Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

probably not great that one day into the new cba people are demanding to go to LA and Miami still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I’m so over this dogshit team

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

and the one guy who requested a trade 2 years ago is still on the roster.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

and the one guy who requested a trade 2 years ago is still on the roster.

Nick Nurse is going to finally unlock Korkmaz, just wait

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kork needs lots and lots of PT to be any good

the probably is the last time he got lots of PT he shot like 25% from 3

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

J aden Springer on his first practice with new Sixers coach Nick Nurse: “[He was] stopping drills and stepping in and giving us points on what to do here and there. I haven’t seen that too much since I’ve been in the league”

lmao

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

J aden Springer on his first practice with new Sixers coach Nick Nurse: “[He was] stopping drills and stepping in and giving us points on what to do here and there. I haven’t seen that too much since I’ve been in the league”

lmao

incredible

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah I just sorta assumed that Doc spent practice napping under the bleachers while the assistants ran things.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Azathoth posted:

Yeah I just sorta assumed that Doc spent practice napping under the bleachers while the assistants ran things.

more femboys lined up to his office than a Starbucks rush

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

skipmyseashells posted:

more femboys lined up to his office than a Starbucks rush

nothing wrong with that

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

According to Haynes (via Twitter) the Heat and Nets are the preferred landing spots for the former No. 6 overall pick. Vincent Goodwill of Yahoo Sports adds (via Twitter) that no other teams – including the Sixers – are on Lillard’s wish list for now, though Shelburne (Twitter link) adds that he has a “deep respect” for the Spurs.

finally getting a superstar might be just what the nets need to win the title

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

euphronius posted:

lmao

lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Maybe if the flyers and sixers just do a freaky Friday roster swap the teams can be good? Worth a try imo

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

euphronius posted:

lmao

That's really funny

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I liked Houston getting Dillon Brooks way less than FVV but I just learned that teams can't enter the season below the salary cap as per the newest agreement with the players' union, so I guess they had to use the rest of that cap room on somebody

Players' union is good for keeping the NBA competitive and preventing bottom feeder teams for the most part. I like FVV/Green/Brooks/Smith Jr./Sengun as a starting five with Eason/Landale/Amen Thompson/Cam Whitmore off the bench. Plus they still have Kevin Porter Jr. left to trade so they could be a competitive team when all is said and done

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 10:51 on Jul 2, 2023

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I really want Simmons to be right about his proposed Lillard for Towns trade. Opportunity for both teams to be really fun

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

it’s pretty ballsy for dame to pick one team to go to

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
lol that Dallas is going to try and lock in Irving for 3 years at an outrageous $126 MILLION contract
I wonder how that is going to work out for them

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.
I think Golden State is making a bad deal with Green for what they are offering him, because that completely destroys them signing a bunch of supporting players... but they need Green.
So they are basically going to lose a poo poo ton of talent to keep Green, and their solution is Chris Paul? I gotta see how this works for them too, lmao.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am not going to defend kyrie

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

euphronius posted:

I am not going to defend kyrie

He's a hell of a baller but everything else is lol

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Pohl posted:

I think Golden State is making a bad deal with Green for what they are offering him, because that completely destroys them signing a bunch of supporting players... but they need Green.
So they are basically going to lose a poo poo ton of talent to keep Green, and their solution is Chris Paul? I gotta see how this works for them too, lmao.

golden state got a white kid from wisconsin who transferred to santa clara. podziemski, numbers say he can shoot so maybe the rookie can replace poole with off-ball bench minutes.

personally i think they should call alen smailagić, he shot 50% as back-up center for partizan belgrade, does he want a million bucks? does golden state have room for that? i am not a creative roster builder and it seems like half of these moves are resigns and extensions anyway.

we up kuminga's minutes and pray young glove stays healthy. running it back. sacramento still look more interesting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

with respect to the big numbers this weekend , the cap is probably going to be 200 million in 5 years

I don’t think teams are too worried

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TDepressionEarl posted:

golden state got a white kid from wisconsin who transferred to santa clara. podziemski, numbers say he can shoot so maybe the rookie can replace poole with off-ball bench minutes.

personally i think they should call alen smailagić, he shot 50% as back-up center for partizan belgrade, does he want a million bucks? does golden state have room for that? i am not a creative roster builder and it seems like half of these moves are resigns and extensions anyway.

we up kuminga's minutes and pray young glove stays healthy. running it back. sacramento still look more interesting.

nah man Chris Paul is getting all of Poole's minutes, they are obviously looking at building a better second squad with Chris Paul as the leader, and then Paul can finish off the game in the 4th passing to Curry and Thompson. The question is, will there be enough defense? This is where Kuminga comes in. With Kuminga and young glove and Thompson (can he still play elite defense), can Green still play good defense???? That is where the story goes. It is going to be interesting. And they are betting that limiting Paul's minutes means he won't be injured when they need him.

Here we loving go.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if Wiggins is back 100% you should be fine . he’s the key

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Pohl posted:

Chris Paul is getting all of Poole's minutes, t

And they are betting that limiting Paul's minutes means he won't be injured when they need him.

Here we loving go.

yeah there's a tension there that can be solved with

euphronius posted:

:yeah:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

:sickos:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

I'm scared of GSW with CP3 taking Poole's minutes because their defense should be so much better next season. Passing goes without saying. Curry/CP3/Looney/Green moving the ball will be something to watch

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Pohl posted:

lol that Dallas is going to try and lock in Irving for 3 years at an outrageous $126 MILLION contract
I wonder how that is going to work out for them

They kind of have to because they took a team with Brunson, Porzingis, and several other valuable pieces surrounding Luka and gave it all up for Kyrie and Christian Wood lmao

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

euphronius posted:

I tend to agree with this

The thing with GS right now is you know what you have, and Paul is just there to stop the incredible bleeding that started every time Curry was off the floor. I don't know if what they've got has another title in them but they are competitive as built.

I feel like just in the west Sacramento looks hungrier and seems only a piece or two away from being deadly and of course all the superteams with enough talent when healthy to give them trouble.

Honestly the organization paying Thompson and Green on the back end is a lot more than I expected from them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sacramento will always be a paper tiger with Sabonis

Dame for Kat makes so much sense. it should happen

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

If it is that trade straight up, I can get behind it. It'll never happen, but I could see it working.

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

euphronius posted:

Sacramento will always be a paper tiger with Sabonis

Dame for Kat makes so much sense. it should happen

Sabonis will always be a poor man's Jokic and that's okay. Jokic is one of the greatest players of all time so Sabonis can be a top 15-20 player consistently. Fox has a higher ceiling though

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 16:59 on Jul 3, 2023

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Found a very funny Kendrick Perkins highlight reel https://twitter.com/Un1onIsHere/status/1316206073460658176

This dude and Thabo Sefolosha started over Harden on OKC. Incredible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ken lofton is a big boy

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Sabonis will always be a poor man's Jokic and that's okay. Jokic is one of the greatest players of all time so Sabonis can be a top 15-20 player consistently. Fox has a higher ceiling though

Jokic but scared to take open shots is kinda lovely in its own particular way because it's difficult to be an effective playmaker if the defense can sag off of you and focus on denying shooters and cutters

Maybe he can develop that part of his game though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Also Sabonis is listed at 7' 1" but theres just no loving way. He plays like he's 6' 10".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

chte holgrem sighting

he looks diseased

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Yossarian-22 posted:

poor mans jokic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holmgren looks terrible