Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

MoonCrab posted:

New BP weapons. I will never get these, so BP enjoyers can form their own opinions :effort:
You can't name a weapon "Sacrificial" anything if it's not part of the Sacrificial cycle! You absolute clowns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Oh, wait a sec, those craftables and pipe are refinement 1. Then the bow and claymore might have enough raw stats to be decent if you can trigger them at full HP, actually, and the sword and catalyst are just generally solid. The spear feels like a plant for a future unit, though I guess if you're using Thoma as a shielder and still have a healer for some reason it might be decent in a quickswap team...?

The bond of life mechanic is a pretty neat way to reward healing while not requiring you to take damage. Thing to note: Bennett can pop bonds of life near instantly, so even quickswap units can use him without needing a full-party healer. Nice to see him finally getting a buff :thumbsup:

The pipe, I dunno. Festering desire is right. So many things need to line up to make something like this useful. It'd need to be a burst-dependent unit that primary deals damage using their skill. The only one I can think of is Faruzan C6. Or someone like Yun Jin, who just wants The Most ER and doesn't really want to build crit for fav. Maybe there'll be a sword unit like that some day.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Freminet has a penguin? Mihoyo, don't make me torn between two Cryo claymore boys.

Also, they're finally trying to do something with shatter?!

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Maxwells Demon posted:

I remember them fixing that so it will now count you killing bosses when Battle Pass comes up later this week.

Weekly stuff counts, but daily doesn't.

So ideally, you do as much weekly poo poo as you can before the patch, drop resin just enough to not cap during maintenance, but otherwise leave dailies alone until after the patch goes live.

gandlethorpe posted:

Freminet has a penguin? Mihoyo, don't make me torn between two Cryo claymore boys.

Also, they're finally trying to do something with shatter?!

this is a psy-op to get me to abandon my guarantee for kokomi and pull eula, and i won't fall for it

Tree Reformat fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 4, 2023

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Those BP weapons are so weird this round. It's really hard for me to say who or what they are for beyond I guess the bow works for Ganyu or Tighnari I guess?

Tree Reformat posted:

Weekly stuff counts, but daily doesn't.

So ideally, you do as much weekly poo poo as you can before the patch, drop resin just enough to not cap during maintenance, but otherwise leave dailies alone until after the patch goes live.

this is a psy-op to get me to abandon my guarantee for kokomi and pull eula, and i won't fall for it

Freminent and Eula are both field hogs so they compete not compliment each other.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lyney has no charge attack speed up mechanic????? Are they insane???? I cant play that crap!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Those new BP weapons look weird and weak, except for maybe the bow. The claymore especially, with it seemingly wanting you to get affected by element auras.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The spear seems crazy. CR substat with 240EM passive at R5 if I'm understanding it right.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
That spear is actually, genuinely insane. I love it.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

No Wave posted:

The spear seems crazy. CR substat with 240EM passive at R5 if I'm understanding it right.
I'm trying to think of who would want it out of the current roster and am forced to conclude it's a Raiden hyperbloom spear and that bothers me because EM Raiden feels wrong. It'd be incredibly broken as any other weapon type, certainly.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Polearm looks good but boring. Certainly preferable to Deathmatch in most cases. But there's tons of good polearms already, it wouldn't entice me to get the BP.

It doesn't seem that insane, thinking about it more. Like definitely another busted Xiangling weapon, but hyperbloom/burgeon doesn't care about the crit, and a catalyze team would need to run a third element to make use of it for a slight upgrade over other options.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 4, 2023

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
There is such a thing as Quickbloom teams where the crit would very much matter, it's possible to have hyperbloom team with decent quicken aura uptime. Probably will end up being a pretty great weapon in Cyno's hands.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's an amazing Hu Tao weapon, who already likes Deathmatch and who prefers EM to Atk. Hu Tao/Double/Hydro/Zhongli, 3 elements. The new "Burger Tao" teams that use Baizhu instead of Zhongli appreciate it even more. And of course, there's still the overvape variations with just 1 hydro.

Deathmatch is also already better than The Catch on aggravate Raiden, and this is a little better still. Aggravate scales hardest with crit and damage%, so the generic Raiden build usually ends up becoming an aggravate monster, completely on accident. Oops! Raiden/Fischl/Anemo/Baizhu, where the last 3 units could be anyone that vaguely fills their roles.

Rosaria, is here too. Rosaria/Bennett/Blah/Blah, one of them is dendro or anemo. Personally I've been liking her a lot as a flex unit in burgeon teams, where this would make her burning-removing melts hit decently harder.

Cyno usually runs a quickbloom team nowadays, which has a minimum of 3 elements already. Raiden can ALSO do this, even while not particularly building EM. Nahida + Baizhu + dendro resonance already allows a nearly EM-less Raiden to hit 20k hyperblooms (I checked)

Also, yeah, it's a weapon that Xiangling can equip that raises 2 of the stats that Xiangling wants to raise :effort:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

You know, I really like Collei. She's a person that has quite a lot of layers to her and if you didn't read the prequel manga (which is about her), you'd probably never realize how suicidal, pessimistic, and depressed she used to be

Basically I wish she was better in gameplay is where this train of thought is leading me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Meowywitch posted:

You know, I really like Collei. She's a person that has quite a lot of layers to her and if you didn't read the prequel manga (which is about her), you'd probably never realize how suicidal, pessimistic, and depressed she used to be

Basically I wish she was better in gameplay is where this train of thought is leading me
Genius Invokation Collei is the collei we deserve...

