Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I don't even do twitter, and I'm having a hard time loading the tweets linked in this thread. Might want to stick to screenshots. Hell, if the site actually goes down, screenshots will be what survives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Deptfordx posted:

I watched that live when it first came out aged 12. :ohdear:

I cannot recommend that experience.

I was 14 and it did a number on me :stare:

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Can't wait for Elon to say that Japan, one of the most racist countries on the planet, has been infected by the woke mind virus.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jestery posted:

Having to create an embed on an unrelated site to view a post

Normal good website

hell i have to switch browsers to see birdposts.

also you think musk's need/want to be a (anime)nerd king overrides his racism towards asia/japan?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Busters posted:

I don't even do twitter, and I'm having a hard time loading the tweets linked in this thread. Might want to stick to screenshots. Hell, if the site actually goes down, screenshots will be what survives.

screenshots that aren't hosted on imgur

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

E the Shaggy posted:

Can't wait for Elon to say that Japan, one of the most racist countries on the planet, has been infected by the woke mind virus.

Japan is going through quite its own culture war: younger people don't want to buy into souless corporate "traditional" culture, especially young women, and increasingly embrace more "woke" progressive values, like loving everywhere else.

Young adults and youth are in a culture war across the developed world against the olds

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 3, 2023

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

TulliusCicero posted:

Japan is going through quite its own culture war: younger people don't want to buy into souless corporate "traditional" culture, especially young women, and increasingly embrace more "woke" progressive values, like loving everywhere else.

Young adults and youth are in a culture war across the developed world against the olds

Japan is along with Italy and Germany the oldest large country in the world so they are heavily outbumbered

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

beep by grandpa posted:

Wtf is "the procreation problem" is that some white genocide dogwhistle poo poo

lol what do you think

Owlaholic
Sep 12, 2015

muffin night, motherfuckers
I wanted to check to see if a Minecraft auto-run mod creator had posted any updates. It immediately prompted me to log in. Nah, I am good Musky Musk. This poo poo is getting ridiculous.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Twitter was never the biggest/most popular platform, nor did it ever actually make any money, but somehow it had outsized relevance thanks to journalists, politicians, and celebrities.

Now Elon’s killed Twitter’s relevance by pay gating it. :lol:

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Well I'll be. Haven't logged into Twitter in ages, but I decided to do so just now. Guess it's been deleted?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Busters posted:

The smart man made it so that you must log in to view any tweets, period, just the other day. So you not having an account and not being able to see any of the tweets that you click on itt is a feature. Somehow.

If there’s one thing advertisers love it’s having their advertisements walled off so that nobody outside can see it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Lazy_Liberal posted:

thank you for quoting the actual tweet since viewing a retweeted video don't work no mo

I didn't know that didn't work any more, sorry, here's a Translated version:

https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1675534197698760705

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
it's like burning an effigy for nintendo babies

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

DeusIgnis posted:

Well I'll be. Haven't logged into Twitter in ages, but I decided to do so just now. Guess it's been deleted?

Yeah to try to punish NPR for abandoning their account he made it so anyone who doesn’t log in for 30 days gets their account deleted.

DeusIgnis
Jan 17, 2010

Riven posted:

Yeah to try to punish NPR for abandoning their account he made it so anyone who doesn’t log in for 30 days gets their account deleted.

Oh well, it was for the best.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Elon Musk wasn't Twitter's main character. He was its final boss.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Steadiman posted:

I hope this means she’s about to drop something more juicy than the weird attempt of grimes to set up a threesome. I’m ready Azalea, bring me lols

Elon turned down a threesome. Who does he think he is, Woolie?

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I don't know if this is real because I can't go on Twitter anymore and check

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Jelly posted:

:lol:

The serial poster telling us all to log off is quite the loving new level of delusion

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

If he thinks it's important to touch grass, why does he want to go to Mars where there is no grass? Checkmate, Musk. Your move.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Jelly posted:

I used about 40 of my 600 to confirm that it was real and see everyone dunking on him for it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Saving these in case lol

https://i.imgur.com/VJJSZrt.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/6Zawct6.mp4

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Lammasu posted:

I've turned down threesomes before. What can I say, I wanna be romanced before I violate a couple's relationship.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I once turned down a threesome because one of the proposed participants was a white guy with dreads.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dalmaer/status/1675490636844216321

:elon:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol no way

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I think you guys are missing the context of that, Elon wanted to have a threesome and put grimes up to it which was laughed at by this 'you ready to die' lady.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

KakerMix posted:

I think you guys are missing the context of that, Elon wanted to have a threesome and put grimes up to it which was laughed at by this 'you ready to die' lady.

Yeah I thought this was pretty obvious lol

Also group sex of any number is almost always a bad idea, but I encourage people to do it because the fallout is always hilarious.

Also the solution to population issues is to force feminise everyone. I'm not going to explain my working.

Now, bird site is dying, is the betting pool re-opening? It's gone longer than I thought but no way it's gonna hit end of year unless something drastically changes, like Elon fucks off.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

I used about 40 of my 600 to confirm that it was real and see everyone dunking on him for it

Thank you for your sacrifice.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

syntaxfunction posted:

Also the solution to population issues is to force feminise everyone. I'm not going to explain my working.

surprised elon hasn't gone full strangelove and announced work on a genophage virus that causes humans to give birth to 90% female offspring

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

can i keep my dick and balls? i promise to laugh the next time i eat a salad

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

When you try to go to an embedded tweet on twitter without an account it just says "Something went wrong."

Yes, Elon. Something did go wrong.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

EightFlyingCars posted:

can i keep my dick and balls? i promise to laugh the next time i eat a salad

I said feminise not castrate what the gently caress is wrong with you

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I was 14 and it did a number on me :stare:

Yeah my ur-hippie Social Studies teacher showed that to the class my freshman year in rural northern California. It was certainly a choice.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnot that the wrong Azealia.

or Musk invited the wrong Azealia.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Lammasu posted:

:lol:

You just know Elon mains a terrible Iron Man in Marvel.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Elon probably wanted White Azealia

the one from Australia

who looks like she was stung by everything from said straya

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

"Hmm yes let's make it so only parents can vote" is such a bald faced fascist dog whistle, because they don't want teenage mothers on welfare or single mothers receiving child support to have suffrage, they just want to come up with enough restrictions to drown the general populace's suffrage a bath tub. So it's parents only, and then you pile on the other restrictions so only the "right" people can have the vote, right being whatever set of demographics that lets rich people keep as much control as possible. Property owners only. Married people only. People not on poor people's welfare only--though rich people making fat from government subsidies, of course, will be allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PhazonLink posted:

isnot that the wrong Azealia.

or Musk invited the wrong Azealia.

yeah the rumour is he wanted noted racist Iggy Azalea but then panicked when Azaelia Banks appeared so he locked himself and Grimes in the closet while she happily did instagram stories at their bedroom