Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

anime was right posted:

this would be fine except we are experiencing more frequent and more rapidly unfolding crises and honestly twitter was really good for finding out if you were about to literally die in a fire

*nods slowly, scribbles on pad* and why do you think that is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

anime was right posted:

this would be fine except we are experiencing more frequent and more rapidly unfolding crises and honestly twitter was really good for finding out if you were about to literally die in a fire

*looks outside, sees fire*

welp, time to die. drat you twitter!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

anime was right posted:

just look outside lol turn your computer off

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just look outside lol turn your computer off

bro there's been smoke out there for a month now I can't see poo poo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
without twitter you wont even know they're happening. win/win

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
here ya go, glad I could be of assistance. now you can watch the big scary fires without twitter

https://cwfis.cfs.nrcan.gc.ca/home

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

yeah well how are you gonna find out when google turns to poo poo too smart guy?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this mf is trying to sell ads to fuckin subscribers

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is he still rate limiting poo poo?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the thing is you can absolutely build a sustainable model around fleecing people for poo poo theyd look at for free but Musk is deeply stupid. I dont care what nonsense his publicist is paid to copy and paste into press releases.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

Thankfully he doesn't seem to know about Tweetdeck which is the only reason I continue using twitter.

This may be my fault.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

apatheticman posted:

Is he still rate limiting poo poo?

No you can poo poo all you want

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Elon paid 44b to read users private messages. I am sure some other countries chipped in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sickening posted:

Elon paid 44b to read users private messages. I am sure some other countries chipped in.

Concerning

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sickening posted:

He was definitely searching all of them for mentions of himself within hour 1.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

He was definitely searching all of them for mentions of himself within hour 1.

who wouldnt

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

rodbeard posted:

No you can poo poo all you want

oh thank god

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

if i had 44 billon dollars to spend i wouldn't give a single gently caress

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Cup Runneth Over posted:

yeah well how are you gonna find out when google turns to poo poo too smart guy?

shieeeeeeet.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Nitr0 posted:

I think its hilarious that people are now freaking out about twitters login requirements.

Ive never used the site or had an account, but apparently this is the only place to get things like wildfire updates? school board announcements? police bulletins?

hockey forums are going nuts because they cant click thru info anymore.

its just amazing. people are so loving goofy. burn all social media down and live like its the 80s you fucks. if you cant live your life without visiting any of the big socials fb, insta, Reddit, TikTok, twits then you really gotta reevaluate your life.
all the old methods of mass media information distribution like newspapers, radio, and television have been hollowed out by capital for decades, leaving them unequipped to fill the void of Twitter.

bawfuls has issued a correction as of 01:13 on Jul 4, 2023

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1676018753945870337?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

wow, i bet this was a good joke. idk because i can't see it but i bet it's great

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I've been saying, meta ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

wow, i bet this was a good joke. idk because i can't see it but i bet it's great

skill issue

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

if you say so, friend. it doesn't bother me none, i'm just enjoying the natural bounty of somethingawful.com, my website of choice

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

does the new CEO do anything? Not a single tweet about any of the recent events at the company. She has to be regretting this decision.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

she knew what she signed up for

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Niwrad posted:

does the new CEO do anything? Not a single tweet about any of the recent events at the company. She has to be regretting this decision.

CEOs that are hired this way are specifically there to absorb criticism and then get fired

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CEOs that are hired this way are specifically there to absorb criticism and then get fired

actually elon is taking the blame even now and shielding her from criticism

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

yeah but that's because he's not very smart

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
he maybe forgot that he hired a new CEO or he is literally too addicted to Twitter to stop doing this poo poo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Works on my machine

Anyway it's a twitter rando quoting the Threads announcement and insisting that we cannot let it be this one

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hopefully she demanded her big bonus for being the human shield upfront before she started and the check/wire cleared.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

bawfuls posted:

all the old methods of mass media information distribution like newspapers, radio, and television have been hollowed out by capital for decades, leaving them unequipped to fill the void of Twitter.

good jokes. the void of Twitter lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Horseshoe theory posted:

Hopefully she demanded her big bonus for being the human shield upfront before she started and the check/wire cleared.

While we can't discount the possibility she's a complete fool, if she isn't, she should have a golden parachute built into her contract

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

he maybe forgot that he hired a new CEO or he is literally too addicted to Twitter to stop doing this poo poo

No no no. You see "Musk said he will transition to the role of chief technology officer" so he's doing his job right now, breaking things and posting through it.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

elon musk protecting women ftw

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Nitr0 posted:

I think its hilarious that people are now freaking out about twitters login requirements.

Ive never used the site or had an account, but apparently this is the only place to get things like wildfire updates? school board announcements? police bulletins?

hockey forums are going nuts because they cant click thru info anymore.

its just amazing. people are so loving goofy. burn all social media down and live like its the 80s you fucks. if you cant live your life without visiting any of the big socials fb, insta, Reddit, TikTok, twits then you really gotta reevaluate your life.

when everyone in hawaii got an emergency broadcast that a ballistic missile was inbound and to take shelter immediately THIS IS NOT A DRILL the way I and many other people first learned that it wasnt real was from twitter.

it turns out that all the systems that used to be around for disseminating emergency information to the public have been dismantled or left to rot because they cost money and twitter was doing it for free anyway.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stereotype posted:

when everyone in hawaii got an emergency broadcast that a ballistic missile was inbound and to take shelter immediately THIS IS NOT A DRILL the way I and many other people first learned that it wasnt real was from twitter.

it turns out that all the systems that used to be around for disseminating emergency information to the public have been dismantled or left to rot because they cost money and twitter was doing it for free anyway.

exactly, Elon detected profit that was being left on the table

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Elon would never hire someone just to take the fall for his bad decisions because
1) then people would be talking about someone other than him
2) all of his decisions are perfect why would anyone have anything bad to say about them