Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

nerd :owned:

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I remember renting black ops from the Redbox and I thought the opening cinematic was cool and then it drops you into the game and I couldn’t figure out the controls and aiming was too hard so after about 15 minutes I gave up and never played call of duty again. What a waste of $2.
then I got New Vegas which was way more interesting and I figured out how to play fps games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I miss when Battlefield was good. After BF4, the series went to complete poo poo, and BF2042 is garbage.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
With Battlefield I don’t even know if EA is totally to blame, they gave :dice: a LOT of leeway and they went loving insane.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

I said come in! posted:

I miss when Battlefield was good. After BF4, the series went to complete poo poo, and BF2042 is garbage.

what about bf1

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

bf1 is fantastic and has the tightest gunplay in the series but i can get not liking it if you couldn’t dig the aesthetic.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

SUNKOS posted:

:words:

TF2 was a huge regression from the original game as well :(

Found myself agreeing with everything in your very good effortpost except for this, :wtf:

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That's 99% issues with the maps. There are some good ones yeah but also some really bad ones whereas TF1 had quality and quantity.

The other is titans going from build-your-own from a base chassis to essentially hero characters (don't know how else to describe) which I know some people liked but I wasn't so fond of myself. I'd have liked titan customization to have remained tbh but that's more of a different strokes type thing. They added some cool sandbox stuff though like the grappling hook and the grenade affecting physics of bullets being really cool, but then also removing the rodeo mechanic for the battery system was a misstep imo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I thought TF1 was better. It really is the maps that make the difference.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want TitanFall 2 multiplayer to be made into its own separate multiplayer game that is updated regularly. But because of the success of Apex Legends, that is never going to happen.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Feast your eyes

https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1675236122237054985?s=20

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They must be stopped

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Red looks good because Japan. The one about the witch trials in Germany could be cool too. I'm surprised how much I didn't care about Mirage though.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

hatty posted:

They must be stopped

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Assassin's Creed multiplayer loving ruled and if the planned mp games are more of that then it is acceptable

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Black Flag remake could be cool? Never played it after seeing how different it was from the gameplay unveiling but it's a good premise that with a lot of polish and expanding the gameplay might be solid? Would hope they rip out that non-pirate present/future-day stuff though but I guess that's unlikely since apparently that story is in all the AC games?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

That's 99% issues with the maps. There are some good ones yeah but also some really bad ones whereas TF1 had quality and quantity.

The other is titans going from build-your-own from a base chassis to essentially hero characters (don't know how else to describe) which I know some people liked but I wasn't so fond of myself. I'd have liked titan customization to have remained tbh but that's more of a different strokes type thing. They added some cool sandbox stuff though like the grappling hook and the grenade affecting physics of bullets being really cool, but then also removing the rodeo mechanic for the battery system was a misstep imo.

I cant think of a single TF2 map I didn't like. Also weren't most of the TF1 maps in TF2 by the end? Which ones did you think were bad?

TF2 was a drat near perfect game imo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo rock band is still in quick resume what the hell??? I haven't played it in months

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Professor Beetus posted:

Holy poo poo rock band is still in quick resume what the hell??? I haven't played it in months

Quick resume is the best poo poo.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SUNKOS posted:

Black Flag remake could be cool? Never played it after seeing how different it was from the gameplay unveiling but it's a good premise that with a lot of polish and expanding the gameplay might be solid? Would hope they rip out that non-pirate present/future-day stuff though but I guess that's unlikely since apparently that story is in all the AC games?

It will be really funny if it comes out before the .... Ubisoft boat game that I forget the name of

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

hatty posted:

They must be stopped

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Is the new CoD any better than it was 7 months ago? I tried DMZ but got deleted by godbots

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen

hatty posted:

They must be stopped

Why? Who even cares anymore

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

People going ‘oh yeah that could be pretty good’ at a remake of an assassins creed game...The boat stuff wasn’t even that good!

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Just get rid of the tailing missions.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

There's going to be at least 11 more Assassin's Creeds before we see Elder Scrolls VI...

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

There's going to be at least 11 more Assassin's Creeds before we see Elder Scrolls VI...

To be fair Ubisoft has 20,000! devs and BGS has like 500.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

I said come in! posted:

I absolutely LOVED Hardline, but the hardcore Battlefield fans didn't like it because it wasn't enough of a Battlefield game...which was the entire point. It was a spinoff. With moving vehicles as Conquest points where you could have a squadmate lean out the window blowing up other cars with a grenade launcher. It kicked rear end. Solid campaign, too.

By Battlefield 1, I completely burned out due to putting easily over a hundred hours into BF3 and BF4.

I think 2042 is in a much better place now than when it launched.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bad company 2 is the best fps game to ever grace consoles and will never be topped (except by a remaster of it that is in the same engine and keeps everything the same except higher-def visuals and making choppers less broken)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

bad company 2 is the best fps game to ever grace consoles and will never be topped (except by a remaster of it that is in the same engine and keeps everything the same except higher-def visuals and making choppers less broken)

King Carl was a hard counter to choppers. And the M134.

But yes, give me Bad Company 2 with higher resolution and FoV slider.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

BF1943 is the best fps game to ever grace consoles and will never be topped (except by a remaster of it that is in the same engine and keeps everything the same except higher-def visuals and making choppers less broken)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mirage, and Red are the only ones i'm interested in currently. Red is the next RPG, and it takes place in Japan.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I just want an AC set in Tenochtitlan, it writes itself

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The best part of Black Flag was Kenway basically finding the assassin’s outfit and gear in a cave or something, putting it on and just sort of going cool, guess I’m an assassin now :shrug:

Although cruising the high seas, boarding ships and singing sea shanties was pretty cool

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

elpaganoescapa posted:

I just want an AC set in Tenochtitlan, it writes itself

That would be sick as hell, but I’m guessing their marketing people probably think it doesn’t have enough mass appeal. Back to Middle Ages Europe with you

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Wiltsghost posted:

To be fair Ubisoft has 20,000! devs and BGS has like 500.

It must be a nonstop loving factory over there.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I said come in! posted:

:wrong:

Knight2m
Jul 26, 2002

Touchdown Steelers

Pour out a Polar seltzer for the COD/BLOPs goon squad.

Dolphin diving was the best addition to the fps genre. Hardcore CTF and KC were just something to do to showoff new player created emblem. If I could still make holiday themed Batman eating a hotdog gun emblems, I might still be playing these games.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Knight2m posted:

Pour out a Polar seltzer for the COD/BLOPs goon squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2xXhAr6k9Q

Neptunia on Xbox.