Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your favorite isekai thought crime
slavery
war crimes
boobs
protags that correctly remember and know how to recreate complex technologies
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brought To You By posted:

I figured there was some leeway and this thing was in the 18th and 19th centuries. Robinson Crusoe is just an easy example that I remember when this topic comes up.
yeah it was brought up months if not years ago about how LN titles resemble old novel titles but I couldn't remember the time frame those were a common thing in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Samurai in another world
If you wanted an isekai where the greatest samurai in history gets to run rampage in a fantasy world. This story is for you. Expect violence :black101:

One thing to note, the translators do this annoying thing where any spread is represented both as individual pages and then immediately after as a merged image. It will cause the chapters to feel like they are stuttering.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Samurai in another world
If you wanted an isekai where the greatest samurai in history gets to run rampage in a fantasy world. This story is for you. Expect violence :black101:

One thing to note, the translators do this annoying thing where any spread is represented both as individual pages and then immediately after as a merged image. It will cause the chapters to feel like they are stuttering.

Reading this.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

drilldo squirt posted:

Reading this.

Same.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Yupp.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Isekai Editor
He did it, he found his artist

Normally someone having a half-fictional race OC character would be amusing in a deviant art kind of way. but for her that's a real thing which makes it doubly funny

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Does anyone here read QA in Another World? Is it worth checking out?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Never heard of it.

Just read the first chapter and it seems interesting.

I wonder if there will be more dick dragons future chapters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's really strange and bleak.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I realized that I could read the first volume of QA in Another World for free on K-Manga and I’m liking it a lot so far. Leaving a man infinitely falling after he clipped through the world is loving brutal

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

thetoughestbean posted:

I realized that I could read the first volume of QA in Another World for free on K-Manga and I’m liking it a lot so far. Leaving a man infinitely falling after he clipped through the world is loving brutal

It's surprisingly grim!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

thetoughestbean posted:

That reminds me of a post in the glitches thread where a torch fell beyond what would normally be the kill plane and fell for real life hours and eventually stopped (part of) the game from working because the game couldn't handle the datapoint for the torch being outside the level geometry. So it could be that if that guy falls far enough, the game world breaks in some unpredictable way.

It was this, I believe.

https://twitter.com/TafferKing451/s...ingawful.com%2F

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 2, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's wild, like a doomsday clock for your game if that happens and you've no way of knowing without a full QA team working on your problem.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Mushoku Tensei S2 ep00 is out.
Not a recap episode.

Nice to see Ariel animated, one of my slight favorites for the side characters, she looks a bit shorter than how I imagined her though.
Slyph just appearing in the sky probably means a boatload of other people did as well, and didn't have magic to save them, so they probably just went *splat*

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/kodanshamanga/status/1675260053325221888?s=46&t=X6-Ut4Z5gjBZ_q10eeG_mg

Finally, an isekai about big (man) boobs

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I remember Nude Model being a thing. Didn't one of the characters in it show up in Blue Period?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy moly, the latest Yakuza Reincarnation, two page spread after two page spread

I love the artstyle of this series so drat much

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I love the artstyle of this series so drat much
The rougher linework does wonders for this series and it is far more readable than the artists work on Ryuuma. As for the chapter
Ryuu wanting to get hosed up on Sake is 100% in line with his character, dude deserves a taste of home after all the crap he's been putting up with. Also, surprise doppelganger incoming.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like how in YR the Demon King's body parts are proper eldritch horrors

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sindai posted:

yeah, I love the "gaze upon the eyeball of the demon king and your own eyeballs disappear", real hosed up

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It's Tea Time for Hinako and Junko and oh boy has this been an encounter I've looked forward too. :allears:

Yes, yes she will. Just you wait.

Sindai posted:

It very much solidifies that the demon king is a massive threat even though he's still currently gimped. Like when he sniped that reformed knight from across the planet purely because his pink finger was destroyed, even his sealed body parts could destroy an entire city if proper maintenance on the sealing weapons is not performed.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kyte posted:

It's surprisingly grim!