EDIT: lymey bennett xinyan kazuha. building emblem xinyan now.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jul 5, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

I haven't read the manga, but otherwise yeah, I agree. I like her character (she was great in the Windblume Festival), I like her design, and while she stayed with me for most of Sumeru, once I got better Dendro characters it was hard to go back to her. Nahida's just too good, sorry Collei

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Collei is pretty good in Nilou teams, arguably a first choice in Nilou/Kokomi/Nahida/X setups.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

No Wave posted:

Genius Invokation Collei is the collei we deserve...

Genius Invokation TCG* Collei

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh my god, the map shows you where your quests are when you pull up the map now. That's so helpful!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
The trials (mostly) being less terrible because they actually included gacha only characters instead of "everyone gets lisa and kaeya, good luck" is a much needed improvement.

Though I laughed when I realized the Razor and Mika trials are the exact same team and enemies, just different character mapped to slot 1.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wow, this banner is easily a contender for worst 4* lineup ever, and both the 5* characters are niche to boot. Even the disaster that was Keqing's banner had Bennett at least.

Although she is a good character, Klee's playstyle is very much an acquired taste, and we have no shortage of other excellent pyro DPSs.
Eula may be the best physical DPS, but that's not saying much since physical damage is rear end, and she's also annoying to play since her big damage is backloaded.
Even the weapon banner is pretty bad, since the one and only character who wants Pines is Eula (Razor wants EM now that dendro is a thing) and its 4*s are meh.

I feel sorry for all the desperate Eula-wanters who are being forced to pull on a terrible banner because Eula will never be back ever again. Dirty move on hoyo's part.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

sushibandit posted:

Wow, this banner is easily a contender for worst 4* lineup ever, and both the 5* characters are niche to boot. Even the disaster that was Keqing's banner had Bennett at least.

Although she is a good character, Klee's playstyle is very much an acquired taste, and we have no shortage of other excellent pyro DPSs.
Eula may be the best physical DPS, but that's not saying much since physical damage is rear end, and she's also annoying to play since her big damage is backloaded.
Even the weapon banner is pretty bad, since the one and only character who wants Pines is Eula (Razor wants EM now that dendro is a thing) and its 4*s are meh.

I feel sorry for all the desperate Eula-wanters who are being forced to pull on a terrible banner because Eula will never be back ever again. Dirty move on hoyo's part.
I only put 20 Pulls in and got EULA, Mika x2. Best result, really.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

drat those really are some awful banners

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i got a yaoyao while pulling for eula :)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

oh my god whenever Klee goes

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just got Amos Bow on a standard pull-athon after saving up Acquaint faint tokens I got from levelling characters for about half a year. Short of getting Mona another 5 star bow is nice.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've transitioned into full "hoarding my primos for Fontaine" mode, but I did manage to sneak in a Thoma on Eula's banner. Now Kaveh's the only 4-star I'm missing. The one that got away...

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

sushibandit posted:

Yeah, I already had Eula so I was good on her, but I don't have Klee and boy do I not want to pull for Klee.

I don't even have Mika, either, but I already have a C6 Thoma and Razor, I don't want more of them (which I would assuredly pull instead of Mika or Klee)

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
Sure was a choice to drop the Fontaine teaser before this banner, huh.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

sushibandit posted:

:negative: it was maximum pain too. That they had to put that useless loving chocobo on her banner instead of Rosaria is so loving cruel. But at least I finally have Eula. Took a whole year, but she's home. Still only have c0 Rosaria too....80 wishes to get Mona'd, 75 til Eula showed up, tried for her c1 and got another Mona at 77. At least I won on the weapon banner and only had to go to 71 to pick it up. Only got one fav lance. Just absolutely miserable.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
surely at least the abyss'll be phys friendly for eula

right?

weapon banner does look terrible, even if i have no idea what most of the things it's featuring are.

does thoma even work passably well with eula? i know people are more keen on him for dendro reasons, but that's rather besides the point here……

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
So, uh, the event cutscenes. They really, really want to do their Bocchi the Rock spinoff thing from Windblume Redux again, huh? Social anxiety for everyone not named Klee, Kaeya, or Traveler/Paimon, I guess!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
lol i watched eimi get a eula sandwich with monas for bread

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
They had so little confidence in Mika as Eula's support/healer that they put Diona in their trial team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

idk why you all hate mika so much. I like using him and he's a huge step above the dori/candaces of the game.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
Everyone desperately wanted him to be the support that'd make physical teams good and he's not.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

When 30 AS and 60 crit dmg doesnt make fischl left click good I really think the expectations might have been a little out of hand. Or there was a lack of awareness of just how insanely behind physical teams were.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 5, 2023

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I don't think that many people have c6 mika, before than he is kinda useless on most phys teams. On average he just provides 20% phys buff and his crowned 22% attack speed buff usually translates into next to nothing, for example Eula barely gets 1 more hit for her ult sequence out of it.

Maybe if it was actually 30% attack speed buff it would be more noticeable? Hard to say since hitlag just neuters most attack speed buffs so hard.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I think that big cave puzzle in the south totally spoils the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Redmark posted:

Collei is pretty good in Nilou teams, arguably a first choice in Nilou/Kokomi/Nahida/X setups.

Better than characters who buff bloom like Baizhu or Kaveh, even? What's special about her in that context?