Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

tildes posted:

I am like weeks late on this but there is night vision in Battlebit just in case you were not aware.

I am, but then you have to choose between that and being able to ADS with like anything more than the basic reflex scope lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, how does Bancho in Dave the Diver keep winning these competitions when he just loving deep fries everything.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

he wins because he deep-fries everything :colbert:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Ah poo poo I love Not for Broadcast, that sucks. Streets of Rogue 2 might see the light still, I could see that going to another developer.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yikes

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

that was kinda uncomfortable to read, ngl

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Is Dwarf Fortress any easier getting into now that it's on steam with graphics and such? With how much I love Rimworld I know I need to try DF at some point, but I keep dreading the idea of spending hours on tutorials to figure out how to play.

mystes
May 31, 2006

How do you hire additional staff in Dave the Diver? Is there like a specific time of day you have to do something specific?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

mystes posted:

How do you hire additional staff in Dave the Diver? Is there like a specific time of day you have to do something specific?
have you met Yoshie? she tutorializes the whole deal when she arrives & unlocks it

but basically: go to the restaurant at night prior to opening, open the staff menu, and hit X on controller to bring up the hiring menu. that'll let you start a new hiring ad; do the same thing the next night to see the results

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jul 4, 2023

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Dwarf Fortress any easier getting into now that it's on steam with graphics and such? With how much I love Rimworld I know I need to try DF at some point, but I keep dreading the idea of spending hours on tutorials to figure out how to play.

as someone who bounced off it Many Years ago, the steam version is much easier to get into right away. you will still probably end up watching hours of tutorials on how to drain an aquifer or whatever, later on

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's very beginner (to DF) friendly, I went into it blind with pretty much the same experience as you (loved rimworld) and the tutorials were good enough to get me going.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FuzzySlippers posted:

If the interface is what put you off, maybe. The mechanics themselves are not any less labyrinthine

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

HopperUK posted:

Streets of Rogue 2 might see the light still, I could see that going to another developer.

Tinybuild is the publisher, not the developer, so the dev might run into money troubles but I would be extremely surprised if it's outright cancelled.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

have you met Yoshie? she tutorializes the whole deal when she arrives & unlocks it

but basically: go to the restaurant at night prior to opening, open the staff menu, and hit X on controller to bring up the hiring menu. that'll let you start a new hiring ad; do the same thing the next night to see the results
Oh thanks for some reason I was just missing that I had to hit x to open that menu

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

mystes posted:

Oh thanks for some reason I was just missing that I had to hit x to open that menu

Very minor spoiler that might save you a bit of money:

One of the side quests will gain you an employee who's better at the chef role than anyone you might hire through Yoshi. Better to hire two servers and one chef and wait for the second chef slot to be filled by that new employee.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Any best deals besides horizon zero dawn and disco elysium?

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I really like Dave The Diver but does anyone have any issue where the game randomly locks up like 10-30 minutes into a play session? Maybe it's related to tuna somehow? I'll send in some error logs and hope that helps them out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

Any best deals besides horizon zero dawn and disco elysium?

Deep Rock Galactic
Hades
Celeste

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
So what happened with Kerbal Space Program 2? I played KSP1 for like 5 hours and realized I came kind of late into the game and figured the eventual sequel would have a more newbie friendly learning curve instead of me watching hours of YT tutorials so I just shelved it. But it was clear that it was a beloved game.

Then KSP2 came out and it’s apparently awful with performance and other things? Is it gamers being gamers or did they really screw the pooch?

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just beat Subnautica for the first time and I'm really, really wishing I'd played it sooner. What a great time.

I'll be picking up the Subnautica: Below Zero this sale, but for anybody who hasn't tried the original, please do yourself a favor and give it a shot. I'll go ahead and say that even for people on the fence because "deep ocean = scary" there's a huge, extensive console command list that can help negate any anxiety you might have, including making anything dangerous ignore you, invincibility, etc. There's even a creative mode that makes you invincible and unlocks all the crafting stuff and makes crafting free by default at the start so you can freely experience the story and just explore and huge build bases and stuff.

It's an excellent game.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 4, 2023

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

GreatGreen posted:

I know I'm late to the party on this one, but I just beat Subnautica for the first time and I'm really, really wishing I'd played it sooner. What a great time.

I'll be picking up the Subnautica: Below Zero this sale, but for anybody who hasn't tried the original, please do yourself a favor and give it a shot. I'll go ahead and say that even for people on the fence because "deep ocean = scary" there's a huge, extensive console command list that can help negate any anxiety you might have, including making anything dangerous ignore you, invincibility, etc. There's even a creative mode that makes you invincible and unlocks all the crafting stuff and makes crafting free by default at the start so you can freely experience the story and just explore.

It's an excellent game.

