Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Here is the Barbie map in question lol

https://imgur.io/V8YTjzJ

how the ufck is this real lmoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fitzy Fitz posted:

it's an 8 dash line

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

lmao

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

:chanpop:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Not embedding this was the right call, lmao

An Jung-geun
Sep 2, 2022

Fitzy Fitz posted:

lol

that's beyond parody

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Truga posted:

it's an 8 dash line

its eight dashes!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So there has to be another reason right and they just made this up like when a chinese censor says oh yeah we can't do skeletons

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
the vietnamese govt has a secret screener with nine dashes proving the studio surreptitiously removed one dash to gently caress with them

many bothans died

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

KomradeX posted:

So there has to be another reason right and they just made this up like when a chinese censor says oh yeah we can't do skeletons

have you seen the stupid bullshit the uk government has decided to cause an international incident about right now?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Fitzy Fitz posted:

oh my god

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

what’s actually amazing is that Taiwan is probably the only accurate part of the “map”

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

no way lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

quote:

DreamWorks’ animated film “Abominable” was banned for the same reason in 2019 and Sony’s “Unchartered” suffered the same fate last year. Exhibitor CGV was fined for showing “Abominable,” and staff at the Vietnam Cinema Department were disciplined for not immediately spotting the offending images. The film was pulled after just over a week in cinemas.

how is this a thing that has now happened three times

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

who the gently caress is digging out maps with any territorial lines on the ocean drawn on them for movies lol

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

how is this a thing that has now happened three times

so this has to be something they're doing on purpose, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yes the vietnamese government is very deliberately banning them

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
starting to get the rising suspicion that the barbie movie might have a comedic tone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it is proper and right to thwart the latest Trojan horse of American decadence, a film to celebrate and sell more of a child's doll that is made of about a quart of petroleum and is designed to produce consumers for American enterprises.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

every time they ban a movie the line gets one dash longer!!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

every time they ban a movie the line gets one dash longer!!

Keep it up Vietnam and soon the Phillipines will.part of China and it'll be your fault

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
every country should ban Brand: The Movie

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
This has to be a made up bit to promote the movie.

I expect the Vietnamese spokeswoman come up tomorrow and clarify no actually we ban Barbie for being a consumerism slop fake movie.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 01:27 on Jul 4, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

mawarannahr posted:

it is proper and right to thwart the latest Trojan horse of American decadence, a film to celebrate and sell more of a child's doll that is made of about a quart of petroleum and is designed to produce consumers for American enterprises.

at least the nike movie had ben affleck playing a coked out ceo.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/03/1185795838/hong-kong-arrest-warrants-activists-nathan-law

quote:

Hong Kong has issued arrest warrants for eight exiled activists and lawyers, accusing them of violating China's national security law — and offering a hefty bounty for their capture.

Among the eight people Hong Kong's national security police say are wanted for "collusion with foreign forces" are activist and former legislator Nathan Law, now in exile in the U.K.; former lawmaker Ted Hui and legal scholar Kevin Yam, both in Australia; and Anna Kwok, the director of a pro-Hong Kong advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C.

"They have committed very serious offenses that endanger national security," Li said, adding that the government is offering 1 million Hong Kong dollars (about $130,000) each for information leading to their arrests.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

nice of npr to give us a list of cia assets and their whereabouts

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

you’d have to be pretty crazy to think

quote:

the director of a pro-Hong Kong advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C.

might be connected to western governments

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

You have an obligation to support Washington-based Hong Kong anarchists

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

yellowcar posted:

nice of npr to give us a list of cia assets and their whereabouts

I'm the unemployed activist with enough financial backing to casually fly across the globe to my regional base of operations. That think tank? Oh we just share office space on the same floor and split bills for the water cooler. Nice people.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I still remember all the people who said China is trying to colonize Hong Kong with straight loving faces

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

When I moved into my current apartment my landlord told me a story about how his father fled the purges in China to become a landlord in America. It was clear from his tone it was supposed to be an inspirational rags to riches story. He also made sure to tell me he was a Christian.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

SorePotato posted:

You have an obligation to support Washington-based Hong Kong anarchists

i will present my testicles to congress who have an obligation to lick them

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

KomradeX posted:

I still remember all the people who said China is trying to colonize Hong Kong with straight loving faces

it’s actually genocide

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

rodbeard posted:

When I moved into my current apartment my landlord told me a story about how his father fled the purges in China to become a landlord in America. It was clear from his tone it was supposed to be an inspirational rags to riches story. He also made sure to tell me he was a Christian.

Ungrateful westerner! I bet you don't even have a maneki neko lucky fortune cat statue. You will surely be struck by the vengeful spirit of rent increase for failing to show proper respect! Harumph!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
dedollarization alert

India starts paying for Russian oil in yuan – Reuters