Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’s short enough that you can make your own mind up without much time investment lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you’re going to make a CAW at all you’ll need to play it through RTE anyway to get it stats and skills, so might as well do that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I’m taking Adam Cole to RTE first to get a handle on it, then build a dumb CAW and go next.

CAWs need to go through to improve stats, and you get more stats on higher difficulty levels apparently.

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is a pretty insignificant complaint, but what is up with the DVD-quality video in this game? A concession for the switch version's filesize? These shows are filmed in HD aren't they???

It looks alright on the OLED :v: but it’s the in-game looking like it’s got Vaseline smeared on that sucks the most in handheld mode.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I was kind of tempted to take a dive in the tag title match so Best Friends could win something for once.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

jesus WEP posted:

it’s short enough that you can make your own mind up without much time investment lol

how long does it take to get through Road to the Elite?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Couple of hours at a stretch

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I think each of the singles matches I beat in less than 3 minutes in road to elite.

The multi man matches were all grueling nightmares

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Created a CAW named Yambag Jones, had him start RTE. I was doing a fan meet and greet and mentioned that I wouldn't want to be elected President, I'd just seize power.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

A Fancy Hat posted:

Created a CAW named Yambag Jones, had him start RTE. I was doing a fan meet and greet and mentioned that I wouldn't want to be elected President, I'd just seize power.

Lol i got that one with hangman and i forget the exact words but it boiled down to "nah president sounds boring and difficult ill just be world champion"

I was then immediately accosted by dustin rhodes at baggage claim and forced to drive him from LA to Austin

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I've played about four hours. Enjoying a lot so far.

---

TOP-3 selling physical game in UK. Sold 40% less than WWE2K23 when it was released, which sounds quite impressive number to me (2K23 was the top selling game on that week).
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-returns-to-no1-while-new-wrestler-aew-debuts-at-no3-uk-boxed-charts

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Did a singles match on Normal with my moves list edited Miro against Sammy, and tapped him out in a minute 30 with one sharpshooter. Somethings definitely off.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
There seems to be plenty of people saying that playing on Elite difficulty improves the gameplay a lot. Haven't gotten there myself yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://uproxx.com/sports/kenny-omega-interview-aew-forbidden-door-tiger-driver-91-fight-forever/ Kenny basically confirms Stadium Stampede mode and hints at adding wrestlers from NJPW and ROH.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there really no animation for the Rainmaker in the game?

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Is there really no animation for the Rainmaker in the game?

I remember seeing a ripcord something-or-other in the moves list, it might be buried behind a particular style of wrestler?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Saucer Crab posted:

I remember seeing a ripcord something-or-other in the moves list, it might be buried behind a particular style of wrestler?

There's no specific Rainmaker, only the 2K WWE one where it's a German suplex into the rainmaker

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There are multiple rainmakers but it’s called something lariat.

Wrist control lariat maybe.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Someone please tell me how to turn your opponent around.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

RandolphCarter posted:

Someone please tell me how to turn your opponent around.

Right trigger on ground/left bumper while standing?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Kennel posted:

Right trigger on ground/left bumper while standing?

I’ve figured it out

R2 turns a downed opponent over
R1 rotates a grappled opponent.

Also I’m 100% going to lose this handicap match vs the Bucks. I hate handicap matches

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

RandolphCarter posted:

I’ve figured it out

R2 turns a downed opponent over
R1 rotates a grappled opponent.

Also I’m 100% going to lose this handicap match vs the Bucks. I hate handicap matches

If you can get em outside the ring and just suplex the gently caress out of one of them into the barricades.

That is how I defeated Yuka and Brodie Lee

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If you can get em outside the ring and just suplex the gently caress out of one of them into the barricades.

That is how I defeated Yuka and Brodie Lee

Match was over in thirty seconds. One of them hit me before the bell rang and I never had a chance to recover. Rage quit, I’ll try again later

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

RandolphCarter posted:

Match was over in thirty seconds. One of them hit me before the bell rang and I never had a chance to recover. Rage quit, I’ll try again later

Another useful tip, If your guy has the bail out perk, use that poo poo like crazy.

Eddie Kingston has it. Just press in the right stock when down in the right thumb stick

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm playing as Ricky in the RTE, facing CM Punk for the first Rampage. Right before I pin him after using my finisher, I fall through the ring and start getting timed out. He won by count out. Glad I joined the Dark Order.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Another useful tip, If your guy has the bail out perk, use that poo poo like crazy.

Eddie Kingston has it. Just press in the right stock when down in the right thumb stick

That just leads to them hitting me with topes and getting signatures faster. I’m just gonna eat the L next time. It doesn’t help that I’m terrible at reversals.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have finished the road to elite, and am now an evp. The secret to winning a handicap match is to buy the permanent special power.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

I have finished the road to elite, and am now an evp. The secret to winning a handicap match is to buy the permanent special power.

yah i forgot too and came so close!! The lack of a retry is very annoying

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I beat Punk in his return match in a little over a minute. I somehow countered a bunch of his moves by button mashing like an idiot and got my signature and finisher right away. He barely got any offense in.

Can you imagine? Bitter old wrestlers are always waxing nostalgic about causing riots, might've seen one there if that happened in real life.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

how do i choose a target in aewff? im always locked in on one dude and cant for the life of me figure out how to switch which dude im locked in on

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Click L3 and your guy will look at another guy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Kvlt! posted:

how do i choose a target in aewff? im always locked in on one dude and cant for the life of me figure out how to switch which dude im locked in on

Press in the left stick

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think there’s also an auto focus mode you can turn on

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

people really need to read the manual. just kidding

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ty!

follow up: what do skill points do in road to elite if im playing with Mox not a CAW?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Turn into money when you’re finished

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ty!

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

At least pin breaks are just as busted for the AI. Had a triple threat match vs Mox and Kenny, Mox hits the Death Rider on me, Kenny quickly takes the pin. Mox proceeds to drop five axehandles that hit nothing as the ref counts 3

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Is there a way to stay crouched after getting knocked down to hit an opponent ala No Mercy?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Guh, the cheese online is real. The CAW's with Wardlow's moveset and unyielding presence to no-sell everything you throw at them, plus it seems like spamming both bumpers is now just the start because I've played a few people today who jiggle like crazy when you're attacking them because they're mashing bumpers like crazy which leads to a lot of reversals. Also people rolling out of the ring every time they're in danger to taunt spam until they get special. Hopefully they address some of these things because allowing CAW's into the ranked match pool is really loving dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s that or everyone picks Kenny because he has all the highest stats so yeah give me all the weird CAWs