Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

A carbon steel or cast iron pan needing to be seasoned is 100% true, the “can’t wash it or it’s ruined and you go to chef’s hell” is 100% false. The seasoning process is an actual chemical reaction and if you do it right soap won’t do anything to it. Thread Patron Saint Kenji Lopez-Alt did a blog about it on Serious Eats I think, and mentions it in a few of his videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

CannonFodder posted:

A life without garlic is not a life worth living

:hmmyes:

My sister-in-law developed a sort of allergy to onions and garlic in her early 30s. It sounds like a living hell.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Besmirching the future savior of Nebraska. And then Penn State.
Please god no

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm trying to work up the interest to watch Secret Invasion on Disney+ but I'm at the point I'm lazily flipping thru cable TV between The Rise of Skywalker, Gangs of New York, and Basic Instinct.

Am I really missing anything by not catching Secret Invasion? All I know about it is people really hate the opening credits intro as it's using AI-generated imaging.

Let it be known that my interest level is so low I'd rather watch The Rise of Skywalker instead of starting Secret Invasion.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

All caught up on Gemstones, succession, Barry, what we do in the shadows, our flag means death, and Bear? Oh yeah Beef was awesome

Bummed Hulu got rid of Future Man,
really got into it and was in the middle of S2 and bloop gone

Marathoning Blue Mountain State right now again, starting with season 2 when Thad really comes into his own on the show.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Jul 3, 2023

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Spent the weekend seeing a bunch of reunited punk bands, so that was fun. Bratmobile, Le Tigre, Mika Miko, Gravy Train, and ESG. All good poo poo, thanks John Waters. Now I fly home at 6 AM and see if my basement flooded from the downpour in Chicago.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm watching TOS

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That Old poo poo?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tivinity: Original Sin

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Finally got to listen to the new Avenged Sevenfold album. Took away two things -

1. they're now where Metallica was in the 90s and 2000s where they're getting older, less hard and more artistic, so expect a snap back to craziness some time in the 30s, and
2. that time Mike Portnoy spent with Avenged Sevenfold really rubbed off. Basically this new album's the Dream Theater album that Dream Theater themselves is unwilling to make. Just good stuff.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Hello good morning I am dying RIPme

I made it to halfway through the very last workout, still RIP me tho

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Only five burpees? How big is this lot?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Some day they should write up an "I Think You Should Leave" inspired workout.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

My 3 year old is sick. Lots of wake ups and asks for snuggles throughout the night.

Dosed her with Tylenol at 5am and went to ride the stationary bike rather than try to sleep for 45 mins. Feeling proud of sticking to my routine even with a lovely night of sleep beyond my control

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Only five burpees? How big is this lot?

It’s really 40 burpees because of the timing but the lot is probably 200m I would guess?

There’s no break you’re just railing through all of this as many times as you can in 40 min. Only a couple people started over and I was not one of them.

E: they changed the “40 min cap” to “40 min AMRAP” between classes so it was less confusing.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jul 3, 2023

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s really 40 burpees because of the timing but the lot is probably 200m I would guess?

There’s no break you’re just railing through all of this as many times as you can in 40 min. Only a couple people started over and I was not one of them.

E: they changed the “40 min cap” to “40 min AMRAP” between classes so it was less confusing.

I have been running competitively for half of my life and five burpees is much easier and faster than a 200m run, even if I'm doing it every five minutes.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s great, and in a vacuum sure, but when you’re doing all that other poo poo neither are as easy. At least not for me anyway. I was happy I got through as much as I did.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It’s been almost exactly a year since I had to put down my old lady cat. I was at a party this weekend and a stray kitten found me. Very emotional couple days. This is Charlie :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Beautiful catte

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pops Mgee posted:

It’s been almost exactly a year since I had to put down my old lady cat. I was at a party this weekend and a stray kitten found me. Very emotional couple days. This is Charlie :3:

From the location and angle - you were sitting on the toilet weren’t you

That’s a cute cat

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

Charlie can brutally claw my skin while I try to pet him whenever he wants.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pops Mgee posted:

I will kill if it makes Charlie happy :3:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Joey Freshwater posted:

From the location and angle - you were sitting on the toilet weren’t you

That’s a cute cat

I wasn’t using it. Bathroom was the easiest place to keep him until the dog and other cat are ready to meet him.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pops Mgee posted:

omg his ears :3:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Pops Mgee posted:

Charlie is cute. Charlie is gonna get bigger judging by those perfect precious ears and big paws

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What’s everyone’s plans for the 4th?

