Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Has King Idiot addressed his site being utter loving garbage since Saturday, or is he still sulking about being ratioed when everyone told him to Log Off when he told them to touch grass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Elon will start a love affair with Linda, she'll get pregnant and on a Ketamine binge Elon will marry without a prenup.

Linda will be getting all of Twitter on the inevitable divorce

The Kid, Robert'); DROP TABLE users;-- will receive 0 child support

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jesus loving Christ.

trucutru posted:

Having some guy you pissed off throw you down stairs and kick you until you are unconscious. does count as getting training in no rules street-fighting.

I think Elon needs a bit more of that training.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

TulliusCicero posted:

Has King Idiot addressed his site being utter loving garbage since Saturday, or is he still sulking about being ratioed when everyone told him to Log Off when he told them to touch grass?

Twitter CEO Linda Yaccarino has been posting non-stop all weekend to assure the user base that everything is fine.

Just kidding, she hasn't posted since Friday and is probably on vacation and doesn't give a poo poo.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

So this is loving next level hilarity:

I deleted my Twitter years ago, but I try clicking on anyone else's link and I get "Something Went wrong"

When I click on Ebaum it's "Log in to view"

:hmbol:

You can only view HIS TWEETS without issue

Holy gently caress poo poo dude

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Elon will start a love affair with Linda, she'll get pregnant

uuhhhh... Linda Yaccarino is 59 years old.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Elon will find a way,ok.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Djarum posted:

That’s basically what is going to happen. All of the data is sitting in some sort of database. It isn’t exactly trivial but not a massive engineering endeavor to migrate it all. I am sure if you had a team of a dozen folks they could get something functional going in a week or two.

building a site that has to handle serving distributed data to billions of requests does take a bit of work and while I'm sure Twitter's codebase has faults there's probably pretty good reason stuff was so 'bespoke'

but yea I wouldn't doubt it's reasonable to outperform current-day twitter given a dedicated team and a month or so

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Elon will find a way,ok.

I was thinking about that. People like her have a tendency to save their eggs. It is entirely possible for her to have done that and to make a whole gaggle of musk-spawn. God have mercy on us all.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
anyway, here's an absolutely delusional bluecheck tweet
https://twitter.com/farzyness/status/1675308378527240194

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People are way to obsessed with Musk and that CEO loving

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
ignoring that he's lying, what kinda of muskrat space has muskrats not knowing about their god's favorite shitposting site and then he buys it and then they know it?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Polygynous posted:

anyway, here's an absolutely delusional bluecheck tweet
https://twitter.com/farzyness/status/1675308378527240194

this has been posted a few times now and it should be known that this guy is a former Tesla employee and current Musk dickrider

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

kazil posted:

this has been posted a few times now and it should be known that this guy is a former Tesla employee and current Musk dickrider

lol yeah that is the least surprising thing ever

e: maybe i should try finding that thread twitter recommended me a couple weeks ago, or hopefully i dreamed it
apparently an actual twitter employee with the badge talking about all the work they're doing
replies and qt's were pretty much all blue checks, some also twitter, and every one sounded computer generated or, at best, like pod people

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 3, 2023

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Concerning …

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Ignore me!

E the Shaggy fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jul 3, 2023

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

E the Shaggy posted:

Elon: "Everyone must have children! Only those with children should be allowed to vote!"

Also Elon: "My mother is the father of my children now."

https://twitter.com/mayemusk/status/1675782584763047938?s=20
Tosca is Musk's sister and those are her children, not Musk's.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Jelly posted:

Oh never mind then, not up to date on my Musk lore.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the sister sister or the sister stepmom ?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
reinstating aristocracy through infinite vote glitch by being your own grandpa

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jelly posted:

Hey he is BUSY working 22 hour days 7 days a week! He can't be looking after CHILDREN!!

~tweets utter nonsense 700 times per hour~

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
elontax business plan: noads is 2000bux
https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status/1675924098650611742

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

PhazonLink posted:

the sister sister or the sister stepmom ?
Google says real baby sister. He has two siblings from his mother and father and that is one of them.

