Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

DaveWoo posted:

Worf: "I raised Alexander."

Did you, Worf? Did you really?

He literally only took care of Alexander for 3 years and then sent him back to his parents again who tried to drop him on Worf because they already felt they couldn't take care of him a like 4 years earlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
It’s funny how “Future’s End Part 2” is even scarier now with Chakotay and Torres being held up by good ol’ boys. That whole section is pretty superfluous but the shot of the Doctor not giving a poo poo while gunfire goes right through him is great. “Divine intervention is unlikely.”

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Due to comments in this thread, I have decided to reevaluate my position on the Ferengi.

What episodes should I watch, aside from The Magnificent Ferengi?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Due to comments in this thread, I have decided to reevaluate my position on the Ferengi.

What episodes should I watch, aside from The Magnificent Ferengi?

All of them. You shouldn't skip any episodes but you especially shouldn't skip any Ferengi episodes

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

No Dignity posted:

All of them. You shouldn't skip any episodes but you especially shouldn't skip any Ferengi episodes

Read this in Garak voice for added effect

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Well I did just rewatch In the Pale Moonlight (ye gods, what a fantastic episode) and it’s got me wanting to attempt an entire DS9 watchthrough.

A monumental task, but I may just try.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just finished "The Sound of her Voice", and while I can see what they were going for, I feel like the twist at the end doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. I mean, wouldn't it have been obvious the moment anyone looked up the ship in the computer logs? Or when Sisko was filling the other captain in on current events?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Lmao Enterprise Season 4 is no longer available to stream on Paramount+

Absolute garbage app. I wonder what minuscule royalties they’re trying to avoid paying by deleting this particular season.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

Frakes gets a lot of coin for his appearance as Chef

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Coto erasure

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MrMojok posted:

Well I did just rewatch In the Pale Moonlight (ye gods, what a fantastic episode) and it’s got me wanting to attempt an entire DS9 watchthrough.

A monumental task, but I may just try.

Watch it all man. It's a great show.

I like all the Ferengi episodes except Profit and Lace. Watch the whole show but you could also just go watch Bar Association right now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Absolute garbage app. I wonder what minuscule royalties they’re trying to avoid paying by deleting this particular season.

If that's on purpose and not a glitch and they keep removing, some fans are going to burn Paramount HQ down.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well that sucks because my wife and I are about to finish Season 3

Hopefully it’s a glitch

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

Just finished "The Sound of her Voice", and while I can see what they were going for, I feel like the twist at the end doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. I mean, wouldn't it have been obvious the moment anyone looked up the ship in the computer logs? Or when Sisko was filling the other captain in on current events?

I forget, is the difference a few days or is it longer? Because if it's only days, it's pretty easy to excuse (ship wasn't recorded as lost yet, she was marooned long enough to have lost track of the date)

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

holefoods posted:

Frakes gets a lot of coin for his appearance as Chef

I don't think anyone actually wants that particular episode anywhere tho

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I forget, is the difference a few days or is it longer? Because if it's only days, it's pretty easy to excuse (ship wasn't recorded as lost yet, she was marooned long enough to have lost track of the date)

It's three years.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

MrMojok posted:

Coto erasure
Didn't Coto turn out to be a massive chud?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Payndz posted:

Didn't Coto turn out to be a massive chud?

Does it matter? S4 was just good and actually took the show back to its optimistic, pluralistic roots, who cares if he became a Trump guy 15 years later?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Big Mean Jerk posted:

what the gently caress? not that i was actively watching it, but that's the best season of enterprise

they must seriously be out of money

e: it's probably a glitch, i can still select season 4 but none of the episodes populate

e2: works now

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 3, 2023

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Up to the first episode of Season 7 of DS9 now, and boy, the writers sure seem to love this Vic Fontaine character

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
It’s because Vic Fontaine is awesome.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

HD DAD posted:

It’s because Vic Fontaine is awesome.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HD DAD posted:

It’s because Vic Fontaine is awesome, Pally.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lol, what IS that logo even? Did they seriously use the Mass Effect font for a Star Trek logo?

e: Oh my god they DID. They literally did.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

No Dignity posted:

The House of Quark

:love: Grilka :love:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

mllaneza posted:

The House of Quark

:love: Grilka :love:

I love that despite the marriage being a political stalling tactic they've clearly developed a real relationship offscreen by the second episode in which she appears. It's just so cute when she shows up on DS9 and her and Quark just have a big hug because they're happy to see each other. That second episode has a hilarious ending too.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's a shame she never showed up after that. It would've been better than having Quark pine for Jadzia.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Grillka seems to be into Quark not really being a relationship type of guy. Which makes sense; she wants to run her own house. Them being friends makes sense as they're both very independent movers and shakers somewhat on the fringe in their societies. It seems like they stay in touch, but it would be in character for both of them to be more into closing the deal or the chase, respectively.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I can't believe it took DS9 seven whole seasons to do a baseball episode, this is great :lol:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

DaveWoo posted:

I can't believe it took DS9 seven whole seasons to do a baseball episode, this is great :lol:

The actor that played Rom was actually a very talented player so for him to play convincingly badly he had to play with his non-dominant hand. :3:

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

nine-gear crow posted:

Lol, what IS that logo even? Did they seriously use the Mass Effect font for a Star Trek logo?

e: Oh my god they DID. They literally did.

Crave straight up used music from Mass Effect 2 in a tv advertisement for their Star Trek content a few years ago.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wait til u hear what picard did

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Wait til u hear what picard did

DISCO and Picard both did; Star Trek now looks like Mass Effect, and you'll learn to love it or ELSE.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The ubiquitousness of LED track lighting and large flat screen displays has undoubtedly contributed to the genericization of sci-fi production design

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

at least TV is finally over dumb holograms

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

It was kind of weird that shows set after the TNG era went out of their way to show that hologram tech seems to have gotten worse over time. When they aren't flickering randomly, they're dumb as rocks and can apparently be disabled by blinking at them, and that was a flaw that was apparently around for 900 years.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

"In the 32nd century tricorders, communicators, and padds have an been integrated into the badge, with a holographic UI!"

Great! Excellent idea of progression! I lo-

"And it's a semitransparent monochrome set of floating that always sits awkwardly in front of you! And there are always flickery projection beams coming out of the badge! You control them by making awkward waving gestures in front of the projection."

Oh. Yeah, great. Love to read a book on that.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 5, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Doesn’t anyone know how to turn off the program when they leave?!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
https://youtu.be/9WYx9bb5pvo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Remember the Deep Space 9 holo communicator they used for two episodes?