I’m having some people over and going to do ribs on the smoker (for the first time). Making collards and I got a bourbon pecan pie to go along with it

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Joey Freshwater posted:

What’s everyone’s plans for the 4th?

I’m having some people over and going to do ribs on the smoker (for the first time). Making collards and I got a bourbon pecan pie to go along with it

Pool time, tri tip, dips, desserts with my family and my brother's. Going to be chill.

My wife wanted to got to a minor league baseball game to be able to see fireworks after that just didn't sound fun. Too hot, too crowded and just kinda stuck.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
that’s a qt kitty

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Going to the beach to watch and heckle a beer-mile race, then play some CanJam or beersbie.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I am pretending to work at the lake house until it's too warm to not be swimming and having a beer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ortho trauma :toot:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Pops Mgee posted:

I wanna touch his poofy ears and fall for the belly trap.

I'm in Vancouver (the good one) with friends for a few days so we're going to Stanley Park today and a few other spots. We hit up the night market last night and a+, totally worth it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Pool and grilling then a minor league baseball game and fireworks.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Well hello kitteh!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Whats the O/U on fingers lost in the next 48 hours?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

I’m on duty today and prepared for full-bore shenanigans because I’m fairly certain most of these folks out here in the country turned this into a 10day weekend.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

football goon doctors

I got sick like two weeks ago. Basic cold symptoms: stuffy, achy, but with a very sore throat that included swollen tonsils and white spots, mostly dry cough. No fever though. I used to get strep as a kid and I always got a fever and no cough. So I tested for covid and it was negative. It's taken like 10+ days but the sore throat is subsiding, no white spots the last three days, I feel better, so I figured I'm on the upswing... but now I've got sinus pressure and pain, mostly under my right eye and above the top right molars in my mouth. This is like day three or four. It responds OK to medication like dayquil or sudafed but the pain is back whenever that stuff wears off. There's no discharge, green or otherwise, although I'm still a bit congested (but I've been a bit congested constantly since January, which is probably just my allergies have gotten worse over time).

The question is do I keep just taking sudafed and wait it out or do I need a doctor? Can you get a sinus infection with no discharge and no fever?

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

For some reason I immediately had the mental image of someone stabbed with a Dr Scholl's insert.

Kind of related, sounds like people in the neighborhood have started getting into the tannerite.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

swickles posted:

Less than fingats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

football goon doctors

I got sick like two weeks ago. Basic cold symptoms: stuffy, achy, but with a very sore throat that included swollen tonsils and white spots, mostly dry cough. No fever though. I used to get strep as a kid and I always got a fever and no cough. So I tested for covid and it was negative. It's taken like 10+ days but the sore throat is subsiding, no white spots the last three days, I feel better, so I figured I'm on the upswing... but now I've got sinus pressure and pain, mostly under my right eye and above the top right molars in my mouth. This is like day three or four. It responds OK to medication like dayquil or sudafed but the pain is back whenever that stuff wears off. There's no discharge, green or otherwise, although I'm still a bit congested (but I've been a bit congested constantly since January, which is probably just my allergies have gotten worse over time).

The question is do I keep just taking sudafed and wait it out or do I need a doctor? Can you get a sinus infection with no discharge and no fever?

I would at least run to an urgent care. While antibiotics are overprescribed, there is actually a good reason (sometimes) to get a Z-pack when you have the common cold. If you are prone to sinus infections, its pretty good at preventing them. Stasis of air (from congested or inflamed nasal passages) is a great way to turn a cold into a sinus infection. This may be what has happened to you. And you do not need nasal discharge for it be present. Most sinus secretions simply go down the back of your throat without you noticing it. I would keep taking sudafed (the honest to god meth making kind, not the phenylephrine) until you can see someone.

The other possibility is a dental abscess, which often presents how you are describing. Do you have a dental history of them or cavities? You would see some swelling too usually, and your breath would be real rank. Either way, both of these do not go away on their own and are going to get worse before they get better, so head to the doctor.