Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Thanks, I'll keep checking it out. Not sure about the webtoon, that tends to not be my thing, but who knows, this is a very long weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I really enjoyed Batgirls but I would agree that being shackled to fear state at the beginning did it no favors and the villains are largely uninteresting. You're there for the Cass/Steph dynamic

Spoilers for a later arc you can return to I thought the Lazarus event tie in part was even more egregiously bad tbh. felt pretty Marvel in how unnecessary it was for this particular book

E: Wayne family adventures is fantastic

site fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 2, 2023

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I am super behind, but I will also recommend Wayne Family Adventures. It's just delightful.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Batgirls gets better. I think all the Fear State stuff sucked everywhere, honestly.

But I think after the first arc, Batgirls hits its stride and is consistently great.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Batgirls does stumble I think not with the Fear State stuff but focusing more on Babs than Cass and Steph at the start but they right that wrong soon enough.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Still one of my favorite panels in the run

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
In no one saw this coming news:

https://twitter.com/wb_anime/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=
https://twitter.com/MangaMogura/sta...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

trailer

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1675927862245728259?s=20

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Latest issue of Peacemaker Tries Hard is pretty decent.

Kinda wish they'd gotten permission to use Robert Patrick's likeness as it wastes Steve Pugh's great character art.

Towards the end there's a reveal that delighted me as it brings back someone I haven't seen since the All-Star Squadron days..

His parole officer is the Red Bee, the jar of honey should have tipped everyone off..

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Binary Badger posted:

Latest issue of Peacemaker Tries Hard is pretty decent.

Kinda wish they'd gotten permission to use Robert Patrick's likeness as it wastes Steve Pugh's great character art.

Towards the end there's a reveal that delighted me as it brings back someone I haven't seen since the All-Star Squadron days..

His parole officer is the Red Bee, the jar of honey should have tipped everyone off..

I'm really enjoying this mini. It might be hard to pull this kind of thing off in an ongoing, but I will probably want more when this is over. I just love this big dumb idiot.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Steelworks #1 came out on DC Infinite. It was OK. I feel I'm missing some back story.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Really enjoyed Knight Terrors: Joker. That and Poison Ivy seem to have the best premise out of this weeks knight terror stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

Steelworks #1 came out on DC Infinite. It was OK. I feel I'm missing some back story.

Have you been reading the backups in Action Comics?

I did appreciate Lana being in the book, I was one of the few people reading Superwoman and I really enjoyed it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

srypher posted:

Really enjoyed Knight Terrors: Joker. That and Poison Ivy seem to have the best premise out of this weeks knight terror stuff.

I was glad that Bruce called out how overdone the pearls and crime alley stuff is

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Have you been reading the backups in Action Comics?

I did appreciate Lana being in the book, I was one of the few people reading Superwoman and I really enjoyed it.

No

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm going to go back in time and let Alan Grant wrote 2 batman books without having to do crossovers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is Jaime Reyes' family still dead in the comics?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm perpetually behind on comics so bear with me as I'm going to discuss something that's probably been known for a while. I've never liked Green Lantern but I loved Jeremy Adams' run on Flash so I decided to give his Green Lantern a shot solely because he's writing it. I've really liked the first two issues but I get to the end and it says next issue is Knight Terrors Green Lantern #1. Looking into it I see that DC is basically replacing all of their books for two months with this crossover. DC is in the middle of relaunching a bunch of titles, whose bright idea was it to upend these relaunches right off the bat with a dumb crossover? I'm loving a lot of these Dawn of DC books but it just seems like a real momentum killer to do this right now. What even is this crossover about? I'm assuming some of you that are ahead of me have already read some of it. Is it worth interrupting the flow of all these books so early in their runs?

Also I just finished reading DCeased and all of its followups. Goddamn Tom Taylor might be my favorite writer. Never seen a guy just continually taking a concept I was not on board with and just knocking it out of the goddamn park. I actually teared up at the end with Damian and Jon. Tom Taylor is so loving good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Have you read Dark Knights of Steel? If not, please read Dark Knights of Steel. It's another great Tom Taylor Elseworld.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Vandar posted:

Have you read Dark Knights of Steel? If not, please read Dark Knights of Steel. It's another great Tom Taylor Elseworld.

