Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

:xickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

But at what cost?!? How this is actually bad for China.

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

if china hits the US's enrage timer too early, the world will be consumed in nuclear hellfire. therefore, any positive development for china is actually bad for china

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Barbie literally grabbing a map, pointing at the sea and saying "And these are the territorial waters of the glorious peoples republic of china"

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

the only good Barbie is Hanoi Jane "Barbarella" Fonda

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ABSCBNNews/status/1676123679422562304?t=j3v5dwJM3EizTuiIo9ZBrw&s=19

Of course our Senators are also going to get in on this

EDIT: the live-action Uncharted movie, DreamWorks's Abominable from 2019, and the Netflix series "Pine Gap", about a CIA outpost in Australia, were all pulled from Philippine markets in prior years due to their respective depictions of the Nine-Dash Line

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 09:12 on Jul 4, 2023

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the barbie movie looks like it will be funny and i appreciate greta gerwig for taking a premise that could have been utter trash and trying to do something fun with it

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
little pinks rise up

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

R. Guyovich posted:

the barbie movie looks like it will be funny and i appreciate greta gerwig for taking a premise that could have been utter trash and trying to do something fun with it

it looks as funny as space jam sorry.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

KomradeX posted:

I still remember all the people who said China is trying to colonize Hong Kong with straight loving faces

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

SorePotato posted:

You have an obligation to support Washington-based Hong Kong anarchists

I wish they were anarchists.

So many folks in the protest were actually happy with how LegCo worked and just wanted to pick their district councilors and reps.

Having a huge chunk on the legislative party decided by business interests was cool and good.

Dumbest loving governmental system in the world

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

R. Guyovich posted:

it definitely does look more interesting and well done then a live action Barbie movie should be

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Tankbuster posted:

space jam owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtATb5FFsDE

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Isentropy posted:

just for reference, the CBC has had one of these people on to whine about Seattle's anti-caste laws. Having worked with people in their 20s who are fully invested in the caste system it is scary how white people seem to be completely incapable of understanding and recognizing what is just another form of bigotry. The person on the CBC made no effort at all to challenge what the Hindutva person was saying and was absolutely loving clueless

Lol, they don't even seem to realize there are latinos who consider themselves white despite sharing the same skin color as me.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Lol, they don't even seem to realize there are latinos who consider themselves white despite sharing the same skin color as me.

your white

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

FrancisFukyomama posted:

aren’t a lot of Indian diaspora respectable liberals in their new countries but enormous reactionaries re:native Indian politics bc most people who make it as middle class professionals outside of India are also high caste but since caste prejudice isn’t really relevant there it doesn’t impact their politics there

They have been RSS rallies for blue candidates in both New Jersey and Texas. Lol

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Does RSS in the US have a political affiliation Venn diagram basically overlapping with the Falun Dafa people?

What's RSS's take on Nikki Haley?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the base of the RSS in the US is gujarati Petit Bourgeoisie who know where the urban bread is buttered. They go team blue for the most part lol.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Tankbuster posted:

yeah the best bet for it to be good is if the company that cut the trailer is full of idiots

Big Bad Idiot
Jun 27, 2023

by vyelkin

that's you, bro

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
they look chinese to me

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Big Bad Idiot posted:

that's you, bro

im the guy right off camera dressed as a harry potter

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1675922108839239682

quote:

I was a de-coupler before de-couping was cool. But we now import more capital goods than we produce for home use, for the first time ever, and China is the 2nd biggest source after Canada. De-coupling is now literally impossible (we need to import more in order to make more).

oh so not only does the consumer goods come from china but so does the industrial machines to make the high value goods too

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/pakotz/status/1676118252794126336?t=08T6jt6xgrngR90j8kotEw&s=19

thank U orb mother

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Danann posted:

oh so not only does the consumer goods come from china but so does the industrial machines to make the high value goods too

weak BYD built fully automated mask factories in weeks during 2020
chad general electric sew them by hand

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/davidpgoldman/status/1675922108839239682

you can't use the master's tools to dismantle the master's house, but you can use the master's tool-making factory to make the tools to dismantle the master's house

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Brandon Proust posted:

you can't use the master's tools to dismantle the master's house, but you can use the master's tool-making factory to make the tools to dismantle the master's house

*only after renting the factory at fair market value and/or entering into a licensing agreement with the master's publicly traded company

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So what is the effect of this say come August 2nd

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

Zhou Enlai posted:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/EnesFreedom/status/1676229440786042881

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I met an Indian fellow who didn't speak english but I'm pretty sure also considered himself white based on his rolling up his sleeve to show me how pale his arm was.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I thought Zhou Enlai said “the capitalists will sell use the rope we’ll hang them with”

edit: oops I guess that wasn’t him

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I thought Zhou Enlai said “the capitalists will sell use the rope we’ll hang them with”

edit: oops I guess that wasn’t him

That was Bob Hoskins in "Death of Stalin"

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Danann posted:

Lathes are cool. precision lathes are real cool. for a tool room lathes, the Hardinge hvl-h was always the standard. great machine.

all the clones coming out of China/Taiwan (but I repeat myself) are just as good. the clones hit a price point under 50% well over a decade ago and Harding stopped making them some years ago. a lot of old timers wax nostalgic about hardinge being better etc, but like dude, they are both dead nuts.

America can’t build the machines to make the machines let alone mobilize craftsman to man them.

anyway thanks for coming to my dunk session

no lube so what has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Jul 5, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

no lube so what posted:

anyway thanks for coming to my dunk session

a real pregame Enes Kanter performance

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Weka posted:

I met an Indian fellow who didn't speak english but I'm pretty sure also considered himself white based on his rolling up his sleeve to show me how pale his arm was.

and did you accept him

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Cuttlefush posted:

and did you accept him

I'm not some arbiter of whiteness, imo if someone claims to be white I would be an awful cad to call them anything but.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

no lube so what posted:

Lathes are cool. precision lathes are real cool. for a tool room lathes, the Hardinge hvl-h was always the standard. great machine.

all the clones coming out of China/Taiwan (but I repeat myself) are just as good. the clones hit a price point under 50% well over a decade ago and Harding stopped making them some years ago. a lot of old timers wax nostalgic about hardinge being better etc, but like dude, they are both dead nuts.

Does china use the same language for cnc as the sest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

That was Bob Hoskins in "Death of Stalin"

drat well it certainly describes America making its dependent on Chinese industry and then going “oh no how could this have happened”