Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Is there a way to stay crouched after getting knocked down to hit an opponent ala No Mercy?

r1, and l1 rolls you back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Btw, after you finish a ranked match online and break out by clicking RS you can hold LB once you get up and your guy will extend a hand for shaking, if they do it too you get a nice little mutual respect handshake after the match which is a little neat thing.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
I just noticed the stat screen in RTE scrolls allowing you to upgrade signatures and basic attacks, during my second time through with my CAW. No wonder my strikes never did poo poo, lol. I'll probably play through with some actual AEW guys a few times and then take my CAW through on Elite difficulty for a final pass on my loadout. Tiger Driver to Sharpshooter combo is so fun.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I know mini games aren’t very popular, but do the ones you play into RTE become available in exhibition mode?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have righted coward Tony’s greatest wrong and given Best Friends gold. This game is very fun, it’s a shame the caw sucks so much.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

I have righted coward Tony’s greatest wrong and given Best Friends gold. This game is very fun, it’s a shame the caw sucks so much.

Not sure the CAW is gonna continue to suck... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ehzipl0qQc

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

Oh gently caress, I’d been wondering about that. I knew about the rising strikes, which I love, but didn’t know about the crouch. Time to hit some dudes in the balls!

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

Not sure the CAW is gonna continue to suck... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ehzipl0qQc

I really hope this gets steam workshop support so I can easily mod it in my deck.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Suplex Liberace posted:

Nice! Ball shots for everyone.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Ganso Bomb posted:

Oh gently caress, I’d been wondering about that. I knew about the rising strikes, which I love, but didn’t know about the crouch. Time to hit some dudes in the balls!

it does have the ding 🥹

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Am having decent fun with this game even if my CAW eats poo poo every time in career mode. My only (weird) gripe is that they chose the most generic quotes for the loading screens.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

the range seems so short on all the rising strikes i never hit them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Am having decent fun with this game even if my CAW eats poo poo every time in career mode. My only (weird) gripe is that they chose the most generic quotes for the loading screens.

I personally love whenever a game has those dumb 'the goal is to reduce your opponents health to zero before your health reaches zero' style load screen tips instead of quotes

makes me laugh every time

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Trying Road to Elite and getting sick to loving death of enemies kicking out of every finisher while I have literally no possiblity of doing the same. gently caress doing this poo poo every single time I make a CAW god drat.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

My favorite is Scorpio Sky’s “And a dropkick!”

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If you grapple a rising opponent, is it a reversal every single time? Because so far for me it is

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Borrowed Ladder posted:

If you grapple a rising opponent, is it a reversal every single time? Because so far for me it is

yeah. seems intended to promote a more patient approach on offense

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
RTE is worth playing just to see Excalibur say everything is coming up Milhouse.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Playing online is completely rear end from where I live. The closest region to me is East Asia and it doesn't seem like anyone else plays the game on the Switch here, so to get a match I have to set the server to the Americas, which means extreme lag that renders the game unplayable.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Playing online is completely rear end from where I live. The closest region to me is East Asia and it doesn't seem like anyone else plays the game on the Switch here, so to get a match I have to set the server to the Americas, which means extreme lag that renders the game unplayable.

You and me might be the only two goons in this situation, I haven’t set aside any online time though.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played some more of this tonight with my friend and he got a much better feel for it this time and we had a lot of fun going back and forth in 1 on 1's and tag matches. Game's a lot more fun with friends than it is playing randoms in ranked!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Can someone please explain how presets work for CAWs?

What I'm trying to do is make a CAW and save their move set as a template so that I can assign that move set template to any new CAW I make in the future and then make adjustments.

