Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

syzpid posted:

I know I always say someone looks like a star in the making but it never works out that way. Regardless, I think Junior Benito is going to be a big star. The last two Labor Of Love Philly shows he has absolutely stolen the show and if you get a chance to see him definitely take the chance to. I really don't think he is going to be on the indies for a lot longer.

He's a super good dude too. He's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Why oh why won't Coward Tony snap up Maki Itoh?!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Manwithastick posted:

Dominoes will pull its ad revenue if they let another person with a pizza cutter in the ring

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Manwithastick posted:

She wants to stay independent last I heard and it's not like Riho or Sihda who are signed are getting much screen time recently

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Khan can’t sign EVERY good wrestler and use them properly. That’s mathematically impossible.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Tony should fire every male wrestler, hire all the cool women wrestlers and rename AEW as AJW.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
you know, I might watch some aew then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

you know, I might watch some aew then.

I was going to say "same" but tbh nah, unless they also import someone with a solid track record of.booking women

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

He books a lot more women in RoH, 3-4 matches a week (and has main evented multiple shows with them). Still doesn't have the storytelling of the men's division but it's notably better than the TV product

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Just bought tickets to next GCW show in Detroit yesterday, and about 3 hours later they booked Lio Rush v Mike Bailey. Beyond pumped

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

The Taxman posted:

Just bought tickets to next GCW show in Detroit yesterday, and about 3 hours later they booked Lio Rush v Mike Bailey. Beyond pumped

Goddamn

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Taxman posted:

Is that the same venue as last time? Joey Janela vs Komander should be fun too.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Is that the same venue as last time? Joey Janela vs Komander should be fun too.

Yeah, Harpo's. Gonna wear my Kommander shirt I think

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Defy: Heathens is up on Wremix for free. I didn't go to this one because it was down in Portland, but the card kicks rear end.

-Vikingo vs Komander
-Bollywood Boyz vs Second Gear Crew in a street fight for the Tag Team titles
-Laredo Kid vs Grinco Loco vs Aramis to crown the first ever Primolucha Champion
-Vert Vixen & Viva Van vs Amira & Tara Zep
-Cody Chhun vs Arez
-Battle Royal for the rogue PNW belt: Schaff©, Curry Man*, Ricky Gibson, Levi Cooper, Eddie Pearl, Miles Deville, Sebastian Wolfe

*Ravenous Randy Myers lost a Loser Leaves Defy match to Christopher Daniels, then returned as Curry Man to screw with him.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Nice, now I can show it to my buddy.

Loved the Bollywood boyz bit with nan lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I gave up on GCW shows a while back because they just became inconsistent and largely boring but Utami is fighting Billie Starkz this weekend so I might need to re-up Fite+ temporarily.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I gave up on GCW shows a while back because they just became inconsistent and largely boring but Utami is fighting Billie Starkz this weekend so I might need to re-up Fite+ temporarily.

The Backyard show is tomorrow too so this is a good week for GCW. I am tempted to go to Hartford for that show, it's a wacky one.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Oh yeah! Backyard time! :woop:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That is a wild number.

https://twitter.com/TVGrimReaper/status/1676037900637724672

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Apple TV sucks and has like 4 good shows. The only reason we even watched it was because we had Apple TV for Severance.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Apple TV sucks and has like 4 good shows. The only reason we even watched it was because we had Apple TV for Severance.

It has some decent stuff. Severance, Shrinking, Ted Lasso, Silo, Hijack and the movie, Coda are all decent watching. My daughters love the Prehistoric Planet series.

I saw the tile for that wrestling show but it just did not make me want to watch even the first episode.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's a lot of good stuff on AppleTV. Monster Factory is not one of them based on the one episode I watched.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I thought Monster Factory was pretty good based on the first episode but kind of forgot about it after that so I guess I'm part of the problem.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I loved Dickinson, Black Bird, and Central Park on Apple too. Foundation was alright

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Afterparty is very much worth watching if you haven't

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Apple TV+ has the highest quality ratio of any streaming service out there, if only because it has to. With that being said, I saw zero promotion for the Monster Factory docuseries and only found out about it scrolling though.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Apple TV+ has the highest quality ratio of any streaming service out there, if only because it has to. With that being said, I saw zero promotion for the Monster Factory docuseries and only found out about it scrolling though.

Weird way to spell Shudder or Criterion

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Influencer, Brooklyn 45, and the recent season of Slasher are the big reasons I don't think the year's been kinda disappointing (at least compared to normally) for Shudder originals

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Influencer, Brooklyn 45, and the recent season of Slasher are the big reasons I don't think the year's been kinda disappointing (at least compared to normally) for Shudder originals

Shudder having a disappointing year is like AEW having a disappointing Dynamite with a mere 1-2 bangers every single release cycle though. The bar is really high.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:agreed:. Just a bit of a bummer considering it came off a year with a price raise, and the last 2-3 months in general haven't had much new additions

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I watched a couple episodes of See and it was dumb as poo poo

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I only just realized next years Wrestlemania is in Philly. I am so hyped to see a crazy amount of shows in 3 days. Hopefully they do most of them near Philly and not an hour drive out.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

syzpid posted:

I only just realized next years Wrestlemania is in Philly. I am so hyped to see a crazy amount of shows in 3 days. Hopefully they do most of them near Philly and not an hour drive out.

A bunch of smaller promotions that don't regularly promote PA shows are definitely going to just run over the bridge in Jersey to not deal with the commission.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anyone ever been to a Hoodslam show? Turns out they're making their first visit to Mesa Saturday but I can only find two advertised matches and not the full card. (Looked on the website, socials, etc.)

Thinking about checking it out but also don't want to drive out there and spend $25 for only two advertised matches.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
go if you really like weed because half the stuff there is a weed joke and everyone is smoking blunts

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Some of the roster has been murdered at recent shows (RIP Drugz Bunny and Lil Crush) and Joey Janela holds the Champion Ship, so it should be a good time despite having to hear a bro the entire show.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
They killed off Drugz Bunny? :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF why would you kill Drugz Bunny???

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The drugs weren’t going to get him.

Go to Hoodslam.

It’s dumb idiot fun and, hell, that’s me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Anyone planning on going to the UGWA show in the south bay on the 15th? Trying to decide if I wanna go