Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Elon completely owned me, I have to kneel before the king

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
its actually fun to post with random other people and ive had a ton of use out of it at big events

twitter rocked and i'm going to miss it, gently caress elon for ruining it even if it was going to die anyway because theres no loving way its a viable business model

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
yeah but honestly think about it. if twitter didn’t exist, you think people wouldn’t figure out that there was a false alert?

who cares where you learned about it first. they probably put out another alert I assume saying it was false?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

elon musk ftw

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I learned about nuclear winter from Nextdoor.com

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nitr0 posted:

Learning that the sun is going to go out from the Kip Winger fan forums.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

lmao gently caress

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Nitr0 posted:

Nextdoor: "The mushroom cloud is coming. I also saw a black kid walking down the street. I'm inclined to be more worried about the latter."

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If Threads just keeps the dumbest nazis and reply guys from automatically floating to the top of the comments section, I’ll gently caress with it, idc

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Any Bluesky invites kicking around

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

we have a crank on Nextdoor that pops up and yammers on about taxes or being a Korean War vet. he def caught a “ok grandpa that’s enough posting for you” ban.

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

i just got forcibly switched to the new tweetdeck (aka "tweetdeck preview") with no way to go back to the good version of tweetdeck (that hasn't been loading any posts since the whole rate limiting thing started).

looks like they changed "tweetdeck preview" to "tweetdeck 2.0", removed the opt-out button and deleted the opt-out instructions from https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/tweetdeck (previously https://web.archive.org/web/20230703164125/https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/tweetdeck)

lmao rip tweetdeck

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

sharknado slashfic posted:

This may be my fault.

lmao

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

CEOs that are hired this way are specifically there to absorb criticism and then get fired

Ablative CEO

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

I am enjoying being free from twitter.com for the first time in like 6 years

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Meta "Threads" but instead of a social media app it's just a video player showing the film on repeat.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

JHomer722 posted:

I am enjoying being free from twitter.com for the first time in like 6 years

Yeah I'm glad it's finally dead. I quit going once I saw an animal abuse video on my "for you" feed (also the report disappeared into the void)

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

shackleford posted:

i just got forcibly switched to the new tweetdeck (aka "tweetdeck preview") with no way to go back to the good version of tweetdeck (that hasn't been loading any posts since the whole rate limiting thing started).

looks like they changed "tweetdeck preview" to "tweetdeck 2.0", removed the opt-out button and deleted the opt-out instructions from https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/tweetdeck (previously https://web.archive.org/web/20230703164125/https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/tweetdeck)

lmao rip tweetdeck

Working for me, seems to be a skill issue

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Nitr0 posted:

I think it’s hilarious that people are now freaking out about twitters login requirements.

I’ve never used the site or had an account, but apparently this is the only place to get things like… wildfire updates? school board announcements? police bulletins?

hockey forums are going nuts because they can’t click thru info anymore.

it’s just amazing. people are so loving goofy. burn all social media down and live like it’s the 80’s you fucks. if you can’t live your life without visiting any of the big socials “fb, insta, Reddit, TikTok, twits” then you really gotta reevaluate your life.

my buddy lives in wildfire country and he says he can only get useful updates from the Facebook group.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

shyduck posted:

i also want one please

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Toss me a blueski

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

is it true that bluesky is closer to mastodon than twitter?

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

shyduck posted:

you can buy em for $20 on ebay lmao

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Burn Zone posted:

lol selling for more than elon's twitter thing

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

one off payment so it is a bargain

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Stereotype posted:

lol selling for more than elon's twitter thing

it's a one time purchase though. try again.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Burn Zone posted:

That's like 2000 tweet views, great value.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah maybe back off that angle elon

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Interweb posted:

is it true that bluesky is closer to mastodon than twitter?

this sentence hurts to read

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

that's the psychic damage

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

he has a lot of flair

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Schmoe Cwead posted:

he has a lot of flair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nitr0 posted:

good jokes. “the void of Twitter” lol

Have you read a local newspaper. It's bananas lol

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Twitter is outright the only place in the Portuguese sphere that at least has coverage about the french riots that is not "We should turn the rioters into the Stalkers from HL2 for embarrassing the great republic".

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

links are broken, please seed

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
They sbhhpuld make mastodon work like torrents

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

i've never had an account and embeds still work for me but clicking on pictures or something does not
Clicking on them won't work but opening the image url in another tab will. It's super weird and barely working. It's Elon Musk's Twitter.

Toplowtech has issued a correction as of 12:54 on Jul 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

the thing is you can absolutely build a sustainable model around fleecing people for poo poo they’d look at for free but Musk is deeply stupid. I don’t care what nonsense his publicist is paid to copy and paste into press releases.

lowtax was the only internet man to figure this out