Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Collision 7/1

HM: MJF vs. Ethan Page
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Dustin Rhodes
HM: Lady Frost vs. Kris Statlander
MOTYC: Roderick Strong vs. Samoa Joe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Roderick Strong vs. Samoa Joe - AEW Collision 7/1

Knew this was gonna be good before it started, felt the same way after it was over. :hmmyes:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Jerusalem posted:

Knew this was gonna be good before it started, felt the same way after it was over. :hmmyes:

nth

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Jerusalem posted:

nth

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

MassRafTer posted:

AEW Rampage 6/30

MOTYC: Claudio Castagnoli vs Komander
HM: Hikaru Shida vs Taya Valkyrie

Go out of your way to see Claudio vs Komander, they go even crazier than you'd expect.

Nth. Claudio is the strongest man in the world and Komander decided to do every trick in his book and invent some new ones for this.

Pylons posted:

AEW Collision 7/1

HM: MJF vs. Ethan Page
HM: Powerhouse Hobbs vs. Dustin Rhodes
HM: Lady Frost vs. Kris Statlander
HM: Roderick Strong vs. Samoa Joe

Nthing these as well with one minor tweak

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Summer Action Series July 2nd
MOTYC
Evolution (Dan Tamura and Hikaru Sato) and Ryo Kawamura vs Rising HAYATO, Soma Watanabe and Ryo Inoue
- gently caress me what a hot opener

Yuji Nagata (c) vs Yuma Aoyagi - Triple Crown
- Old man's still got a bit of gas left

HM
Kento Miyahara and T-Hawk vs Tomaki Honma and Ren Ayabe
Atsuki Aoyagi (c) vs El Lindaman - PWF World Jr Championship

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

MOTYC
12th May
New Japan Best of Super Juniors Night 1
Best of Super Juniors A Block
Hiromu Takahashi vs Mikey Bailey
Watch this here

Best NJPW match since Okada vs Shingo in February.

nth

Stardom Midsummer Champions 07.02.2023

MOTYC: Starlight Kid vs Nanae Takahashi.
MOTYC: MIRAI vs Tam Nakano (c) for the Wonder of Stardom championship
MOTYC: Natsupoi vs Saori Anou Indian Strap Match

Forbidden Door 06.25.2023

MOTYC: The Black Pool Combat Club, Shota Umino and Konosuke Takeshita vs The Elite, Eddie Kingston and Tomohiro Ishii
MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs Daniel Garcia vs Zack Sabre Junior vs Katsuyori Shibata
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Kenny Omega

AEW Dynamite 06.28.2023
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs Tomohiro Ishii

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

HM: Women's MITB Ladder Match - WWE Money in the Bank 7/1

This nomination is mostly for the insanely cool finish. But really a solid match overall.

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016

Crapple! posted:

Stardom in Sunshine 6.25.2023

MOTYC: Queen's Quest vs Oedo Tai- Loser leaves unit cage match

Nth this owned

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Dragongate Kobe Pro-Wrestling Festival 2023 - 7/2/23

HM:
Hiromu Takahashi vs YAMATO
Twin Gate: Kanda & Susumu vs BxB Hulk & Ben-K
Triangle Gate: Kzy/Shimizu/Kamei vs Doi/Minoura/Minorita
Dream Gate: Madoka Kikuta vs Yuki Yoshioka

-Each could've been MOTYC with another 5 minutes, but they clearly shaved time off the undercard for...

MOTYC:
Mask vs Mask Survival Cage Match:
Ultimo Dragon vs Dragon Kid vs Shun Skywalker vs Diamante vs Strong Machine J
watch here

-DG cage matches almost never miss, and this had multiple dovetailing storytelling through wrestling. Everyone had great moments and spots, with some excellent turns and a really emotional aftermath. Not as much insanity with the rules and wacky interference as past years, but the build had a more serious tone anyway.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MOTY: Bobby Beverly vs Doctor Redacted
MOTY: Jaden Newman vs Danny Demanto
ICW No Holds Barred vol 49
July 1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Throwing these in before the main event which I expect to blow everything else out of the water:

HM: Willow Nightingale & Momo Koho vs. Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Thekla) - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1
HM: Catch 2/2 (C) vs. Bullet Club (Connors & Moloney) for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1

Both very different but very cool matches, with the former setting up some delightful prospective future matches, and the latter just doing some crazy poo poo at a wild pace.

