Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are your gaming plans for the summer?
This poll is closed.
Win at video games 37 23.72%
Hone gaming skills 27 17.31%
Unlock hardcore mode achievements 14 8.97%
More grinding 24 15.38%
Post about video games 54 34.62%
Total: 82 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
ive seen two youtube ads trying to be served to me today. just a weird fluke or are they really rtrying to get aroudn the adblockers harder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Was about to say that June chat was better, but

june chat didn't have this

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

ive seen two youtube ads trying to be served to me today. just a weird fluke or are they really rtrying to get aroudn the adblockers harder?
they are. they just put in a system that'll block people from watching videos if they detect an adblocker three times in 24 hours

man there's all these indie spiritual successors and yet no one's made an indie dark cloud yet. when's it gonna happen..... life sims where you build up a town don't count!!! (but are welcome, thanks Grow and Littlewood)

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

they are. they just put in a system that'll block people from watching videos if they detect an adblocker three times in 24 hours

man there's all these indie spiritual successors and yet no one's made an indie dark cloud yet. when's it gonna happen..... life sims where you build up a town don't count!!! (but are welcome, thanks Grow and Littlewood)

You are literally the first person ever I’ve encountered that has mentioned Grow. Cool game. I love these dead gay forums.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

unattended spaghetti posted:

You are literally the first person ever I’ve encountered that has mentioned Grow. Cool game. I love these dead gay forums.
it was a neat game!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

firing up my VPN to hard download youtube video torrents

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My Grow Home story is I played it for 15.6 hours trying to cover the whole playspace in solid vine.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

fridge corn posted:

They were both steps in right, but different, directions

It's this. I do not like the souls games and Bloodborne, but seikiro and elden ring are both fantastic games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Khanstant posted:

My Grow Home story is I played it for 15.6 hours trying to cover the whole playspace in solid vine.
that's a neat game too, but i'm referring to Grow: Song of the Evertree

it's a life sim where you harvest materials from regions created on a giant tree, then head to the ground and use those materials to build up little towns around the island

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Far Cry 1 source code just leaked
https://twitter.com/VinciusMedeiro6/status/1674890139879845888

Couple of quick modern trimming and this might be a fun replay

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Odd Wilson posted:

Was about to say that June chat was better, but

june chat didn't have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK7kF7VhG60

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good on Sega being so inclusive before any other game developers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This was in the cut content thread, but it's interesting enough to put here: The source code for Far Cry 1 got uploaded to Internet Archive

https://archive.org/details/far-cry-1.34-complete

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey did you guys hear that the Far Cry 1 source code just go-

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

anyone wanna buy some Far Cry source code

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

that's a neat game too, but i'm referring to Grow: Song of the Evertree

it's a life sim where you harvest materials from regions created on a giant tree, then head to the ground and use those materials to build up little towns around the island

Oh that does sound cool I'll add it to my list.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The trouble with Grow Song of the Evertree is that trees don't sing

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jay Rust posted:

The trouble with Grow Song of the Evertree is that trees don't sing

Everyone knows that evertrees can sing. I've never seen an evertree that couldn't.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Systems with timers that tempt you to idle your game, bad or very bad (or okay)?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Seems bad

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the great thing about games that tell you not to play them like that, is that you can just never buy them and that means you're super pro at them

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Rinkles posted:

Systems with timers that tempt you to idle your game, bad or very bad (or okay)?
I like the little town building minigame in Bravely Default where you close your 3DS then come back in a few hours and your villagers have built a shop you can buy stuff from.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Second level of System Shock is quite the difficulty jump. Looking like lead pipe and Sparx aren't going to be cutting it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol jesus, the subnautica death south
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFSHWXhrPjI&hd=1

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rinkles posted:

one very bad example (imo) is Cyberpunkdreams https://store.steampowered.com/app/1361680/cyberpunkdreams/

it's a great turnbased lifesim game, and I bet it would actually sell loads, if it weren't for the energy system that prevents you from playing more than 20 minutes each day

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Timers that tick down only when the game is actively running: Bad. Worse if they implement checks that you're actively playing and pause the timers if you go afk.
Timers that tick down only when the game is closed: Confusing and frustrating. Feels like you're being punished for playing your game.
Timers that tick down all the time including when the game is closed: Fine. Means you can set them going before you go to bed or something. Would prefer not to have to wait though.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I bought it up because of the mercenary missions in Xenoblade 2, which feel like busy work (especially since you have to manually assign blades with the right prerequisites), but they’re also tied to the growth of some special blades so it’s not really ignorable.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ive been telling people "who cares about super mario rpg remake, the OG is already on switch, through the nintendo online snes emulator thing". Turns out I was wrong. It's not on there. I'm sorry

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
That's a horrible thing to lie to people about.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, a big part of the reason people care is that Square Enix has been kinda stingy about letting Nintendo use the original characters from the game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I never liked geno. Mallow ftw :qq:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Perish

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I don't care if any of y'all never play Dead by Daylight but you need to listen to this. It's 9 minutes and 45 seconds of Nic Cage being peak Nic Cage and it's loving amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9gvqrkK2og&t=17s

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Oh I thought he was going to be one of the killers

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

The 7th Guest posted:

either they're a/b testing it or ublock origin already silently updated to bypass that crap cus i have had no issue

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ublock is the only thing that makes the internet even vaguely tolerable. they're goddamn heroes is what they are.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Honestly respect choosing Mallow over Geno

Geno is still badass though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

It would be so much better if he was.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Jay Rust posted:

Ive been telling people "who cares about super mario rpg remake, the OG is already on switch, through the nintendo online snes emulator thing". Turns out I was wrong. It's not on there. I'm sorry

It was on the SNES mini which has been discontinued!

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Ni...em-1238330.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Help Im Alive posted:

Dead by Daylight isn't that interesting