Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

I think if the opponent is dazed you can activate a signature/finisher from just about anywhere in the right ballpark and your guy will do the last of the positioning automatically, just to save you the setup

Unless it’s a corner move. I have to manually rotate to do a burning hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Had to alt+f4 on the Paul Wight match twice because it's a dumb challenge and I'm bad. 3rd times a charm, tho. Stay outside the ring, grapple kicks, throw him into barricades and send him to the fairest barricade at 8 count and slip in the ring for a count out. gently caress 'Show. Only need Owen now and like a billion mini games I guess.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Patch just went out, apparently exclusively to address the crashing problems

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Just realized that they also don't allow female attire parts on male wrestlers in the CAW system, and there's no way for your wrestler to wear a shirt in the ring

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dacap posted:

Just realized that they also don't allow female attire parts on male wrestlers in the CAW system,

Yeah this is pretty annoying tbh. I don't know why we need separate pools of parts like that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What I want most is the ability to put stuff on top of masks and to have more entrance only attire. And I want my masked wrestler to be able to walk around in the mask and suit in street wear

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dacap posted:

Just realized that they also don't allow female attire parts on male wrestlers in the CAW system, and there's no way for your wrestler to wear a shirt in the ring

My guy wears a red a-frame and I have no idea how I did it.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Shard posted:

What I want most is the ability to put stuff on top of masks and to have more entrance only attire. And I want my masked wrestler to be able to walk around in the mask and suit in street wear

I used that weird demon mask that allowed horns with it for some reason.

Exercising in mask/suit looks hilarious every time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I’m pretty sure mashing does absolutely nothing for kicking out. I’ve set one of my steam decks back buttons to turbo mash all the face buttons when pressed and have yet to kick out of anything after a minute of wrestling.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The only time I've ever managed to kick out of something was a rollup in the first 30 seconds of the match. If you get pinned after taking literally any amount of damage whatsoever it's over.

Also I'm still confounded by the CAW suite. Like couldn't they have at least made all the existing wrestlers clothes available as options? Why can't anything layer over each other? Also the hair color options pretty much all look like poo poo.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
moving my thumb across the face buttons like a windshield wiper has helped me kick out of a few finishers, a couple of which were online. there's something going on within the maze of hp, button mashing, and momentum. or there isn't.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was playing an online match the other day and managed to kick out a finisher at 2.99 from mashing so it works sometimes.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
Holy poo poo. Orange can pin opponents with hands in pocket?!?. I do love the little touches in the game.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
played a bit tonight to try it out after the ps4 update that fixed the crashes and I'm really enjoying it. feels really fun to play, thou I haven't done too much yet. I also got the season pass but I don't see ftr in the roster page.. is there somewhere I'm supposed to go to unlock them? matt hardy was added automatically so I dunno if something went wrong with the other dlc somehow.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Whelp I got to the Death Triangle match and accidentally got DQ'd cause for some reason I thought weapons were free to use outside the ring. Kinda sucks that the first like 3 PPVs are basically "matches you're guaranteed to lose unless you're extremely Sweaty"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Also this is maybe just me being a 30-something year old still trying to play video games but god drat this game is exhausting to play with the amount of button mashing you have to do to get through a single match

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Drakkel posted:

Also this is maybe just me being a 30-something year old still trying to play video games but god drat this game is exhausting to play with the amount of button mashing you have to do to get through a single match

I'm in the same age group and don't have that problem. Either I'm an immortal elite gamer or it's just you.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Button mashing to kick out works fine for me unless I got completely owned before the pin or, just like in real life wrestling, it was a surprise roll up.

I'm also in my mid-30s. My only concern about button mashing is that I mostly play handheld on the Switch and the Joy-Cons seem very fragile.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm in the same age group and don't have that problem. Either I'm an immortal elite gamer or it's just you.

I may just be massively over-thinking what things need to be mashed through then, also I use the face buttons for reversals cause I've just never been any good at hitting the correct reversal button for any given move. I should probably just stop mashing for kick-outs cause it basically never happens anyway.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
I'm pushing 40 with carpal tunnel and the button mashing aspect hasn't bothered me.

The part that's been a pain in the rear end for me has been the multi man matches. Kind of blows to lose because one of your opponents gets a lucky hit on a different opponent and you're tied up with someone else on the other side of the ring. Especially with someone like Omega in there who can put somebody down our of nowhere.

