Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
summer league starting now on ESPN2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Calidus posted:

We need a 3v3 game of just siblings at the all star break. Lopez, Thompson, and Morris.

Antetokounbros on the bench

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

trevorreznik posted:

How does the NBA not have higher res footage on youtube for moments like this? It's probably the single best moment I can remember watching live on TV.

With Jordan it was like watching Alabama football - annoyed when there was a loss, because wins were expected.

toggle posted:

Few pages back, but this was one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen. Classic playoff basketball.

feels like this is exactly what lebatard was talking about in the lowe post spot from a couple weeks back-- historically talented teams are one thing, but there's something even more special about watching the unexpected

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Dejan Bimble posted:

the good summer league (WNBA) has been on for awhile OP

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Dejan Bimble posted:

Chet!
Chet!

Lady Radia posted:

the good summer league (WNBA) has been on for awhile OP

Also this.

Rhyne Howard dropped 43 last night. Good ball happening in the W.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
That Hawks team that LeBron beat, sure is producing coaches.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1675984150610968576?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

well if dame does wind up elsewhere i'm getting kinda hyped about jovic/JJJ

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

really committed to his role as a Lebron Stopper

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1676004062767075330?s=46&t=m7M2hSFPsMoubJP7KxMwLQ

Sure thought he was going to have somebody pay him a bit more, i feel like that’s a great deal for the Bucks.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Was DeMarre Carroll the original 3 and D wing and the original LeBron stopper?

That name unearthed core basketball memories

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

someone, please, help this man dress

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

OzFactor posted:

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1676004062767075330?s=46&t=m7M2hSFPsMoubJP7KxMwLQ

Sure thought he was going to have somebody pay him a bit more, i feel like that’s a great deal for the Bucks.

I'm surprised nobody offered him at least the BAE, but on the other hand he's real bad on defense

Maybe he took a discount to play for a team that's gonna get him a lot of open looks so he can have a bounceback season and cash in next year

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

Stop givin him advice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

OzFactor posted:

He's a lot more tolerable at 2.7 than he was at 10 mil. All the same, while lot of his 3s were in garbage time there are moments I think the Lakers could have used him a bit more. Not as big of a fan of him as Popdog.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Aye Doc posted:

I would be his personal stylist for 25 dollars an hour. he needs immediate help. why is he dressing like this

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

xbilkis posted:

I'm surprised nobody offered him at least the BAE, but on the other hand he's real bad on defense

Maybe he took a discount to play for a team that's gonna get him a lot of open looks so he can have a bounceback season and cash in next year

I guess he just watched Joe Ingles get 2/22 after doing that for 40ish games there.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

OzFactor posted:

He's fallen off a bit since he signed his last contract, but that's still a great deal. I figured he'd be a good candidate for taxpayers MLE

xbilkis posted:

Yeah, thats what I figure. It's a good chance for a comeback season.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Today i learned malik beasley is still only 26 years old

It might work out for him if he has a nice year to bait someone into giving him a bigger deal

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 4, 2023

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

He's a lot more tolerable at 2.7 than he was at 10 mil. All the same, while lot of his 3s were in garbage time there are moments I think the Lakers could have used him a bit more. Not as big of a fan of him as Popdog.

all their dorks who can shoot are the Hesitantly, if Im Open kind and to actually punish the incredibly aggressive paint help defense people play vs the lakers you need someone who will just take 3s all loving day on guys closing out on them. i feel like malik was the closest to that kinda guy theyve had a chance at, and breaking open that defense consistently would solve most of their offensive issues. without the 2 plus help defenders standing in the paint lebron and Ad would feast

every lebron team Must have a jr, in my opinion. theoretically dlo can be that guy but i already have playmaking hopes on deangelo and hes very fragile

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Malik Beasley is whatever but the dynamic of him having hosed his teammate’s mom is inherently hilarious

God bless Larsa Pippen for being a cougar

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Carlosologist posted:

Was DeMarre Carroll the original 3 and D wing and the original LeBron stopper?

That name unearthed core basketball memories

He definitely wasn't the first 3 and D wing. Bruce Bowen and Shane Battier come to mind, but there were probably guys even earlier than that (adjusting for 3pa by era). Iggy predates him as a "LeBron stopper," and I think Paul Pierce fancies himself as the original. I'm happy the DeMarre has had a nice NBA career, though, being a key piece of a rare good Mizzou basketball team.

As far as nostalgic names go, the Rockets announced that Royal Ivey and Tiago Splitter will be on the coaching staff.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Bulls are BACK, lmao to any East team dumb enough to think they are getting the nine seed next season.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1675479807444893698

:mad: that's not attacking rehab

happy dude is seemingly able to walk and move around normally even if he never plays basketball again
especially that now he knows that even if he should burn through the bag he pocketed, he can always borrow a little $$ from lil bro to cover the Lambo payment

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Bulls are BACK, lmao to any East team dumb enough to think they are getting the nine seed next season.

Hawks are still lockedin to 500 ball and you better watch the f out

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls are going to bring in the mysterious Turkish guy they were rumored to have offered a two-way to a week before free agency and WATCH OUT.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lol Morey Morey’d himself out of Harden

https://twitter.com/DavidEarly/status/1676009470588080132

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Papes posted:

Bill walton?

greg oden?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Ghost Dog posted:

the current ringless goat is Kevin Durant

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Memories of driving through Portland right before the draft and there was a billboard that said "Oden or Durant?"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Lifespan posted:

Memories of driving through Portland right before the draft and there was a billboard that said "Oden or Durant?"

thinking about a team of roy, aldridge and durant

trevorreznik posted:

How does the NBA not have higher res footage on youtube for moments like this? It's probably the single best moment I can remember watching live on TV.

With Jordan it was like watching Alabama football - annoyed when there was a loss, because wins were expected.

Man it's crazy to think that Rose was once legitimately amazing and not just a meme RD likes to joke about

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 4, 2023

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://twitter.com/marcjspears/status/1676030823517294592?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

He's looked worse than that stat line. Hitting some 3s in the fourth quarter, at least. Still, he refuses to box out and just plays the most lackadaisical defense.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

44th pick Sidy Cissoko's defense making Miller look like the 60th pick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Do you get unlimited fouls in summer league?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Intruder posted:

Do you get unlimited fouls in summer league?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Lifespan posted:

in retrospect, was there really a correct answer?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/overtime/status/1675479807444893698

:mad: that's not attacking rehab

happy dude is seemingly able to walk and move around normally even if he never plays basketball again

That knee looks quite mangled.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Only thing with Miller that really worried me were the turnovers. Finished with 18/5/3 and he'll look better when he's next to anyone interested in setting up an offense

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Miller fattened up in the 4th on lightly contested threes. That’s probably ok with Melo doing most of the creation but if you went in thinking he had some play making you’re in for a bad time

He was bad defensively and had some no good very bad TOs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
To be fair even the rookies who look decent in Summer League usually stink big time in California Classic. That's half of why it exists to get some of those early awful games out of guy's systems.