Oh yeah, I love it. He did the Marvel Dark Ages book that was really good too. Give that man a weird concept and he produces gold.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Issue #4 of that new Superboy book sucked. How is the wildcats book? It is only up to issue #3 on infinite so was thinking about catching up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

I'm perpetually behind on comics so bear with me as I'm going to discuss something that's probably been known for a while. I've never liked Green Lantern but I loved Jeremy Adams' run on Flash so I decided to give his Green Lantern a shot solely because he's writing it. I've really liked the first two issues but I get to the end and it says next issue is Knight Terrors Green Lantern #1. Looking into it I see that DC is basically replacing all of their books for two months with this crossover. DC is in the middle of relaunching a bunch of titles, whose bright idea was it to upend these relaunches right off the bat with a dumb crossover? I'm loving a lot of these Dawn of DC books but it just seems like a real momentum killer to do this right now. What even is this crossover about? I'm assuming some of you that are ahead of me have already read some of it. Is it worth interrupting the flow of all these books so early in their runs?

Also I just finished reading DCeased and all of its followups. Goddamn Tom Taylor might be my favorite writer. Never seen a guy just continually taking a concept I was not on board with and just knocking it out of the goddamn park. I actually teared up at the end with Damian and Jon. Tom Taylor is so loving good.

It does kill momentum yes. Luckily if you have infinite you don't really have to worry and can just read them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. Knight Terrors is something to do with Damian and maybe Dr Destiny, I think? Everyone gets pulled into the Dream Realm and into a nightmare world and even money it ends with Daniel/Dream Endless-ex-machina-ing everything back to normal.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Lol, I had the exact same thought. I'm not reading the crossover, that's for sure.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yeah the wildcats books is bad

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's fun trash. They're set in a not quite DC universe (Superman is there, though it's not the main universe) and it has multiverse BS but it's been fun so far.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Grifter is a shittier Deadpool. I might still read it because I have infinite, but it isn't good.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Azubah posted:

It's fun trash. They're set in a not quite DC universe (Superman is there, though it's not the main universe) and it has multiverse BS but it's been fun so far.
Wildcats seems to spin directly out of/reference things from recent Batman comics (Grifter appeared and Halo was mentioned in Tynion's Batman, Rosenberg wrote a number of Bat-Family tie-in stories featuring Grifter and other Wildcats members) so I don't really know what indicates it is not in As Much of A Mainline DC Universe As Exists in 2023?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DC Comics: Every Book Isn't Set In The DC Universe

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Alaois posted:

DC Comics: Every Book Isn't Set In The DC Universe

Finally taking a page from the Marvel play book.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Is Jaime Reyes' family still dead in the comics?

Nope, they're back

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

X-O posted:

Give Adams back

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I am gonna be a bit mad if he actually has Hal and Carol hook up, because she's been SUPER explicit about telling him to gently caress off and the thing he did last issue with using the ring to lock her BF in the bathroom is pretty messed up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Batman: legacy was not very good.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

Batman: legacy was not very good.

Didn't I mention something about Contagion being better than Legacy because Legacy really sucked

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

Didn't I mention something about Contagion being better than Legacy because Legacy really sucked

Legacy started out strong until out of character Ras, talia, and Bane showed up. My favorite part is at the beginning talking about the death toll of the Clench and the comics really don't peg it down very well. It is somewhere between a couple thousand and a couple hundred thousand. Plus it is mentioned off-hand that Gotham has been depopulated due to clench and people fleeing the city. I think it is mentioned Gotham only has 3-4 million residents left and that half the city is empty now. In like a year comic time No Man's land happens so idk how you square this hole.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Gotham is probably the most cursed city in the DCU. Between every villain taking over the city and killing off the equivalent of a small rural town, a plague that wipes out....well....a lot of people, a follow up plague that tries to kill off those that didn't die the first time, an earthquake that kills off more and turns the whole city into a Mad Max world and so on. It's amusing that people would still live there. Maybe Bruce secretly set up a UBI fund for Gotham just to bribe people to stay.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
There was a period in the late 1990s where Gotham was simultaneously subjected to DC crossover catastrophes (Underworld Unleashed, Final Night, etc.), Bat-book crossover events (Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm/No Man's Land, etc.), and whatever was going on the week-to-week churn of Bat titles (serial killers, mad bombers, supervillain attacks, etc.). It really made you wonder why anyone lived there at all.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

FMguru posted:

There was a period in the late 1990s where Gotham was simultaneously subjected to DC crossover catastrophes (Underworld Unleashed, Final Night, etc.), Bat-book crossover events (Contagion, Legacy, Cataclysm/No Man's Land, etc.), and whatever was going on the week-to-week churn of Bat titles (serial killers, mad bombers, supervillain attacks, etc.). It really made you wonder why anyone lived there at all.

Cheap rear end rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

FMguru posted:

I liked the Hitman approach where they just boarded up the bar and went "gently caress it, we'll wait all this poo poo out"