Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
beat Dave the Diver, drat i kinda wish i had slowed down toward the end because i still have a ton of things to unlock but now i beat the story already. thought there was more game based on the last 2 fish tanks but i guess that's for DLC

game was excellent. if i had one complaint, i wish it was 3x longer. that's something i don't say very often

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:04 on Jul 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

no other final fantasy has the protagonist say ”this your final fantasy” to the end boss so ff16 is the most final fantasy of them all

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
there's a boss with an attack called "spirits within" so i'm glad square were having fun with this one

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Agnostalgia posted:

why is the thread title this

i yearn to be this level of disengaged from internet

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
did a gamer do a shooting

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Mass Effects Shootings - Editors Note: there still is no 4th game lmao

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
wasn't mass effect a trilogy
why would there be a 4th game

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

punished milkman posted:

did a gamer do a shooting

yeah pretty much all of them actually. hmm. huh,

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mass Effect 4 is now Dragon Age 4. We're sorry for the confusion.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I'm listening to NPR morning update and they started with "And this week's mass shootings include..."

It had the candor of an ESPN pundit giving an update on minor league teams

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

smarxist posted:

i yearn to be this level of disengaged from internet

It's not being disengaged. People outside the US just assume that there's been a mass shooting every single day in the US. So for there to be one referenced in an SA thread title, we assume it's some unique mass shooting, something that separates it from the other mass shootings.

It's be like the news splashing out a headline saying "The Sun Came Up Today!" Like, yeah, we assumed it would. What has happened to make this one headline worthy.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
yeah i had a coworker ask me yesterday if I had heard there was another mass shooting and my honest reaction was Yeah I don't need to hear that, I already know. we didn't change anything so why wouldn't there be?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

I'm listening to NPR morning update and they started with "And this week's mass shootings include..."

It had the candor of an ESPN pundit giving an update on minor league teams

John Madden's Mass Shootings 2023

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Single Player Always Online Mass Shootings as a Service

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
A mass shooting happens everytime time I jump from the battle bus. I have the K/D to prove it.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 14:15 on Jul 5, 2023

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Agnostalgia posted:

why is the thread title this

not sure about the thread title switcharoo but

Groovelord Neato posted:

God drat America.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Battlebit shines so much when the guys youre pushing forward with come under fire and you form an impromptu squad and set up a position. some of the most multi-player fun I've had in an FPS game ever.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

my bony fealty posted:

Battlebit shines so much when the guys youre pushing forward with come under fire and you form an impromptu squad and set up a position. some of the most multi-player fun I've had in an FPS game ever.

actually it's when you c4 a helicopter, ifv or humvee and you hear the confusion of everyone who was just inside of it in prox chat

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Lol, I thought it was a bug in the awful app.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I missed the summer event launch trailer.
https://twitter.com/FortniteGame/status/1676215044051271680?t=u-9wnZGdM3G7gjr8lErMSw&s=19
They always have great trailers. 👍

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mass Gamings - Editor's Note: The Sound of Children Slurring Has Been Removed

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

is the thread title about Hoot pwning some kids in fortnite?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Buck Wildman posted:

hearty lol.

this would be a good title

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Buck Wildman posted:

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
do people not use bookmarks? this is gaming erasure!

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's not being disengaged. People outside the US just assume that there's been a mass shooting every single day in the US. So for there to be one referenced in an SA thread title, we assume it's some unique mass shooting, something that separates it from the other mass shootings.

It's be like the news splashing out a headline saying "The Sun Came Up Today!" Like, yeah, we assumed it would. What has happened to make this one headline worthy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/05/fourth-of-july-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Doing some light reading to figure out if the reference is yesterday's shooting with 5 fatalities, the one with dozens of casualties including 15 children, or one of the other 14 mass shootings

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 71 days!

A Bag of Milk posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jul/05/fourth-of-july-mass-shootings-gun-violence

Doing some light reading to figure out if the reference is yesterday's shooting with 5 fatalities, the one with dozens of casualties including 15 children, or one of the other 14 mass shootings

gently caress off back to your freak thread chud, this is the video games thread

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Buck Wildman posted:

Lmao

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

A Bag of Milk posted:

weird thread to post mass shootings in, op

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

A Bag of Milk posted:

it's over you, try to backread a little next time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

is this the games thread again, or should I talk about postal just to be safe

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

aw frig aw dang it posted:

weird thread to post mass shootings in, op

this is the thread about the hobby that causes mass shootings though? :confused:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Every day's great at your Junes

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

indigi posted:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

indigi posted:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Bro Dad posted:

drat, burning shores certainly ends the horizon series on a lovely note

Iiterally everything is a bad retread. the quen show up again except they lay on the sinophobia extra thick this time, the new companion is so similar to aloy I forgot who was speaking most of the time, and the bad guy is a loving lame walt disney pastiche because the studio probably got too much heat about who the rest of zeniths were based off of.

oh since lance reddick is dead and the game didn't sell a billion copies on PS5 there won't be any more lol

is Forbidden West worth playing? I liked the original one and it was very pretty as the first game I played on my new monitor

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

indigi posted:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

"Lmao the town so podunk the little kid loves the department store "
Me, for whom a BW3 trip was the highlight of a month: *red-faced, sweating*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

crepeface posted:

is Forbidden West worth playing? I liked the original one and it was very pretty as the first game I played on my new monitor

I enjoyed it but I’ve got low standards.