Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I actually unlocked my account and started posting again for the first time since Elon bought it. It's fun to play in the End Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The NLRB has found that noncompetes (but, importantly, not NDAs) are largely unenforceable for non-management employees across the US.

Obviously, there’s more hoops to jump through without the backing of a state legislature, but for most folks who aren’t the figurehead of a billionaire’s vanity project, there’s nothing to worry about.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Me with limited Spanish: Mejor... I'm guessing that's related to major, or best... Amigo del Hombre... is a dog nvolved here?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

The hand of dog

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dimdenEFF/status/1675234201866493952

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/old-twitter-layout-2023/jgejdcdoeeabklepnkdbglgccjpdgpmf

Apparently, this both bypasses the rate limit and performs much better than the official layout.

https://twitter.com/dimdenEFF/status/1675243160778178561

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That addon breaks viewing tweets on someones profile which is still a hell of a lot better than Elon and his entire team has managed to do with the website. It's a reported on github too so there is a reasonable chance it gets fixed in a timely manner too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
anime expo going well
https://twitter.com/JojoExotic3_/status/1675496598229463047

edit: lol
https://twitter.com/Alpharad/status/1672704964689371136

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

He’s got 473 posts because he doesn’t have friends or family that are willing to see him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jesus christ that's a stampede weighting to happen

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

$5 on their being a bunch of stairs around that no one was fit enough to walk up.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Inceltown posted:

$5 on their being a bunch of stairs around that no one was fit enough to walk up.

The escalator broke, so...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Anticheese posted:

The escalator broke, so...

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Jesus christ that's a stampede weighting to happen

Especially if they announce a new Trigun series

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

poo poo. Stay safe anime people. I hope that building was competently engineered, too, since it is way over its occupancy limit.

I’d like to send that video to a fire marshal and see their reaction

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The hand of dog

Lol

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Am I the only one who spends a lot of time on Twitter but has not noticed any functional difference since Musk took over?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Horace posted:

Am I the only one who spends a lot of time on Twitter but has not noticed any functional difference since Musk took over?

Yes, you’re the only one

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Horace posted:

I mean I haven't noticed too much "functional" difference beyond the recent limited tweet fiasco, and even that didn't affect the app on my iPad. But the content sure is different. A lot of my favorite accounts (mostly comedians) left months ago. And the sponsored ads are absolutely dire. And I used to enjoy reading top replies on occasion and now that's gone out the window as all the top replies are blue check morons.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MokBa posted:

I mean I haven't noticed too much "functional" difference beyond the recent limited tweet fiasco, and even that didn't affect the app on my iPad. But the content sure is different. A lot of my favorite accounts (mostly comedians) left months ago. And the sponsored ads are absolutely dire. And I used to enjoy reading top replies on occasion and now that's gone out the window as all the top replies are blue check morons.
That last one is absolutely a functional difference.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is a whole bunch of people you follow panic posting their instagram/bluesky handles while pretending they don't care if the platform they post 1000 a day on goes down and "it would be good, actually" every time their timeline hitches a "functional difference"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Horace posted:

Dark mode is broken. I still see embedded tweets in dark mode but the website shows everything in light mode.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Milo and POTUS posted:

The hand of dog

:golfclap:

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

MokBa posted:

I'll give you that - the blue check reply thing is absolutely a functional difference for the worse.

I like the sponsored ads though. They used to be boring poo poo like McDonalds and Sky Sports, now the ad I get the most is for an extendable baton with community notes saying that it's illegal and you'll go to prison if caught with it.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1675709221109743616
https://twitter.com/buitengebieden/status/1675584367614361601
https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1675629244162928640
https://twitter.com/Coolstoryhansl/status/1675725611413929984

LASER BEAM DREAM has a new favorite as of 14:46 on Jul 3, 2023

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Horace posted:

Hey everybody we got catturd over here

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

Hey everybody we got catturd over here

That's not fair, Catturd noticed Twitter was functionally worse and went complaining to Elon

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Maybe Elon will take a one-way rocket trip soon. I know he’s all in his feelings about almost everyone on the internet pointing out what a stupid piece of poo poo he is.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

freeedr posted:

Maybe Elon will take a one-way rocket trip soon. I know he’s all in his feelings about almost everyone on the internet pointing out what a stupid piece of poo poo he is.

Elon hasn’t been to space

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

He should be frequently reminded of this fact in a very condescending manner until he decides to correct that.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I haven't been to space either

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Blue Moonlight posted:

The NLRB has found that noncompetes (but, importantly, not NDAs) are largely unenforceable for non-management employees across the US.

Obviously, there’s more hoops to jump through without the backing of a state legislature, but for most folks who aren’t the figurehead of a billionaire’s vanity project, there’s nothing to worry about.

All non-competes are unenforceable in Minnesota starting August 1st. poo poo from the supreme Court is shakey these days and it's nice to have state laws to back up long held federal beliefs since the supreme court is so keen to flip things on their head.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Are you selling people trips to space?

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Think yourself quite the Elon Musk, eh?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’m aware, and hoping it changes soon and permanently

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

freeedr posted:

I’m aware

Many people obviously aren’t, though, so I feel it bears repeating

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

That last one is absolutely a functional difference.

Yeah I think I mixed up functional and technical. I'm just amazed the site is still running at all, which is a testament to the old staff and what they were able to accomplish. Won't be long now though!

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

projecthalaxy posted:

haha loser

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

everything is in space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Horace posted:

I'll give you that - the blue check reply thing is absolutely a functional difference for the worse.

I like the sponsored ads though. They used to be boring poo poo like McDonalds and Sky Sports, now the ad I get the most is for an extendable baton with community notes saying that it's illegal and you'll go to prison if caught with it.

for the last week my sponsored ad's have almost exclusively for this game with the image changing on the gradient of "plausible deniability horny" to "overtly horny"