Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zelda: No... Link, you didn't...
Link: I bought a zoo
Yunobo: WHY'D YOU DO IT!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I’m now in the killing time before final boss phase. This feels like a weird complaint but I wish there were fewer armor sets to find. At this point I just roll my eyes when I open a chest and it’s somehow the start of yet another set instead of the second or third piece of one of the other 20 I already have

It’s cool I guess that they have fan service poo poo from every Zelda game ever but I would enjoy having a few finished sets over an infinitely growing pile of mismatched tunics.

Link’s insane t shirt collection was the fight that made him move out and get his own place again, wasn’t it

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
No fight, Zelda just did some time fuckery so that legendary thief stole and hid all those armor sets before Link even found them.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

As is custom in this game, I hosed around going to all kinds of random places I was not supposed to go to

I kept hunting for the dragon's tears backstory things, and I could not overlook the giant thunderstorm clouds above Farron which, curiously, no quest pointed me towards

Cue me after the four main quests: "Hey Link, now you need to find the fifth sage and get the master sword! ...oh, you did both of those things. Well. Go to the final boss then, I guess"

I felt so bad for the NPCs I went ahead and did the quest I skipped anyway, just to see how I was SUPPOSED to get into the thunderclouds. Not gonna lie, I randomly started on the east side of the thunder islands, and immediately found the shrine and mask just by randomly running around in the fog. Luckily it's not a very big island

Still greatly entertained by how much of an idiot every single character in this story is, it's great

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I'm trying to do main quests backwards on a secondary file, to the best of my ability since there are a few things that rely on finishing other quests (there's the Hyrule Castle boss fight of course, but also apparently I can't pick up Mineru until the regional phenomena questline is started?). I haven't gotten to do the endgame stuff yet though because I'm poo poo at combat and I want to at least get a little extra bulk and the flight suit. Gonna be funny when I can finally go back to all the NPCs and tell them all the cool stuff I've seen and done while they thought Link was still missing in a ditch somewhere

Also I'm still balling on 1.1.1 because I have my Switch on airplane mode all the time :smug: I was even able to turn it off and go online with some other games, then put it back up before I started TotK again and it still didn't force an update. Probably wouldn't rely on that on the long term though, once I'm done screwing around on this file I'll probably do the update.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 3, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's kinda insane to me how expensive armors are in this game considering how expensive it is to upgrade them to usefulness.
Anyways, where's moose and bear? I need to make money, and I've got a ton of zonite (because I'm too lazy to warp around and buy charges with it)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

moose live in tabantha snowfields

bears also sort of hang out there occasionally

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

It's kinda insane to me how expensive armors are in this game considering how expensive it is to upgrade them to usefulness.
Anyways, where's moose and bear? I need to make money, and I've got a ton of zonite (because I'm too lazy to warp around and buy charges with it)

I usually stop upgrading a piece of armor at the level before the requirements get whacky (i.e right before it requires dragon scales, claws etc). I am pretty bad at combat in this game so my "go to" armor set us the Hylian Hood, Soldiers Chestpiece and Greaves plus the Hylian Shield. I have 44 armor and very few enemies hit me for more than a single heart container.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I like the Depths set, it’s funny that it makes link look between a cross of a KKK member and Resident Evil 4 castle monk.

Mostly I just like wearing the climbing gear if I have my choice, though.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

I found that a sled with a fan and control stick is perfect for doing lazy circles around the snowy tundra in Tabantha shooting moose, bear and wolves. Just got to be quick to get the meat before it freezes.

Revisiting caves and harvesting gems, flint and etc... can make some good money pretty quick too. The flint can be given to a Goron at the restaurant in sets of 20's for a chance at 1000 rupies. I'm not sure of the odds.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I know there's an object map for this game but I'm having trouble finding it. I just need to pick up a few more captain construct horns but I forget where I've seen them over the dozens of hours of gameplay.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Mercury Hat posted:

I know there's an object map for this game but I'm having trouble finding it. I just need to pick up a few more captain construct horns but I forget where I've seen them over the dozens of hours of gameplay.

