it is a great tactical game. The factions are pretty unique. Watching a friend play as the pirates right now where they have a good missile boat, a good missile mech, and then very bad mechs. He is trying to steal ships away from another faction using their pirate mechanic to fight the not-zerg on the other end of his empire.

quote:

The factions in the game belong to 8 different faction types, each faction type has its own unique play rule and special planetary building.
The imperial factions can vie for the imperial official posts to increase their troop limit in the fleet and the ability of the commander. The pirate factions can capture the enemy's fleeing ships and arms in the battle. Mercenaries and assassins can accept the quests of mercenaries and assassins. AI faction can steal and study the blueprints of other factions. Businessmen can trade and invest. The revolutionary faction can carry out revolutionary propaganda to incite enemy planets to revolt. Aliens can devour planets to absorb life-gene.
Choose different factions, you can get completely different game experience.

It plays like romance of the 3 kingdoms in space.

Third World Reagan has issued a correction as of 12:08 on Jul 3, 2023

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Third World Reagan posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1537910/Chaos_Galaxy_2/

No one plays this, no one has heard of it, but it is a great tactical game. The factions are pretty unique. Watching a friend play as the pirates right now where they have a good missile boat, a good missile mech, and then very bad mechs. He is trying to steal ships away from another faction using their pirate mechanic to fight the not-zerg on the other end of his empire.

It plays like romance of the 3 kingdoms in space.

might pick this up, thanks, I have indeed never heard of it and it looks neat

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Stupid Boxes posted:

I loving love SYNTHETIK, it's the perfect balance of tacticool and john woo with smoke and bullet casings flying around everywhere, the audiovisual feedback is spot on and most guns feel very fun to use

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

How bad is this game?

Game is good. Best game released so far this year.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

it's a living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Victory wine