I actually picked up Subnautica on this sale. I went in pretty much blind, expecting minecraft under da sea, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of story and exploration. Good game, I expect I'll actually finish it, assuming my growing lust for another factorio playthrough doesn't derail things.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

SavageMessiah posted:

I actually picked up Subnautica on this sale. I went in pretty much blind, expecting minecraft under da sea, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of story and exploration. Good game, I expect I'll actually finish it, assuming my growing lust for another factorio playthrough doesn't derail things.

I'm a little bit anxious about the whole under-the-ocean thing so I beat it for the first time in Creative Mode. Invincibility, build anything instantly and for free. Even in that setup where there are minimal "stakes" in terms of resource gathering or personal danger, it's still a fun world to explore and story to experience.

I'm planning on the next playthrough being under more normal conditions. There will be danger then but I'll know what to expect so I won't feel the abject mortal terror of an unknown ocean while I'm trying to survive in it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

GreatGreen posted:

I'm a little bit anxious about the whole under-the-ocean thing so I beat it for the first time in Creative Mode. Invincibility, build anything instantly and for free. Even in that setup where there are minimal "stakes" in terms of resource gathering or personal danger, it's still a fun world to explore and story to experience.

I'm planning on the next playthrough being under more normal conditions. There will be danger then but I'll know what to expect so I won't feel the abject mortal terror of an unknown ocean while I'm trying to survive in it.

You really robbed yourself, the first dive into blood kelp trench is terrifying, what a shame to have done it while invulnerable.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Serephina posted:

You really robbed yourself, the first dive into blood kelp trench is terrifying, what a shame to have done it while invulnerable.

You can keep the terror for yourself thanks. :)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

buglord posted:

So what happened with Kerbal Space Program 2? I played KSP1 for like 5 hours and realized I came kind of late into the game and figured the eventual sequel would have a more newbie friendly learning curve instead of me watching hours of YT tutorials so I just shelved it. But it was clear that it was a beloved game.

Then KSP2 came out and it’s apparently awful with performance and other things? Is it gamers being gamers or did they really screw the pooch?

It was made by basically a completely new team iirc and it does sound like shoddy work. I have not personally played it but the performance is supposed to be quite bad (like, you're lucky if you get 60fps on a very good PC), physics feel wrong, quite a lot of major features aren't in the game or planned to be in the game for a while (I don't think there's heat on re-entry yet?), among other stuff. It's also $40 and will go up in price before it goes 1.0. I don't think this one is gamers being gamers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's the thread's thoughts on Cruelty Squad? Must own, one off gimmick, or unplayable garbage?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What's the thread's thoughts on Cruelty Squad? Must own, one off gimmick, or unplayable garbage?

As a successful member of society with a stable unflinching psyche and limitless drive, natural affinity for finance and domination, you have been selected, no, you have been effortlessly guided by divine (biological) trauma towards this moment. The gates of destiny fling open, and once again you're left standing on pulsating nothingness. A strobing headache of the soul.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I can’t write the paragraphs about it again bc my fingers are tired but it’s definitely a full fledged well thought out game. It looks like a shitpost but underneath is a well crafted experience worn memorable levels and music that slaps. Also it’s fun to return to old levels with new gear and get certain secret items/body mods that way.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ninjoatse.cx posted:

yes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Must own unplayable garbage

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
Cruelty squad is a bleeding heart covered in doritos locos taco wrappers and a 10/10 video game.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it would be cruel to force yourself to play cruelty squad. give this stinker a wide berth!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
wait, NEXON makes Dave The Diver? How?!

e: also definitely a cute game but a toggle switch accessibility tweak instead of button mashing is sorely needed. Cute game though. Enjoying it as well as Brotato.

buglord fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 4, 2023

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

You jerks made me try and love Dave the Diver.

Now I have less time to sling around in Webbed and start a maple syrup empire in Mon Bazou, both games everyone should buy.

The nerve of this thread.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

buglord posted:

The game underwent a lot of development hell - the original KSP1 studio basically disbanded beforehand, and the first dev team (Star Theory Games, previously Uber Entertainment of Monday Night Combat fame) closed its doors during COVID after the second dev team (an internal 2K studio formed just for this game) poached most of their staff. As a result, the Early Access release was in a pretty rough state. Not sure whether it's improved since or not.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Not for everyone by any means whatsoever, but if you're on the same wavelength as it, it'll sink its hooks into you and drag you down a dark, gaudily-textured wormhole of your own devising.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

ninjoatse.cx posted:

it rapidly alternates between all three every 0.3 seconds of gameplay. it is the first of a new kind of video game. it is not deep. it is not even shallow. its surface belies nothing because the skin of the onion is the same as what is within.

sad question
May 30, 2020

I forgot a title of game I wanted to check the sale on, could someone help? It's indie rpg (I think first person) with N64 era style graphics. Might be open worldy. Couldn't find it through steam tags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

sad question posted:

I forgot a title of game I wanted to check the sale on, could someone help? It's indie rpg (I think first person) with N64 era style graphics. Might be open worldy. Couldn't find it through steam tags.
Lunacid? It's not on formal sale, but it's half the planned price during its early access phase.