Right now, unless I'm missing something, it looks like presets might only be for ring attire. But even so I can't figure out how to use them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I don’t think I’ve played a wrestling game since hctp; really hoping caw options develop and/or steam workshop opens up

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Kenny said in an interview that more CAW stuff is coming

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Just discovered there are grapples for when you have two opponents that are grappling each other, you'll bang their heads together

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Wrestling empire is 10 bucks, at least on switch, and that game is even crazier. Worth a look if you want all the different weird match types, a huge roster, and an absolutely ludicrous story mode where you can battle people on airplanes and at funerals.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Fight Forever with a MDickie story mode would probably be the last game I ever buy because why would I need anything else, ever? Keep ya final fantasy.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

The lovely music they use for the Road to Elite cutscenes always crack me up, they're endearingly bad in a way video game music isn't anymore.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I swear I heard like a bossanova elevator rendition of Battle Cry

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Majinfoose posted:

I swear I heard like a bossanova elevator rendition of Battle Cry

You definitely did, there's one of Cold World too IIRC. I keep meaning to find them in the jukebox so I can set them to play all the time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rukus said he did renditions of specific themes for the restaurant music (and he added in bongos when you're a vegan)

https://twitter.com/MikeyRukus/status/1674822794561962009

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Okay the Historic setting for Barbed Wire Deathmatch is incredible. Timer runs out, cheap sparklers and smoke go up. Two seconds later your person sells for nothing and falls over

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I did a cpu vs cpu women's round robin tournament to test if it can generate interesting matches. Answer: not very good for this, although there was one case.

Nothing particularly interesting here. Skip if you don't care about simming.

Group A
Riho 4 wins - 1 loss
Jade 4-1
Shida 3-2
Thunder 2-3
Statlander 1-4
Yuka 1-4

Group B
Abadon 3-2
Anna 3-2
Nyla 3-2
Britt 2-3
Tay 2-3
Ruby 2-3

Total 30 matches, all on Elite difficulty (which I assume affects the bot matches)
Average match length: 4:02
Shortest match: 2:15 (Britt def. Abadon), there were three other matches under 3 minutes
Longest match: 8:45 (Yuka def. Riho), second and third were 5:50 and 5:15

25 matches ended with finisher (4 of them submissions, Queenslayer/Lockjaw)
3 matches ended with basic strikes+pin. In two of these the loser was first hit by finisher and used desperation pin attempt, but was beaten shortly after that. Nyla won one by hitting signature -> finisher gets countered -> some strikes -> pin
2 matches ended with desperation pin after the winner was hit with finisher

16 matches ended with the first one who gets Special simply hitting their finisher and getting the pin with nothing worth mentioning
Total 8 desperation pin attempts
In 5 cases the person who got Special failed to hit finisher, 2 finishers led to a kickout and 1 to a rope break. One finisher was countered.

The only match that was truly unique was Yuka vs. Riho. Yuka had lost all 4 matches and Riho won all 4. Yuka was dominating, but was somehow unable to get Finisher despite being on signature level almost the entire time. She constantly tripped Riho and attempted pins that got two count.
At one point Riho got Special, but fumbled her running meteora. Yuka had 8 pin attempts before she finally got the Special and hit Magical Girl Splash for win.

So at least with the current settings 1vs1 matches aren't particularly interesting.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 4, 2023

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Oh boy I hope these mods that are coming end up having an easy way to get on Steam Deck. Is that likely? The steam deck is my first gaming PC.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
How the gently caress do you unlock tall paul.

Online i've read you just gotta keep losing until chapter 4 in story mode. 3 times now Tall Paul hasn't even shown up

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

GOTY

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Malcolm Excellent posted:

How the gently caress do you unlock tall paul.

Online i've read you just gotta keep losing until chapter 4 in story mode. 3 times now Tall Paul hasn't even shown up

I just kept winning and never losing and he showed up. Someone is messing with me at Double or Nothing and sabotaged my car, I arrived at the arena with no time to spare and was told I had to beat Tall Paul in 3 minutes. It was only possible via count out for me at least.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just ran into tall Paul as well and he thoroughly kicked my rear end. I lost like the last 4 matches in RttE because they were all handicap matches or 3 ways.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hanger no its a trick noooo

Good: i like that sigs can usually be activated from a front grapple even if they aren't front grapples, like hangman's popup powerbombs he'll just shove them back then punk ran into it
Bad: i paused during the replay to type this and the game froze

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think if the opponent is dazed you can activate a signature/finisher from just about anywhere in the right ballpark and your guy will do the last of the positioning automatically, just to save you the setup