For me it went past grim into a sleazy "wait, does the author get off on people being permanently paralyzed but not technically dead since this is happening a LOT for a bunch of different reasons"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It's Tea Time for Hinako and Junko and oh boy has this been an encounter I've looked forward too. :allears:

Yes, yes she will. Just you wait.

Huh, I thought the shadow stuff was just metaphor but I guess she does have some sort of power.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

Huh, I thought the shadow stuff was just metaphor but I guess she does have some sort of power.

The demon made a comment chapters ago that Hinako not accepting a gift made her a "key" I think was the term so at the very least she was still anomalous. But yeah, all of this has really been more metaphorical of Hinako's rage possibly corrupting Alice according to prophecy.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tunicate posted:

For me it went past grim into a sleazy "wait, does the author get off on people being permanently paralyzed but not technically dead since this is happening a LOT for a bunch of different reasons"

It's the realistic outcome for most bugs, really. It's basically what softlock means.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aw man, I just noticed I Am The Only One Who Knows This World Is A Game got axed. that's a shame, it's one of my favorite silly isekai.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
That's a shame. It definitely did the living in a Bethesda glitch world better than any of the other ones I've seen by far.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

a 10 volume run sint bad at all. the TLs just way behind.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

aw man, I just noticed I Am The Only One Who Knows This World Is A Game got axed. that's a shame, it's one of my favorite silly isekai.

Did the novel get translated?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A jargogle posted:

Did the novel get translated?

Yeah all the way thru

I feel like the mangaka didn't quite realize the rhythm of the novel which is
impossible situation ->
protagonist explains complicated and difficult exploit to solve it ->
plan seemingly falls through ->
protag was actually exploiting some other, even stupider bug set up 10 chapters ago, and was making things more difficult and needlessly complex because he loves doing that (which is the only reason he played so lovely a game)

Cutting out a lot of the seemingly pointless stuff early on also cuts out the punchlines later

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jul 5, 2023

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I'm a bit sad it couldn't find a large enough audience, but yeah 10 volumes is a pretty good run.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
most manga adapations of LNs die in like a volume or on a cursed monthly run, so 10 volumes is very impressive

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

GateOfD posted:

most manga adapations of LNs die in like a volume or on a cursed monthly run, so 10 volumes is very impressive

It's weird that some of the ones I follow actually do reasonably well in sales(Undead Adventurer and Faraway Paladin) or are massive juggernauts(Tensei Slime and maybe SLF due to its recent award win). It always gave me the impression that these adaptions do well in general.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tunicate posted:

Yeah all the way thru

I feel like the mangaka didn't quite realize the rhythm of the novel which is
impossible situation ->
protagonist explains complicated and difficult exploit to solve it ->
plan seemingly falls through ->
protag was actually exploiting some other, even stupider bug set up 10 chapters ago, and was making things more difficult and needlessly complex because he loves doing that (which is the only reason he played so lovely a game)

Cutting out a lot of the seemingly pointless stuff early on also cuts out the punchlines later

Web Novel or Light Novel?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there's a new fabiniku

there are...significant changes!

and the ever-reliable reminder that gods are fickle beings, and don't like being told they're bad at their job!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Captain Invictus posted:

there's a new fabiniku

there are...significant changes!

and the ever-reliable reminder that gods are fickle beings, and don't like being told they're bad at their job!

HAHAHAHahahaha yessssss! This is glorious.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Web Novel or Light Novel?

dunno lol, it was an online fantranslation and I don't keep track

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Tunicate posted:

dunno lol, it was an online fantranslation and I don't keep track

If it had pictures it was the LN and if not then it was the WN. Will look for it laterl

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Been reading The Amazing Village Creator: Slow Living with the Village Building Cheat Skill (not on mangadex but on other sites) and it scratches that building sim itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

dipwood posted:

Been reading The Amazing Village Creator: Slow Living with the Village Building Cheat Skill (not on mangadex but on other sites) and it scratches that building sim itch.

Chapter 2, page 7. Dropped reading.