Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So you agree with me then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

So you agree with me then?

yes im sure that the post about how china is as bad a region as sea, posted during the dota 2 tournament, during the match between a chinese and a sea team, had absolutely nothing to do with how good china has been at the previously stated dota 2 tournament where the sea team was playing against the chinese team. just admit that you were wrong and stop posting like jesus christ i don't get why you're being so obnoxious about this. this is literally the dumbest slapfight of all time.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

turn on your monitor

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

shades of blue posted:

yes im sure that the post about how china is as bad a region as sea, posted during the dota 2 tournament, during the match between a chinese and a sea team, had absolutely nothing to do with how good china has been at the previously stated dota 2 tournament where the sea team was playing against the chinese team. just admit that you were wrong and stop posting like jesus christ i don't get why you're being so obnoxious about this. this is literally the dumbest slapfight of all time.

Accept the fact that CHINA IS rear end

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Knock this little slapfight off please.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Nvm

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
A wise old man, serenely: actually, all regions are rear end

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to the chinese revolution tonight

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to the chinese revolution tonight

is the joke that there are no games tonight (unless liquipedia is wrong)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

no I'm just used to tournaments having the day off like halfway through the bracket stage so I thought there were games tonight

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I don't go in for all the regional pride/hate stuff but I do think tournaments are less exciting when LGD isn't playing well, so I'm glad to see they've woken up, at least a bit.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Geight posted:

I don't go in for all the regional pride/hate stuff but I do think tournaments are less exciting when LGD isn't playing well, so I'm glad to see they've woken up, at least a bit.

it's just disappointing for a previously strong region to have a bunch of retires, and then a majority of the follow up talent ousted for cheating. the remaining players are still trying to get a solid footing this season.

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
These games would be a lot better if MLP wasn't screaming whenever a team fight happens, specially when he's 3s too late in terms of reacting to stuff

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Here we go!

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Whoa it’s pudge

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Geight posted:

China in general has historically had tons of players who are probably mechanically best in the world but in the last few years (maybe farther back than that) it feels like they tilt way harder than teams from other regions, especially when you start putting them in situations where they have to adapt on the fly instead of it being something they had prepared/practiced against. It's not even limited to LGD (on either count!) they just happened to be the best team in the last few years.

It's always more fun when they're good because of the pure technical skill level they can display though.

e: also GRABEAT ALLY

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spectacular.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Uhh what is this LGD draft

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
core windranger outfarmed by a pos4 techies

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
LGD is so washed

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Completely unforced draft loss, a nigh-impossible game to win. Let’s pick core Brood and Enigma into a ton of low-cooldown AoE, then put Windranger against Storm. A bunch of flimsy heroes against constant harass plus Bloodseeker. Disrupter for some reason.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
loving techies, man
i have no idea what this game even is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
extremely lol
the 6 rapier snapfire did it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Ahahaha

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
six
goddamn
rapiers

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BC win game 1 using pos1 meepo against GG

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

China in general has historically had tons of players who are probably mechanically best in the world but in the last few years (maybe farther back than that) it feels like they tilt way harder than teams from other regions, especially when you start putting them in situations where they have to adapt on the fly instead of it being something they had prepared/practiced against. It's not even limited to LGD (on either count!) they just happened to be the best team in the last few years.

It's always more fun when they're good because of the pure technical skill level they can display though.

That's exactly how I feel watching them. You get some absolutely ridiculous individual talent but then it all falls apart if the meta changes mid tournament and what they are bringing doesn't cut it anymore

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Crazy how both Chinese teams got knocked down to the loser bracket. Who could have possibly seen that coming.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I’ll stand by my rant before and say that LGD looked like they could hang with Liquid just fine in-game. That series was 100% a strategic loss because of one questionable draft and one beyond-questionable draft.

Aster looked good but just not on Quest’s level. I slept through the other two series.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DPC Update: Clinching scenarios for every team still on the bubble

Needs help:
TSM: Loss in LB1 by one of LGD, beascoast, or Aster

Self controlled destiny:
LGD: Win vs Spirit OR loss by one of beastcoast or Aster
Beastcoast: Win vs Shopify (will the romance continue?) OR loss by Aster AND Quest does not win the major
Aster: win vs 9Pandas

Longshot but still technically possible!
Quest: Win the major AND beastcoast loses to Shopify AND Aster loses to 9Pandas

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 5, 2023

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I am watching Tundra/BB highlights, Tundra is taking their second set of racks, and there are ten minutes left in this video. Obviously this goes to Game 3.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Stop me if you heard this one before: Pure might get his team DQd because he's a loving dumbass

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/14ri5k9/pure_watches_nix_stream_while_game_vs_tundra_is/

quote:

4.9.5 Internet Access

Internet access on tournament computers is limited for all participants. Once the draft begins, all terminals must have only Steam, Dota 2 and TeamSpeak running.

This would give Tundra and Azure Ray FF wins and if the team is forced to replace him due to a tournament ban the point loss from that would move execration into the 12th spot (for now)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 5, 2023

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Funny if true

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The reddit post has a video, you can see it clear as day. He also alt-tabbed to it so who knows how long the window was even open lmao.

Valve will probably either do nothing or just give them a draft penalty

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

IcePhoenix posted:

The reddit post has a video, you can see it clear as day. He also alt-tabbed to it so who knows how long the window was even open lmao

Yeah I was about to say "if???" lol it's all on camera

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I will never click on a reddit

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I will never click on a reddit

Same but twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

The reddit post has a video, you can see it clear as day. He also alt-tabbed to it so who knows how long the window was even open lmao.

Valve will probably either do nothing or just give them a draft penalty

5.2.3 Punishments for Cheating
When cheating is uncovered in the event, the result(s) of the match(es) in question will be voided. The player will be disqualified, forfeit his prize money and be banned from all competitions for a duration of normally 5 years. This duration can be lower, if significant mitigating factors are in play, but also higher, if there are aggravating circumstances.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m_ltQzWjMflEWfWmbou14TfEDSF95V6FJva58J5ulfA/edit#heading=h.ljrjol6nlm18

just lol if that happens, i can't imagine he has a career left if he loses 5 years. frankly he doesn't even have a career now considering he plays Doom only and teams don't respect him enough to even ban it