Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Get paid Bobby and show the world how white your teeth can get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Bobby noooo

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i thought he would be a great upgrade to Viera if the wages could be worked out, but I think the current trend will be more common as long as the money floweth

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfaihaFlcSg

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:smith:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

greazeball posted:

Get paid Bobby and show the world how white your teeth can get

them teeth reflecting the desert sun, gonna be thermonuclear

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

They're trying solar thermal energy again and need Bobby's heliostat teeth

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mason Mount to United is done

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/official-man-utd-sign-mason-mount-from-chelsea

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nothing says ambition like selling anyone who showed any life at all last season to direct rivals.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Boehly sees no reason why they can't win every game 3-0.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Do I make you orny baby

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1676562908254285827?s=46

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Why/how are Arsenal spending so much money?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Arsenal signing a new RB every summer challenge

sebzilla posted:

Got cash :tenbux:

Real answer: I think we’ll learn more of the details by the time Swiss Ramble can get around it, but I’m guessing cutting the high wage earners the past few years has really helped cash flow. None of these deals are FIFA-style “all the cash in one barrel at time of purchase,” so some magic combo of having more cash coming through and paying these deals across multiple years.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 5, 2023

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
There’s no way Declan Rice is worth 100 mil

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Arsenal were hosed for a very long time paying for the stadium

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

sebzilla posted:

They've spent a fuckload of money since Arteta, really.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
We brought our wage bill down substantially - on par with spurs. Now we have CL money, and will raise a decent amount in player sales. 20m for Xhaka, should get 35-40m for Balogun, 6m for Mari, then we will see what happens with Holding and Tierney. Also a chance we might be able to dump Partey in Saudi Arabia if he doesn't go to jail and get another 35-40m - in which case we will probably be back in the market for more players.

I'd guess we are aiming for a 150m net spend. We also shouldn't need to spend huge amounts of money in the future. If we need a better striker than Jesus next summer, or better LB than Zinchenko, we will be able to sell those players to fund their replacement. If we can get rid of everyone we want to get rid of, Matt Turner, Trossard, and Jorginho will be the only players in the squad over the age of 26.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Thought he would've signed for Forest tbh

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
We've also got one of, if not the, highest match day earnings in the league due to a combination of London prices and a shitload of corporate boxes and an entire premium "club level" tier between the upper and lower stands. Now the stadium is pretty much paid off (or at least not a major expense) we're sitting pretty financially.

Especially now all the stupid late Wenger era megaearners are gone.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Think you're around the same as tottenham/liverpool but a fair margin behind man utd

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

TheRat posted:

Think you're around the same as tottenham/liverpool but a fair margin behind man utd

Yeah for a while I know it was #1 but it looks like others have upped their ripoff game and managed to catch or surpass us. Still a good chunk of change though.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I assume there's also a strong desire to build on last season and push for the title again which means spending big money to build squad depth since that really bit Arsenal when it mattered and this year they've got the CL to contend with as well

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Dudley posted:

Nothing says ambition like selling anyone who showed any life at all last season to direct rivals.

From what I read Mount was always on the chopping block because he's homegrown which from an FFP standpoint means a sale is pure profit

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Masonity posted:

Yeah for a while I know it was #1 but it looks like others have upped their ripoff game and managed to catch or surpass us. Still a good chunk of change though.

Hospitality is very good at hoovering up tourists who decide they want to watch a match but haven't thought ahead and are trying to get a ticket a few days before

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1676504327240790017

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

he killed my father

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1676610800901844994

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
seems like it is in fact very possible

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/SLBenfica/status/1676653225880035328?t=JF-bPgM0kR4rncPfI4s8jg&s=19

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
People say Sarah Jesssica-Parker looks like a foot but Di Maria is the foot-lookingest motherfucker there ever was

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Butterfly Valley posted:

People say Sarah Jesssica-Parker looks like a foot but Di Maria is the foot-lookingest motherfucker there ever was

He looks like South American Moff Tarkin

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

vyelkin posted:

From what I read Mount was always on the chopping block because he's homegrown which from an FFP standpoint means a sale is pure profit

also sources say that Ten Hag very much sold Mount on coming to United, to the point that he was either going to do so now or in a year for free

sources also say that Todd Bohlzahlez is mad as heck about it, which justifies the fee on its own

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

also sources say that Ten Hag very much sold Mount on coming to United, to the point that he was either going to do so now or in a year for free

They gave him the 7 shirt which apparently was a big deal. Who can forget Antonio Valencia for the only season he was bad at United, Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Michael Owen, Alexis Sanchez, and Edinson Cavani also covering that shirt in glory.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

United was probably the only CL club willing to pay his wages. People wildly overstate the manager’s role in these things. Someone said Arteta played a major role in Rice’s decision like Arsenal wasn’t literally the only club willing to match both West Ham and Rice’s demands.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Shrapnig posted:

They gave him the 7 shirt which apparently was a big deal. Who can forget Antonio Valencia for the only season he was bad at United, Angel Di Maria, Memphis Depay, Michael Owen, Alexis Sanchez, and Edinson Cavani also covering that shirt in glory.

Holy poo poo Cavani played for Man Utd, forgot that lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He was a very good player for United which I said he would be when everyone was poo-pooing the transfer :c00l:

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Super happy about this, even if he cant go the full 90 mins anymore.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Were United ultimately the ones who bit on the Michael Owen brochure?

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Just saw this on BBC gossip:

quote:

Tottenham have made England forward Harry Kane, 30, an offer to remain with the club that would hugely improve his current £200-a-week salary. (Guardian)

No wonder he wants to leave.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

Were United ultimately the ones who bit on the Michael Owen brochure?

Pretty sure that was Newcastle. United bought him after actually watching him play :laugh: