Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the steam store has explicit anti lgbt russian games and stuff on it too, valve just doesn't give a poo poo it's wild

On the flipside, they also sell a bunch of LGBT-friendly games in Russia, where it's outright illegal, so it all balances out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Genuine Racism Game

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Genuine Racism Game

i thought we weren’t allowed to talk about the new Harry Potter ps5 game here?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A PS5... game?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Paladinus posted:

A PS5... game?

They’re just pullin’ your chain.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Anyone have any tips on the fighting in Yakuza 0? It seems very easy to get interrupted on combos and bosses/certain enemies have toooons of health.

Sort of why I stopped playing last time around because the combat didn't click so maybe I'm not engaging with the mechanics right?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Anyone have any tips on the fighting in Yakuza 0? It seems very easy to get interrupted on combos and bosses/certain enemies have toooons of health.

Sort of why I stopped playing last time around because the combat didn't click so maybe I'm not engaging with the mechanics right?

the most important question: have you equipped an item called the charismatic autobiography

if so, take it off. that thing basically activates the game's super hard mode

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ilmucche posted:

where in the game are you? some of the early sequences are hard if you arent used to yakuza fighting. you're pretty much supposed to go through a lot of healing items and pick up weapons and use those

after you buy some key skills the combat gets a lot more fluid and you can style on people but if its your first play through and you're like, getting stomped when you're going through the sequence to fight kuze for the first time that's pretty normal i think

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Genuine Racism Game

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Runa posted:

steam, proud home of the Sex With Hitler franchise

Oxxidation posted:

the most important question: have you equipped an item called the charismatic autobiography

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Oxxidation posted:

No idea what that is, I didn't take any of the clown man's stuff if that's where it's from. Might get the pocket racer stuff from him.

Cuttlefush posted:

where in the game are you? some of the early sequences are hard if you arent used to yakuza fighting. you're pretty much supposed to go through a lot of healing items and pick up weapons and use those

after you buy some key skills the combat gets a lot more fluid and you can style on people but if its your first play through and you're like, getting stomped when you're going through the sequence to fight kuze for the first time that's pretty normal i think

Just finished chapter 4. I think chapter 5 is when the real estate game starts up so I'll probably spend a lot of time there grinding money for pocket racer parts.

I think last time I got to the chapter where kiryu and majima switch towns? Started a new file though

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i wouldnt have looked but i would still have sent in the permaban from the images in the games thread alone

as a long time advocate of 'plz take at least 30 seconds to do a minimum amount of diligence on stuff' i appreciate that VG bothered to check, but also yeah

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
btw battlebit is really fuckin good, especially for $15 and it might actually be the best fps to come out in the last couple of years. game is ugly but the gameplay is extremely good

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Stop all the downloadin

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Old man anime I remember is roujin z where the Japanese gov is like, we hate old people so much we are going to put them in some self sufficient mecha that also functions as an automatic coffin once the occupant dies or the mecha has a nuclear meltdown, so they put an old guy with alzheimers in one. But also they went too evil trying to weaponize old people so the mecha has a ton of weapons in it and of course the old guy becomes insane and goes on a warpath. Now this sounds like the premise that would be as dark and serious as akira or we3 but, why don't we make it a comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfrrIDT53_w

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Old man anime I remember is roujin z where the Japanese gov is like, we hate old people so much we are going to put them in some self sufficient mecha that also functions as an automatic coffin once the occupant dies or the mecha has a nuclear meltdown, so they put an old guy with alzheimers in one. But also they went too evil trying to weaponize old people so the mecha has a ton of weapons in it and of course the old guy becomes insane and goes on a warpath. Now this sounds like the premise that would be as dark and serious as akira or we3 but, why don't we make it a comedy

That’s sounds exactly like a dreadnought from 40k

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

careful, I'm pretty sure that gets you dogged in CSPAM.

You definitely don't want to be dogged in CSPAM.

Or a dog in CSPAM.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

What if dreadnoughts from Warhammer were actually anime?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cthulu Carl posted:

You definitely don't want to be dogged in CSPAM.

Or a dog in CSPAM.

lol

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
In most yakuza games, including 0, heat actions and heavy attacks from big objects do tons of damage. And you start with almost all the good heat actions unlocked in 0.

If you’re trying to square up against bosses and you’re not experienced with the mechanics the games can feel pretty lovely with all the input reads and armor the enemies get, but pretty much any boss is susceptible to getting a loving armoire to the dome.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Cthulu Carl posted:

Or a dog in CSPAM.

:laugh:

very risky blowjob
Sep 27, 2015

ilmucche posted:

whatever you do, don't make the yakuza guy have sex with hitler.

or... do.

it's one of the two.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

epic rap battles of history | adolf hitler vs kazuma kiryu

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

I remember watching this on Sci Fi Channel's Saturday Anime back in like 1996, and it still holds up

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

lobster shirt posted:

epic rap battles of history | adolf hitler vs kazuma kiryu

drat if kiryu raps like in Like A Butterfly I think hitler has a chance

https://youtu.be/klfOoPEISyQ

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Speaking of insane steam games, nobody should miss StarkRavingMad’s post about The Piss Game:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655873&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=192#post532561171

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Speaking of insane steam games, nobody should miss StarkRavingMad’s post about The Piss Game:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3655873&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=192#post532561171

:stare:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Urge is sick lol. I've watched a streamer play it and it's so goddamn weird.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Genuinely laughing. It’s that KC Green Piss Wizard comic but irl

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol wtf

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The world map being what can only be described as a flaccid version of Florida is something else.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:piss:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

no but seriously what the gently caress

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m laughing so hard I can’t breathe help

quote:

if you don't get your disgusting piss urges under control you eventually cause the piss apocalypse, or pisscopalyse if you will, where horrible piss asteroids rain from the sky and monsters are everywhere and government dudes show up in vans in full hazmat suits with machine guns to take you out since you are destroying the world with your pee, and no, I'm not kidding about any of this.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah it rules.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Anyone got the baby oil thunderdome post? I just found out one of my friends did a few years and he'd enjoy that story.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

“Highly recommend, great atmosphere and the piss mechanic is super clever! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”

-@realDonaldTrump

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
A great game! No notes.
-Bear Grylls