Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JNCO BILOBA

hark posted:

whoa weird someone JUST showed me this band yesterday night. did they appear somewhere pretty public/popular? or is this just a neat coincidence?

I caught their KEXP and was blown away.

unrelated, chocolate hummus is just lovely mousse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

KEXP is good.

AI (Iin the way it's being used by most people) is bad IMHO.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah I don't really want to see or interact with AI generated images or text. Not here for it, don't want it. It's not for me.

What I am here for: this cat laying on my shoulder.

Escape From Noise

People keep bringing up AI beer to me. What is that? An AI generated recipe? Who gives a poo poo? Without a bunch of parameters put in it's just vague guidelines at best. An AI can't directly control procedures without a ton of automation which isn't going to be useful or cost effective at our current volume or probably even at the scale of a macro producer and even if it was it wouldn't be worth the risks. Sure, macros suck but they do not want to gently caress with the formula. A lot of places like that still maintain outdated equipment and methods out of concern that a change to the formula will alter the product and lose them customers.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

went to the once-in-a-blue-moon club event some people i know put on centered on drum and bass, uk garage, oldschool dubstep, and similar music and it’s always such a good time. it does make me miss the music scene in tokyo quite a bit tho

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

hark

I'm sleep

watho posted:

went to the once-in-a-blue-moon club event some people i know put on centered on drum and bass, uk garage, oldschool dubstep, and similar music and it’s always such a good time. it does make me miss the music scene in tokyo quite a bit tho

hell yeah. I once ran sound for Goth Trad and it was an insane time. I've never been to Japan but I'd really like to check it out some day.

ChubbyChecker

Escape From Noise

I miss the old Osaka noise scene.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm at my parents' house. Making frybread and ndn tacos. Cooking bison but tinga, so deadly.

Khanstant
THEY SHOULD CAL LHIM JOHN LEMON INSTEAD BECAUSE HE IN THIS JOKE BECAME A USED CAR SALESMAN WHO ONLY SELLS VW BUGS

B33rChiller

Randy Travesty posted:

I'm at my parents' house. Making frybread and ndn tacos. Cooking bison but tinga, so deadly.
Superior beef!?
Hell yeah!

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I'm being evicted in 30 days.

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Old photo of Kacie being silly

Ass-penny

vs you know what you are going to do when that happens?

Manifisto

Viginti Septem posted:

I'm being evicted in 30 days.

:sympathy: that really sucks, sorry friend. is there anything we can do to help you land somewhere else smoothly?

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Let me walk that statement back just a tad. Did more talking with roommates and landlord.

Plus just landed a job at the Asian market and have another interview at a gas station tomorrow. We've negotiated a bit on the 30 days, but I have to hand over a lot of cash in 30 days or else.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Yo. Check this out

https://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/index.htm

I just spent part of my day off re-lacing all the (way too many for one man) shoes I own. So either thank you Ian or f*ck you Ian time will tell.

It's clearly a work of love because while he quietly solicits small donations he writes that he worked 60 hour weeks on this niche subject l, making it difficult to contributed the the household, there are no ads and I think we should appreciate this sacrifice.

B33rChiller

Bright Bart posted:

there are no ads
Interesting website, but not quite. Your ad blocker is working though.

Dr. Honked posted:

Billa

The Emperor protects.

Viginti Septem posted:

Let me walk that statement back just a tad. Did more talking with roommates and landlord.

Plus just landed a job at the Asian market and have another interview at a gas station tomorrow. We've negotiated a bit on the 30 days, but I have to hand over a lot of cash in 30 days or else.

Congrats on the job man! You deserve it 100%!

Ass-penny

I hope this job works out for you vs

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Robot Made of Meat

Great. I'm dead now. I hope you're happy!

OK, I'm not actually dead, but I still hope that you're happy because that's the byob way.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Goons Are Gifts

hope everyone had a good weekend and is off to an even better week!

Finger Prince

Goatse and Gallant posted:

hope everyone had a good weekend and is off to an even better week!

I'm at work and it's poo poo.
:thumbsup:

nesamdoom

nesaM kiled Masen

I took my kid to this place with a bunch of bouncy things. Watched him go nuts and jump on/off a bunch of things. The highlight was a bouncy red ball thing like Wipeout. He crashed a bellyflop onto the first one and bounce/rolled off the side and I laughed so hard I forgot I'm supposed to show concern. It was all air inflated stuff so there wasn't real danger. I also learned that he will launch himself right off stuff if I say it's ok.