There's a couple back of the main sky island snow shrine and one in the rising island chain to the sky ark IIRC. Set your map beeper to them to make life easier.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
I was pretty boring and lame through most of the game and maxed out the barbarian armor first. But I hate how it looks so I ended up maxing out the fierce deity set instead, which was much easier since the only difficult ingredient is the lynel guts and I had plenty of those from farming them for the barbarian.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Mercury Hat posted:

try this: https://objmap-totk.zeldamods.org/#/map/z3,0,0

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is it a glitch I have 2 sages out at once? I thought it was a one at a time thing

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is it a glitch I have 2 sages out at once? I thought it was a one at a time thing

Nope, you can have them all out at once blocking your shots or blowing away drops

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Nope you basically get a whole crew by the end which gets a lot less cooler when you have to find a specific one to use their ability.

Just remember you can turn them off in the key item menu.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

There are a lot of Misko armour sets I never got or completed, I never found the Barbarian hat or tights for example

Are all those quests given by Cece fans?

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
On one hand, having them all out definitely gets in the way a whole bunch and trying to gather stuff on the ground inevitably means the world will turn yellow while I get covered in water, the ingredients will be set on fire and blown off a cliff, all while I jump onto another sage’s back and accidentally leap off the cliff myself. Because some rear end in a top hat decided that both gathering and activating each sage’s power would use the “A” button.

On the other, I do love watching a bokoblin get stunned by one sage and then slammed off a cliff by another.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've stumbled onto a lot of different armor pieces just through exploring caves and the Depths but I'm still missing the Zonai shirt and pants, the Rubber pants, the Royal Guard cap, the entire Naydra set, the Dinraal pants, the Cap/Tunic of the Wild and Sky, and one piece each of Twilight, Time, and Hero sets. That's a hefty chunk.

I'm also only at 7 Sage's Wills so far, I think it was mentioned earlier where 4 of them are and I'm debating whether that or the remaining 9 are worth my time or if I should just head to the final boss.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I was disappointed to find out the Sage's Wills only upgrade power, I was really hoping for a cooldown improvement. Do the upgrades sages even feel much different in practice when you're using them in fights?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was disappointed to find out the Sage's Wills only upgrade power, I was really hoping for a cooldown improvement. Do the upgrades sages even feel much different in practice when you're using them in fights?

Tulin seems to do more damage, but he's the only one I've buffed so far.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Manoueverable posted:

I've stumbled onto a lot of different armor pieces just through exploring caves and the Depths but I'm still missing the Zonai shirt and pants, the Rubber pants, the Royal Guard cap, the entire Naydra set, the Dinraal pants, the Cap/Tunic of the Wild and Sky, and one piece each of Twilight, Time, and Hero sets. That's a hefty chunk.

I'm also only at 7 Sage's Wills so far, I think it was mentioned earlier where 4 of them are and I'm debating whether that or the remaining 9 are worth my time or if I should just head to the final boss.

Seems silly not to just get ONE more Will at least

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

HPanda posted:

On one hand, having them all out definitely gets in the way a whole bunch and trying to gather stuff on the ground inevitably means the world will turn yellow while I get covered in water, the ingredients will be set on fire and blown off a cliff, all while I jump onto another sage’s back and accidentally leap off the cliff myself. Because some rear end in a top hat decided that both gathering and activating each sage’s power would use the “A” button.

On the other, I do love watching a bokoblin get stunned by one sage and then slammed off a cliff by another.

If the fighting skills of the ghost sages is any indication, it’s no wonder Gannon was able to so easily beat them back in the day.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Captain Hygiene posted:

No not really.

Always a little sad when the chest ends up being a sages will and not an old map

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I got fed up with the sages and just fight without them at this point. It's ended up being more fun for me too. The last straw was mounting Mineru instead of a Lynel twice in one fight

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

wish Minnie wasn't such a bust. and the boss fight sucked

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

wish Minnie wasn't such a bust. and the boss fight sucked

Activating her power is kind of crap, but attaching things to her hands with various ailments and effects can give some decent returns. Just not much point controlling them directly.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've cut the dungeons in BotW and TotK a lot of slack but I really thought there was going to be more to the Spirit Temple. That was very disappointing, but I appreciate the upside of getting easy replacement Zonai hilts and Ancient Arrows for when I go hunting for big game in the future.

