Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Mister Facetious posted:

Chicken teriyaki:

This looks great and inspired me to make the same last week. Didn't take a picture though.

Did some hungover cooking yesterday. For dinner, I made chicken tikka masala with veggies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Good day for some grilling.

Swordfish steaks with a little salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Grilled zucchini and potato salad.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Good day for some grilling.

Swordfish steaks with a little salt, pepper, and lemon zest. Grilled zucchini and potato salad.

Gadzooks I like the look of those grilled zucs! I gotta get a better camera or learn to use my iPhone better...

Stuffed chicken (involtini?) with pan sauce. I used the below recipe except I didn't have mushrooms, fontina or spinach so it was mushrooms, gruyere and prosciutto. The sauce was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ffLzswFD84

Sous Vide Teriyaki Steak with roasted Brussels sprouts. It was the second time I did sous vide and I boiled it a little too long (no circulator machine) but was still very good:

Beef Shepard's Pie (I will not call it cottage pie because the first person to correct me on that technicality was very condescending and douchy about it). I had some leftover mashed potato (made with shallot, chive and peppercorn-infused cream) and an extra leek threw it together and turned out great:

Finally, this was what we had last night. Pork and beef meatballs with cherry tomato broth, and arugula salad with prosciutto panko breadcrumbs. Yeah, we put the salad in the broth somehow it works. Both are Alison Roman recipes from her Nothing Fancy book, here are online copies:
https://www.nigella.com/recipes/guests/alison-romans-spicy-pork-meatballs-in-brothy-tomatoes-and-toasted-fennel
https://www.houseandgarden.co.uk/recipe/escarole-salad-recipe (sub in arugula and prosciutto)

This last meal was a lot of work but very good, gonna be hard to top it for Mother's Day.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Shepherd. :colbert:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wrex. :geno:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I did Ethan Chlebowski's Chipotle bowl (i wish i had actually put it in a bowl)

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Banh mi for lunch

Freshly baked bread
Mayo
Sriracha
Jalapenos
Cilantro
Cucumbers
Pickled carrot and daikon
Fried cha lua
Homemade chicken pate

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Human Tornada posted:

Banh mi for lunch

Freshly baked bread
Mayo
Sriracha
Jalapenos
Cilantro
Cucumbers
Pickled carrot and daikon
Fried cha lua
Homemade chicken pate

gently caress me uppppp

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

"Truck stop" chili-cheese enchiladas for lunch my brothers

Could have been sloppier but I have to drive to the airport in a couple hours and didn't want to overdo it

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Human Tornada posted:

"Truck stop" chili-cheese enchiladas for lunch my brothers

Could have been sloppier but I have to drive to the airport in a couple hours and didn't want to overdo it

"didn't want to overdo it", Goon's about to gas an entire airplane with their lunch, and they "didn't want to overdo it". =P

Looks delicious, would annihilate.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I kinda want to see what overdoing it looks like now

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah well the joke's on you guys, there's no beans in the chili, that's Greek yogurt not sour cream, and I'm only doing an airport-pickup not boarding a flight.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah well the joke's on you guys, there's no beans in the chili, that's Greek yogurt not sour cream, and I'm only doing an airport-pickup not boarding a flight.

Screw that, it looks delicious. Pickled jalapeños are kryptonite and every dish that appropriately has them gains in comparison.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Messed up and got corned beef with my grocery order this was my first time making pastrami. Will 100% do his again.

Rubens were fantastic too. Basically followed joshua weissman recipe.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

scrimp

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
People still drink Zombies? Awesome.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Chickpeas and Grilled Halloumi with basmatti (if you want to par-tay). Next time spicier...

Chef John's Spatchcocked honey mustard Chicken and Honey Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Relish. This is a favorite meal of ours, there's never enough chicken sauce though every time I want to make it I mean to add more marinade ingredients so it goes further... chicken honey mustard gravy on mashed potatoes is surprisingly good.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/279544/honey-mustard-roast-chicken/
https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/3741285032/honey-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-harissa-and-lemon-relish/

Hollandaise on quinoa and roasted asparagus with dill-rubbed salmon. Gotta keep practicing that hollandaise...

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Those are three amazing meals, great job!

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
Been on a pasta kick after my wife got https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/An_A_Z_of_Pasta/CqXHDwAAQBAJ?hl=en&gbpv=0 for her birthday.

The secret seems to be fancy olive oil, & 3x as much as I would normally expect. Recipes are great, super simple & delicious.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Feeling octopus tonight…

Grilled octopus and lettuce salad with sliced radishes and a simple vinaigrette.

Original plan was to have the octopus over a cold fennel salad but I couldn’t find any fresh fennel after checking two stores. So I went with grilled lettuce. Never had grilled lettuce before, and honestly not hating it. The radishes really tie the whole plate together. Would make again.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Meal prep this week. Spam musubi, edamame and spicy cucumber salad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

sterster posted:

Meal prep this week. Spam musubi, edamame and spicy cucumber salad.