Edit:

MOTYC: El Desperado & Jun Kasai vs. Jon Moxley & Homicide in a Doomsday No DQ Match - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1

This was crazy, and then suddenly 15 minutes had gone by and Moxley and Despy have to do this again tomorrow :stonklol:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 4, 2023

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Throwing these in before the main event which I expect to blow everything else out of the water:

HM: Willow Nightingale & Momo Koho vs. Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Thekla) - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1
HM: Catch 2/2 (C) vs. Bullet Club (Connors & Moloney) for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1

Both very different but very cool matches, with the former setting up some delightful prospective future matches, and the latter just doing some crazy poo poo at a wild pace.

Nth these two. And

MOTYC: Jon Moxley & Homicide vs. Jun Kasai & El Desperado

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

NJPW STRONG Independence Day 2023 7/4

HM: Catch 2/2 (C) vs. Bullet Club (Connors & Moloney) for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles

MOTYC: Homicide & Jon Moxley vs. El Desperado & Jun Kasai

Just everything you'd expect it to be in the best possible way. No holding back at all and a perfect NJPW debut for Jun Kasai.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Big Dave posted:

MOTY: Bobby Beverly vs Doctor Redacted
MOTY: Jaden Newman vs Danny Demanto
ICW No Holds Barred vol 49
July 1

2nd

Both matches were loving nuts

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Stardom Midsummer Champions 2 July 2023

HM: Mina Shirakawa & Mariah May vs. Syuri & Ami Sohrei
MOTYC: Tam Nakano vs. Mirai
HM: Natsupoi vs. Saori Anou

Edit: upgraded one match to MOTYC.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 5, 2023

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
HM: Emanon vs. Aerial Crow - Ultraviolent 2 out of 3 Doors Match - GCW Backyard Wrestling 5 - 7/4

loving lol and ow

(edit: spelling)

graph fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 5, 2023

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Bonk posted:

HM:
Hiromu Takahashi vs YAMATO
Twin Gate: Kanda & Susumu vs BxB Hulk & Ben-K
Triangle Gate: Kzy/Shimizu/Kamei vs Doi/Minoura/Minorita
Dream Gate: Madoka Kikuta vs Yuki Yoshioka

-Each could've been MOTYC with another 5 minutes, but they clearly shaved time off the undercard for...

MOTYC:
watch here

-DG cage matches almost never miss, and this had multiple dovetailing storytelling through wrestling. Everyone had great moments and spots, with some excellent turns and a really emotional aftermath. Not as much insanity with the rules and wacky interference as past years, but the build had a more serious tone anyway.

2nd
This is a good summation of my thoughts.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom Midsummer Champions 2 July 2023

HM: Mina Shirakawa & Mariah May vs. Syuri & Ami Sohrei
HM: Tam Nakano vs. Mirai
HM: Natsupoi vs. Saori Anou

I could go MOTY on the latter two.
Nth but I will go motyc on tam v mirai

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

MOTYC: El Desperado & Jun Kasai vs. Jon Moxley & Homicide in a Doomsday No DQ Match - NJPW Strong Independence Day Night 1

This was crazy, and then suddenly 15 minutes had gone by and Moxley and Despy have to do this again tomorrow :stonklol:

Nth fantastic show.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Jerusalem posted:

Crowd really made this show. The whole top half of the card was good but the semi and main really stood out. The semi is just some beautiful junior tag stuff. Starts with a sick brawl up in the stairs at Korakuen. Crowd was super hot for Catch 2/2 and hell, same. Akira lives up to his fireball nickname. There was a conversation recently about New Japan's young guys and I think a lot of their foreign talent is already doing sick matches like this one in their 20s. Beautiful finishing stretch. I could see these guys running it back with plenty more to show.

The main event, god drat. Jun Kasai tells a story with his death matches more than anyone I've seen. I've seen guys come in, bleed all over the place, use up a thousand dollars worth of light tubes, but barely sell anything and then someone hits their finisher and the match is over. Violent spectacle for sure, but Kasai builds his matches different. All the guys were really into it but the relationship between Desperado and Kasai is what elevated it to MotYC. If you're all right with blood but never vibed with death matches, give this one a shot.

And Mox and Despy gotta do this again tomorrow, what the hell.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Dimebags Brain posted:

2nd
This is a good summation of my thoughts.

nth, but also adding this match from the same night:

HM: Jason Lee (c) vs ISHIN for the Open the Brave Gate Championship

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HM: Eddy Thorpe vs Damon Kemp, NXT Underground match(lol) NXT 7/4/23

NXT is a dumpsterfire, but goddamn it, this match was a wild sprint.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Bonk posted:

HM:

watch here

Giving this one an HM. Probably would be a MotYC if I knew the first thing about Dragon Gate. But it's still an awesome match well worth the view.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BAKA Gaijin + Friends Vol.6 July 4th
HM

Masahiro Takanashi vs ASUKA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1boddXaP0&t=4675s

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Edit:

Yeah agreed..Despy and Moxley are crazy and are doing it again tonight god drat

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Bandido vs. Hijo del Vikingo vs. Pagano vs. Sam Adonis, Rey de Reyes Final, AAA Rey de Reyes, 2/5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P057XvduKQ&t=3034s

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NJPW STRONG Independence Day 7/5

MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Giulia
HM: Eddie Kingston vs. KENTA
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. El Desperado

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Pylons posted:

MOTYC: Willow Nightingale vs. Giulia

Nth just so good

closet statist
Mar 9, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tomohiro Ishii and The DKC vs. Team Filthy - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5
This was fun :)

HM: Willow Nightingale (C) vs. Giulia for the Strong Women's Championship - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5
This was fun and good :)

MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Jon Moxley in a Final Death Match - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5
High pitched panicked screams but I can't take my eyes off what is happening

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
STRONG Independence Day should absolutely be an annual thing. The crowd was absolutely there to see some more American-style wrestling, the matches were excellent and it gets in wrestlers that the crowd might not normally see on a full tour of Japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

STRONG Independence Day should absolutely be an annual thing. The crowd was absolutely there to see some more American-style wrestling, the matches were excellent and it gets in wrestlers that the crowd might not normally see on a full tour of Japan

I think it will be now we're out of the pandemic restrictions. It fills that slot the Honor Rising shows would fill (not in the calendar, but the concept) where Cheeseburger often ended up as one of the most over men in Korakuen. I think them being PPVs kinda sucks but I think PPVs suck as a value proposition for consumers.

Anyway

HM
4th July
Baka Gaijin + Friends Vol.6: The Art of Self-Destruction
ASUKA vs Masahiro Takanashi
Watch this here

HM
4th July
New Japan Strong Independence Day Night 1
Kosei Fujita vs Tom Lawlor
Watch this here

HM
4th July
NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Titles
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)(c) vs Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd)
Watch this here

HM
4th July
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles
Catch 22 (Francesco Akira & TJP) vs Bullet Club (Clark Connors & Drilla Moloney)
Watch this here

MOTYC
4th July
Doomsday No DQ Match
El Desperado & Jun Kasai vs Homicide & Jon Moxley
Watch this here

This mean event will not be for everyone but it very much was for me. I'm on the border of ****½ & ****¾ here, it was an absolutely great match that started as a vicious walk & brawl through the crowd & then turned into a bloodfest when they got back in the ring. If you like wild brawling & guys bleeding everywhere? Heavily recommended.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Abismo Negro Jr. vs. Bandido vs. Komander vs. Psycho Clown, AAA February 5
HM: Hijo del Vikingo vs. Mecha Wolf vs. Myzteziz Jr. vs. Negro Casas, AAA February 5

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

forkboy84 posted:

HM
4th July
Kosei Fujita vs Tom Lawlor
Watch this here

HM
4th July
NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Titles
Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)(c) vs Bullet Club War Dogs (Alex Coughlin & Gabe Kidd)
Watch this here

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tomohiro Ishii and The DKC vs. Team Filthy - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5
HM: Willow Nightingale (C) vs. Giulia for the Strong Women's Championship - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5
MOTYC: El Desperado vs. Jon Moxley in a Final Death Match - NJPW Independence Day Night 2 7/5

Pylons posted:

Nth. Super fun shows boosted by an insane crowd.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
From last Saturday's Collision:

HM: Ethan Page vs. MJF (c), AEW World
HM: Roderick Strong vs. CM Punk

Easily the weakest one so far, but both sneaked into a high enough rating for me.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Been catching up with ROH Honor Club

22/6

HM: Gringo Loco vs Willie Mack
HM: Athena vs Kiera Hogan

29/6

HM: Lucha Bros, Vikingo & Komander vs The Workhorsemen, Shane Taylor & Gringo Loco
HM: The Embassy vs LIJ
HM: El Desperado vs Willie Mack

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Punch McLightning posted:

From last Saturday's Collision:

HM: Roderick Strong vs. CM Punk

On'tday etlay hemtay nowkay boutaay hetay lternateaay ealityray assagewaypay, unchpay :argh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
2nd July
All Japan Summer Action Series Night 1
Triple Crown Title
Yuji Nagata(c) vs Yuma Aoyagi

HM
12th February
Big Japan in Korakuen
Kazuki Hashimoto & Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi) vs Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue & Yuya Aoki

Worth watching for the Okabayashi Aoki interactions alone.

Phone posting so will post links tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

MOTYC
12th February
Big Japan in Korakuen
BJW Junior Heavyweight Title
Kota Sekifuda (c) vs Fuminori Abe

Bit slow to start and then the violence ramps up