Since I think I only have the final dungeon/boss left for plot stuff, one thing has really irritated me: I'm very frustrated that only the player bears the emotional weight of realizing where and what Zelda is rather than characters in the present, especially Link. It doesn't match all the flavor text you see about her being a widely respected, if not beloved, leader. I thought riding the Light Dragon after you complete the memories would have triggered something, but no dice.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I don't see a reason why they couldn't do something after beating the post-Regional Phenomena mission. You know drat well at that point it's not her, the game heavily nudges you toward finding out where she went, and the only thing stopping you from finding out more is the fifth sage quests before the next step is finding the master sword anyway. It would've been nice to have it be more widely acknowledged since you're not the only one who knows, Impa definitely knows as well once you finish the Tears quest. The only things that don't work at that point are the rumors with Penn (who is so busy looking for stories he can't even recognize Link, so why even bother explaining why he's still looking for Zelda)

Plus I want an excuse to get more pretty b-roll of dragons flying around. It seems so weird to have Naydra, Dinraal, Faron, and the Light Dragon flying around and they never interact with each other, I want them flying in formation.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

bawk posted:

The only things that don't work at that point are the rumors with Penn (who is so busy looking for stories he can't even recognize Link, so why even bother explaining why he's still looking for Zelda)

that's easy to justify Hey that fake zelda cuased a bunch of problems, guess we should follow up on sighting in case she's unleashing monsters somewhere else

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I suppose it wouldn't be too bad since text is so wildly varied depending on time of day. My dad just talked to the couple at the item store in Lookout Landing about Lurelin at night, and they were two text boxes in before saying "we weren't expecting a customer to overhear given the late hour" so they updated a lot based on just those particular flags

Bawkdad is 2 temples down and unlocked the water temple, he's been exploring a ton and got his second row of hearts/the whole overworld map and the medallions. He did the Wind Temple first from my recommendation but after that he's just been exploring on his own, and so far he's practically following in my footsteps despite never watching me play. I've nudged him on a few things like smuggling items so he can get stuff like a boat instead of using logs when he gets around go building boats, and he has Autobuild but AFAIK he's never been in the Depths since besides the fire temple. Still has 4 battery pips. He may just make it through Regional Phenomena before setting foot back down there when he's told to.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That’s a cool dad

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Finally beat the game

Probably my favorite Ganondorf fight right up there with Wind Waker. I love the little tricks they do to sell him as big threat like his health bar going all the way to the end of the screen in the second phase and him being able to slow mo dodge your attacks. I love poo poo like that in games. The final phase is basically just a victory lap, but it's a good spectacle and way better than the BotW equivalent.

The final gameplay segment being a redo of Link trying to reach for Zelda in the beginning is a really neat.

Also lol that they take off Link's shirt in the ending, like I get why because of the arm, but it's still really funny to me.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Penn definitely sticks out even in a game where few outside the core cast seem to recognize Link at all. I was expecting him to act like the social links in Persona 5 and go oh yeah, I figured out you're Link a while ago but didn't say anything to protect you since clearly someone is up to some poo poo.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Manoueverable posted:

Penn definitely sticks out even in a game where few outside the core cast seem to recognize Link at all. I was expecting him to act like the social links in Persona 5 and go oh yeah, I figured out you're Link a while ago but didn't say anything to protect you since clearly someone is up to some poo poo.

It's hilarous when people do the "oh cool, same name as the legendary swordsman? Neat!" even when I've been doing legendary sword stuff with my legendary sword RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.

Come on guys, even the Yiga can recognise me!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Runcible Cat posted:

It's hilarous when people do the "oh cool, same name as the legendary swordsman? Neat!" even when I've been doing legendary sword stuff with my legendary sword RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM.

Come on guys, even the Yiga can recognise me!

In fairness, this is a world where Team Rocket is the most competent group around.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
There is no way to recycle or exchange Zonai capsules, is there?

... So many headlights.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just found the zonaite shin guards, I hadn't found any of the pieces before and assumed it was just a fashionable armor set. Battery recharge seems like an awesome bonus, and at level 2 the shin guards have as much damage reduction as my level 3 hylean set. Guess I've gotta find the rest now, they seem like a must-have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just found the zonaite shin guards, I hadn't found any of the pieces before and assumed it was just a fashionable armor set. Battery recharge seems like an awesome bonus, and at level 2 the shin guards have as much damage reduction as my level 3 hylean set. Guess I've gotta find the rest now, they seem like a must-have.

They are all on sky islands but they are a sonofabitch to find. I had to look up the islands themselves just to narrow the search a bit, and only after a specific hint did i figure out how to get one of them.

It does matter for battery consumption if you want to just zone out and explore for a while in something more substantial than the hovercycle, though. Or if you want a deathmech