B33rChiller

nesamdoom posted:

I took my kid to this place with a bunch of bouncy things. Watched him go nuts and jump on/off a bunch of things. The highlight was a bouncy red ball thing like Wipeout. He crashed a bellyflop onto the first one and bounce/rolled off the side and I laughed so hard I forgot I'm supposed to show concern. It was all air inflated stuff so there wasn't real danger. I also learned that he will launch himself right off stuff if I say it's ok.

Winning

Dr. Honked posted:

Ass-penny

hey byob I had a pretty good day today even if I did nothing productive :hehe:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

hark

I'm sleep
good evening good evening I am extremely filled with delicious food and I can't move. hope y'all are having a great weekend so far!

Robot Made of Meat

rear end-penny posted:

hey byob I had a pretty good day today even if because I did nothing productive :hehe:

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

nesamdoom posted:

I once did a thing like that for adults but in order to make it for adults they pretend it's about exercise so they mix the fun things up with like 5km of run/walking and a time limit.

To which I say, why aren't adults allowed to just have fun events for fun's sake (except drinking for some reason). Maybe we should be putting a legal lower age limit on various other sorts of fun so that society will think of them as adult activities.

hark

I'm sleep
when I was a kid, there was a place called discovery zone and it was amazing and there were always adults in it as well as kids.

I wish they still existed because I'd go to one RIGHT now

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
it's monday and I have thr day off. posting from bed right now :stoked:

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Billa

The Emperor protects.
Goooood morning byob! Greetings from sunny Spain! May you have a great week!

hark

I'm sleep
I also am off work today AND tomorrow, so a wonderful morning to all the goons out there!

2Fast2Nutricious

im sorry to say but my work? yeah, its not great. its just me silently going "thats not how that works!! thats not how anything works!!"

but on the other hand they dont give a fl*p about my productivity so I can do whatever :cool: actually thats not fun either!! argh

Ass-penny

not dead yet posted:

im sorry to say but my work? yeah, its not great. its just me silently going "thats not how that works!! thats not how anything works!!"

but on the other hand they dont give a fl*p about my productivity so I can do whatever :cool: actually thats not fun either!! argh

I will pray for you in these trying times my orb :pray:

Billa

The Emperor protects.
I'm prematurely retired and I can't work no more. Tbh I don't miss it.

Ass-penny

it might be unbyob but when I hear about about elderly people "not knowing what to do with themselves if they retired," I get a little mad. is this what success looks like in our work culture? to have your own interests and motivations taken away from you, and cease to be something other than your profession?

hark

I'm sleep

rear end-penny posted:

it might be unbyob but when I hear about about elderly people "not knowing what to do with themselves if they retired," I get a little mad. is this what success looks like in our work culture? to have your own interests and motivations taken away from you, and cease to be something other than your profession?

in the case of my mid 60's mother, I don't know that she ever really got the chance to develop any kind of hobbies or interests. she was always working too much since she was 16 and still in highschool, and in the little bits of time she had off, all she could muster up the energy to do was plop down in front of the TV or shop for things she doesn't need so she can get that sweet dopamine hit. it's kind of sad. she's retired now and all she does is play stupid mobile games on a tablet I got her (I now regret this purchase because I feel like I'm contributing to her time being wasted)

Billa

The Emperor protects.

rear end-penny posted:

Well, from a retired man I can tell you I spend most of my morning doing groceries, psychotherapy and then post in BYOB and play WoW in the afternoon. And I'm happy with it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

hark posted:

in the case of my mid 60's mother, I don't know that she ever really got the chance to develop any kind of hobbies or interests. she was always working too much since she was 16 and still in highschool, and in the little bits of time she had off, all she could muster up the energy to do was plop down in front of the TV or shop for things she doesn't need so she can get that sweet dopamine hit. it's kind of sad. she's retired now and all she does is play stupid mobile games on a tablet I got her (I now regret this purchase because I feel like I'm contributing to her time being wasted)

It sounds like her hobby is playing mobile games and in what way is she wasting her time? It's hers now, at last, and she can do as she pleases.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean