Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

The Chad Jihad posted:

The ttk is too low for me in battlebit, I need to out think people to win and that ship has also sailed. Still having good fun just makes me reminisce about bad company 2

the real life meter is how many squad members are still alive nearby in cover who can revive you while also putting out enough fire to prevent you from getting over run. it's to encourage squad play. that's how u outthnink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

drat, burning shores certainly ends the horizon series on a lovely note

Iiterally everything is a bad retread. the quen show up again except they lay on the sinophobia extra thick this time, the new companion is so similar to aloy I forgot who was speaking most of the time, and the bad guy is a loving lame walt disney pastiche because the studio probably got too much heat about who the rest of zeniths were based off of.

oh since lance reddick is dead and the game didn't sell a billion copies on PS5 there won't be any more lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

battlebit is cool n all but i think i prefer the fancy graphics of the BF games if i was gonna play one of em.

Also no shotguns is cowardly and anti-fun

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Homeless Friend posted:

largely depends on the gunplay. like i'd never be able to do snap headshots point blank with a sniper, but most of battlebit is about positioning/maintaining your cover. its very funny how the games milsim roots meet its casual mechanics i.e. pickaxe for a firing hole vs rpg gently caress you

do you actually still play shooters as much as you did when you could do snap headshots though

cuz like yea I can't hit stuff as well as I used to but it's not like my reaction times are way worse. I just barely play games as much as I used to.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

do you actually still play shooters as much as you did when you could do snap headshots though

cuz like yea I can't hit stuff as well as I used to but it's not like my reaction times are way worse. I just barely play games as much as I used to.

theres two snap shots: mid chest->recoil kick up and headshot. headshot is gone the way of the dino. tho this game its easier with huge head lol. i've been doing medium scope sniper and it rules. like in terms of being jumped on and spinning around to at least open up on em thats still there, but also i probably won't kill em with the headshots needed to beat their ttk.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

RtCW:ET taught me to always go big aim for the head.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i do play on wacky high mouse sens which is why my wrist has been solid for 20 years. so that sprobably part of it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

the trick to proper wrist health is to not be bourgeois office worker scum

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
is it really the office drone thing that wrecks the wrist. wtf are they doing, playing starcraft??? is excel so strenuous?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
(korean crowd roaring as apm shoots through roof as computer toucher job)

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

IIRC Neyrelle or Mephisto (forget which) kind of correctly makes the point that Lilith, as a Hatred demon, absolutely can't be trusted to actually care about supporting Sanctuary. Her whole thing is being an expert at manipulating people, and her actual actions mostly consist of going around everywhere and doing Evil Stuff. The implication (that the game neither confirms nor denies, which was actually smart of it IMO) is that Lilith only wants to use Sanctuary to take over Hell, and that allowing her to absorb Mephisto just facilitates this. But Lilith and/or Neyrelle (forget which again lol) make a similar point about Mephisto - he's a Prime Evil, obviously not a trustworthy guy. Lilith is also likely correct about Mephisto, but is just making that argument towards her own ends of "absorbing Mephisto and taking over Hell herself."

So Neyrelle's plan, that you go along with, is to gently caress them both over by sticking Mephisto in the stone and letting the protagonist kill Lilith (going against both their plans). Though Neyrelle also seems kind of dumb and is likely going to get corrupted by Mephisto while she wanders around with his soul stone. It's very dumb that Lorath is like "we should support the wishes of this moron who is basically going off to do "Dark Wanderer 2.0, Mephisto Edition."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wandered around the Great Plateau in TOTK and man it's kind of shocking to me that Rebuild is gated behind the assumption that the player will naturally want to check out the tutorial area from the first game. It's such a core ability! It's like actually possible to build myself poo poo outside of extremely specific circumstances now and I only found it because I was loving around.

also made a bargain with a giant statue with four eyes hidden leagues below the surface of the earth, sure I won't regret that one

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i hope ralph ineson does more video games

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

Wandered around the Great Plateau in TOTK and man it's kind of shocking to me that Rebuild is gated behind the assumption that the player will naturally want to check out the tutorial area from the first game. It's such a core ability! It's like actually possible to build myself poo poo outside of extremely specific circumstances now and I only found it because I was loving around.

also made a bargain with a giant statue with four eyes hidden leagues below the surface of the earth, sure I won't regret that one

the follow the statue quest is like tailor made to make your 'bullshit quest' sensors go wild and its very funny that one of the main powers is behind it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm actually doing some depths poo poo now and it's cool as gently caress

there are, like, giant minibosses wandering around in the pitch black and you can stumble right into their arenas without noticing them if you don't throw a light seed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My gaming time is limited (parenting) and so I'm not afraid to admit I looked up "how the gently caress do you get past the lost woods" because I can't spend forever waiting to figure this poo poo out and the answer being "go in the depths and figure out a way up" both made sense and is something I never would have figured out on my own

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao fortnite added a broken rear end healing item to the loot pool for the summer event. It has a .5 second use time and gives 100 health and 100 shield.

https://youtube.com/shorts/d1YoZIK2oK0?feature=share

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao fortnite added a broken rear end healing item to the loot pool for the summer event. It has a .5 second use time and gives 100 health and 100 shield.

this guy needs to turn the webcam off.

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Mr Hootington posted:

So epic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

Case of the Golden Idol is insanely good, right up there with Obra Dinn.

yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bro Dad posted:

drat, burning shores certainly ends the horizon series on a lovely note

Iiterally everything is a bad retread. the quen show up again except they lay on the sinophobia extra thick this time, the new companion is so similar to aloy I forgot who was speaking most of the time, and the bad guy is a loving lame walt disney pastiche because the studio probably got too much heat about who the rest of zeniths were based off of.

oh since lance reddick is dead and the game didn't sell a billion copies on PS5 there won't be any more lol

good

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

is it really the office drone thing that wrecks the wrist. wtf are they doing, playing starcraft??? is excel so strenuous?

buddy

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

have you done the dlc yet? is it worth it???

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

Case of the Golden Idol is insanely good, right up there with Obra Dinn.

good to hear, my mother is a big mystery gal but can't video game for poo poo so it's on my hot list to push the buttons for her while she solves the mystery

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al! posted:

have you done the dlc yet? is it worth it???

i dont know there was golden idol dlc

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Real hurthling! posted:

i dont know there was golden idol dlc

the spider of sri lanka. a whole second case if I'm understanding correctly

e: three new "scenarios" whatever that signifies

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

who am i kidding i liked that game enough, i gotta get the dlc anyway

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
why is the thread title this

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agnostalgia posted:

battlebit

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lmfao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah i tend to mute the kids if the scream too much

but i am never mean to them

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Also Fortnite

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Agnostalgia posted:

lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

rofl

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the new title actually reduced the amount of posts per day, amazing

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the new title actually reduced the amount of posts per day, amazing

run. hide.

fight.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2023/07/04/3-dead-8-others-injured-in-fort-worth-shooting-police-say/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
Return of the Obra Dinn was cool when I was first playing it but then it's such a relentless parade of misery throughout that it's hard for me to go back and revisit it later.