Was curious as Tosca is a pretty great electronica group. Dorfmeister's second project for anyone familiar. It's apparently a pretty well used named in South Africa but also -
The Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) is an open source language used to describe the relationships and dependencies between services and applications that reside on a cloud computing platform.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

waffle iron posted:

I don't see why any established tech company would want to buy Twitter or any other product that requires a high level of moderation (or moderation policy setting). Pay money to immediately get a lot of negative attention from politicians, pissed off users, and racists.
because even with all its issues twitter is still one of the most visited sites online. not the most visited or anything but its a large captive audience. a lot of legitimate infrastructure of multiple industries runs through it, for whatever reason.

not to mention that anyone buying it off elon and fixing the issues would mostly be hailed as a savior. like whatever weird Free Speech warriors would complain but most normal people would prefer a site that functions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like myspace was passed around from buyer to buyer over a decade after it had any relevancy because it still had something resembling a userbase.

quote:

In June 2011, Specific Media Group and Justin Timberlake jointly purchased the company for approximately $35 million.[16] On February 11, 2016, it was announced that Myspace and its parent company had been purchased by Time Inc. for $87 million.[17][18] Time Inc. was in turn purchased by Meredith Corporation on January 31, 2018.[19] On November 4, 2019, Meredith spun off Myspace and its original holding company (Viant Technology Holding Inc.) and sold it to Viant Technology LLC

you can still, technically, go to myspace dot com. its just a music news/favorite bands listing site now but it still gets nearly twice as many visitors as the site we are currently on right now.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Atoramos posted:

building a site that has to handle serving distributed data to billions of requests does take a bit of work and while I'm sure Twitter's codebase has faults there's probably pretty good reason stuff was so 'bespoke'

but yea I wouldn't doubt it's reasonable to outperform current-day twitter given a dedicated team and a month or so

Well I was just talking about migrating the user data to a new backend/platform. Building the rest of the site is the more difficult engineering/coding problem. Being able to remake Twitter effectively from scratch using a Google/whomever infrastructure would make a much better and faster site since you wouldn't have to remake the wheel for a lot of things. For example Google already have a robust account system and security protocols with it. Being able to slot stuff like that in takes a huge amount of work out of it.

From hearing from former employees the Twitter architecture and stack was a nightmare held together by scotch tape and gum. I am sure it is much worse now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Imagine being a paypig to a Dumb, and not a Domme.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

"The gold checkmarks means it's a business, like Microsoft, McDonalds or MeetKevin"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

We pay $1400/mo for a yellow badge of expensive

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Infinitum posted:

Imagine being a paypig to a Dumb, and not a Domme.

I used to think FinDom was the weirdest subculture the internet had to offer but it's been overtaken handily by "Twitter badge buyers".

At least the lady you're paying to call you an ugly cheap pig is actually talking to you.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

kazil posted:

"The gold checkmarks means it's a business, like Microsoft, McDonalds or MeetKevin"

MeetKevin is a real business he has a website at meetkevin dot com where you can learn to use ai to make money $$$$

Also he has a YouTube channel

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Elon is doing great things with Twitter

https://twitter.com/dreamleaf5/status/1675642506262859776?s=46&t=3szi-xdlN0InSwJoGIUF3g

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know where my advertising dollars are going!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i dont know what that birdposts says fully because of birdsites own crappy cropping, but I assume the 2nd pic say "nwordstomper didnt violate any rules beep boop thank you for using the auto mod bot service"

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

PhazonLink posted:

i dont know what that birdposts says fully because of birdsites own crappy cropping, but I assume the 2nd pic say "nwordstomper didnt violate any rules beep boop thank you for using the auto mod bot service"

Speaking of cropping, was it Twitter that had that scandal some years ago (5+ I think) where the autocropper tool would crop white people properly for thumbnails but crop out black people if they were the main focus of the pictures? Or I think the worse was if there was a black and white dude in it it would crop out the black dude and focus on the white guy?

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/richard_littler/status/1675936193123348507

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Jesus.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Boris Galerkin posted:

MeetKevin is a real business he has a website at meetkevin dot com where you can learn to use ai to make money $$$$

@realMeetKevin

It seems that perhaps there were a lot of problems with fake Meet Kevins?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the important thing is you keep using it so you can commission furry art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is his business model not teaching you how to make friends with guys named Kevin?

I want a Kevin :(.