I also hosed up the Exploding Barbed Wire match against Mox because after positioning him perfectly to take a poo poo ton of damage from the explosions I tried to get cute and get some varied offense in to make it like a legit match. He reversed one of them and went full 5 Moves of Doom Cena and wrecked me before I had a chance to fully comprehend what was happening. Although I guess the "young upstart gets overconfident" thing is a trope for a reason.

The gauntlet matches are pretty easy though, especially if you cheese it and stand off to side and start hammering on people as they slide into the ring.

I've still had more fun with it than any wrestling game in probably over a decade.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yep game now works on the PS4.

One thing I'm gonna try to do is win a match as every wrestler, see how all of them play and such. Playing as Nyla against Sting was a Hell of a time.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dacap posted:

You have to equip shirts and jackets in the entrance attire or street clothes section, which then gives you the option to wear them in the ring as well. I'm not sure why they did this instead of just letting you equip those in the ring attire section.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dacap posted:

there's no way for your wrestler to wear a shirt in the ring
Set something as your entrance gear, then set your entrance gear also as your ring gear.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jul 5, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i just had a crazy ranked match where we both countered each other's finishers.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A lot of times I avoid online play in games because it's not fun for me to either get whooped by some 12 year old or have my opponent rage-quit the second I start winning. But online in this has been really fun. Had a great, competitive match as Darby vs Jungle Boy that ended with us both brawling outside, barely beating the 10 count, and then me hitting a desperation top rope move and pinning him.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Dacap posted:

there's no way for your wrestler to wear a shirt in the ring
I wasn't even going to make a caw in this game originally because I knew caw mode was very barebones. But then I heard someone say this and made a character called "T-Shirt Wrestler" who wrestles in a t-shirt. He now holds the tag team titles with Eddie Kingston.

Select a t-shirt as your entrance attire it'll ask you if you also want to wear it during a match.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

:negative: God drat...

Okay another CAW Pet Peeve: For some reason there's conflicted items between Entrance and Ring attires when logically they should be two different things.

If at they very least they just made the existing roster's clothes/hairs/beards/etc available as CAW parts that'd do a lot to help the lack of parts problem but they still need way more face/color options. Also more body sliders than just 'is your CAW slightly fat or not fat at all?"

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Every character creator needs maximum sliders. Let ME decide if my character’s pupils are the same size, tyvm

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A Fancy Hat posted:

A lot of times I avoid online play in games because it's not fun for me to either get whooped by some 12 year old or have my opponent rage-quit the second I start winning. But online in this has been really fun. Had a great, competitive match as Darby vs Jungle Boy that ended with us both brawling outside, barely beating the 10 count, and then me hitting a desperation top rope move and pinning him.

Yeah the online, at least so far, seems a lot less toxic than I'm used to. Nearly every online match has ended with everyone just hanging out and spamming taunts. I played a match with four identical pentas (confusing) and we all cero miedoed after.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Has any one found an entrance animation that actually lets you click the mysterious prop option?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you can put decals on your weapons! I got a Big Aubrey sticker on my chairs now

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah the online, at least so far, seems a lot less toxic than I'm used to. Nearly every online match has ended with everyone just hanging out and spamming taunts. I played a match with four identical pentas (confusing) and we all cero miedoed after.

lol i love using his early start perk to remove the glove. i can immediately tell who's cool by if they jump me before it's all the way off

(everyone jumps me)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

lol i love using his early start perk to remove the glove. i can immediately tell who's cool by if they jump me before it's all the way off

(everyone jumps me)

Lotta folks with cero chill out there

Turns out this game is extremely cool when you're not worried about if/when it's going to randomly crash!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

(everyone jumps me)

Is Early Start the thing that lets heels (top of my head MJF and Scorpio) rush me before my controls activate in the Ready? Fight! thing? I've basically only played as Hangman lol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah it gives you a second or so to just go hit the other guy while they can’t do poo poo, it’s great

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

From my perspective its actually annoying and bad and harmful to my Cowboy Pride but go off i guess

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s not as annoying as the No Sell gimmick that lets people just stand there and tank strikes before they murder you

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Is Early Start the thing that lets heels (top of my head MJF and Scorpio) rush me before my controls activate in the Ready? Fight! thing? I've basically only played as Hangman lol

Yeah and you can combine it with that 'first hit buff' so you can really gently caress em up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s not as annoying as the No Sell gimmick that lets people just stand there and tank strikes before they murder you

Whoever came up with that needs to be forced to play SvR 2007 matches against Great Khali for 24 hours straight.