Is the rice ok three days later?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

Is the rice ok three days later?

It was acceptable. That's how most meal preps end up. The parts that were covered by the nori wrap were better. the edges that were exposed were not too bad. Additionally, this is sushi rice. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. Lastly, these are in air tight containers with other elements that had moisture so it wasn't crunch like that 3 or 4 day old fried rice from your drunken order at Ginger Zing from Saturday night.

The nori didn't hold up. Especially after it was heated up. I was fine with the Spam Musubi as a whole. Probably would change up both the edamame and spicy cucumber salad. They both were pretty bland and boring.

sterster fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 2, 2023

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Fried potatoes, chorizo, vine tomatoes and egg.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That would be a glorious breakfast. Perfect.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Turned this home grown golden boys. Into a grilled chicken and beets, mixed green salad with some orange supremes, candied pecans, goat cheese, drizzle of honey, and topped with some micro greens, dressing is balsamic and olive oil.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
http://goonswithspoons.com/BBQ_Chicken_Salad

Tried this out years ago and really like it; it’s a nice combo of flavor/texture. Skipped the candied pecans tonight but they are definitely the secret ingredient.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

devmd01 posted:

http://goonswithspoons.com/BBQ_Chicken_Salad

Tried this out years ago and really like it; it’s a nice combo of flavor/texture. Skipped the candied pecans tonight but they are definitely the secret ingredient.

I love bowties. My favorite for a pasta salad using bagged coleslaw mix. Gonna have to try it with cooked chicken.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This is what I'm eating tonight

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
A few recent dinners foods:

nazutul
Jul 12, 2006
Lemme tell you something, boy

fr0id posted:

Matty Mattheson Italian sub. Ignore kids food in the background.

Vaguely reminiscent of a muffaletta. Looks tremendous.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

nazutul posted:

Vaguely reminiscent of a muffaletta. Looks tremendous.

Got the meat sliced too thickly but yeah. Cured meats and an acidic veg salad are basically it. Italian also adds some particular herbs and some more pickled peppers for a more spicy kick.

Edit: the thick dark green bits are some roughly chopped pickled jalapeños but yeah they look like olives.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

Beer steamed shrimp with Old Bay for lunch

and then some pizza for the big dog for dinner

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Cacio e pepe alla spaghetti.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Soup based on this Serious Eats recipe: https://www.seriouseats.com/thick-creamy-tomato-soup-recipe

Sandwich griddled with a mix of softened salted butter, mayo, and dijon with a cheese filling from Chef Steps using Tillimook cheddar, Emmentaler, and Gouda: https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/melty-cheese-slices The picture is pretty, but the added moisture from the mayonnaise and dijon means the bread doesn't quite crisp up as it browns.

I did go off recipe from the Chef Steps method. They have you sous-vide the milk solution with cubed cheese. I simply heat the milk solution in a saucepan on the stove and mix in the food processer shredded cheese in batches like I was making a Mornay sauce. It took maybe 8 minutes total to get a homogenous cheese mixture.

Ginger Beer Belly fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 29, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I called this tekkadon for lack of a better term. Basically just some cucumber and crab* in spicy mayo on sushi rice. Nori for garnish and some toasted sesame seeds and shichimi togsrashi.

I like sushi but I suck at making rolls and this scratched the itch.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Had a friend around, did lychee pork on sizzling rice (note:contains no lychee), sichuan shredded potatos, hand torn stir fried cabbage

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Ottolenghi's mango-tomato salad with herb oil and black sesame seeds. Insanely good salad, will dream about this.

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

a dozen swans posted:

Ottolenghi's mango-tomato salad with herb oil and black sesame seeds. Insanely good salad, will dream about this.

That does look insanely good!
The only recipe clowe to this that I can find is one with ngella seeds instead of black sesame seeds.
Is it the same recipe that you used, with a white misodressing? https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...otam-ottolenghi
Will be giving it a go anyway, it looks and sounds very tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I called this tekkadon for lack of a better term. Basically just some cucumber and crab* in spicy mayo on sushi rice. Nori for garnish and some toasted sesame seeds and shichimi togsrashi.

I like sushi but I suck at making rolls and this scratched the itch.

It's just deconstructed! Looks good to me!

I've been getting food from Foodbanks and there's always frozen drumsticks left over from grocery store donations because people get the breasts first. I made Korean Yangnyeom Chicken because I didn't have eggs or buttermilk to make a more American version, this turned out way better!

https://www.joshuaweissman.com/post/korean-fried-chicken-vs-american-fried-chicken

Also free romaine + free bread + leftover chicken + pantry = Chicken Caesar with fresh dressing and fresh croutons!

And just a kind of random carrots and Quinoa with a stuffed chicken breast, kinda cleaning out the fridge. That's a little bed of tahini. Please excuse the pan in the background.