Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Democratic Pirate posted:

I choose Chuys over Lupe in this chain restaurant hellscape of god forsaken suburbs because it’s way more affordable. Lupe is alright but it’s in the Five Guys pricing tier.

I can't really argue with this logic. I have no problems with Chuy's for the price.

Edit: I would say this is a horrible snipe, but I stand by my statement :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cael posted:

Considering one of my favorite queso recipes is from this book and it's basically a Kerby Lane knock off, yes. Yes I am.

rolled my eyes at 50 different queso recipes but i'm withholding judgement when i saw who wrote it. i use her cornbread and chili recipes. she's the best out there

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

i say swears online posted:

rolled my eyes at 50 different queso recipes but i'm withholding judgement when i saw who wrote it. i use her cornbread and chili recipes. she's the best out there

Texas Politics: rolled my eyes at 50 different queso recipes but they had some good ideas

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lisa fain appreciation station

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Alamo Cafe in San Antonio has my favorite queso

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

Alamo Cafe in San Antonio has my favorite queso

Fuego in College Station for me. Can’t speak to the other locations except the Waco one uses green chips for baylor and it makes things taste worse.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Democratic Pirate posted:

Fuego in College Station for me. Can’t speak to the other locations except the Waco one uses green chips for baylor and it makes things taste worse.

I think about cstat Fuegos queso and their Dr pepper cowboy at least once a week

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Queso was born gentrified. It's the whitest aspect of tex-mex.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Spaced God posted:

I think about cstat Fuegos queso and their Dr pepper cowboy at least once a week

Dr Pepper cowboy whatnow

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I make her Texas sheet cake recipe for all my friends up here and it blows their minds

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wilbur Swain posted:

Queso was born gentrified. It's the whitest aspect of tex-mex.

"Hatch" is an old scotch-irish word meaning safe for gringos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Badger of Basra posted:

I make her Texas sheet cake recipe for all my friends up here and it blows their minds

ended up buying the books last night

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Do people honestly buy cookbooks anymore? Don't we have Youtube for that?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Yeah I love having to sit through ads to get back to the part with the ingredients

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

I like having a physical cookbook. Of course, I use plenty of online recipes, too. The ads and food blog things are really annoying, though.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Arcella posted:

Yeah I love having to sit through ads to get back to the part with the ingredients

Look at this pleb who doesn't pay YouTube an extortionate monthly fee to watch without ads.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Like a good lib I just have an NYT Cooking subscription

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wonder how much of that is out of state

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Arcella posted:

IT BURNS posted:

Look at this pleb who doesn't pay YouTube an extortionate monthly fee to watch without ads.

Lookit these plebs who don't use ad blockers.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

a cookbook is much easier to have onhand in the kitchen or add recipe notes for, and also a physical copy will reliably exist going into the future whereas all the internet content will dissolve at some indeterminate point in the future, and then you won't remember if that potato was supposed to be a raw or not.

My mom has a binder full of her recipes that varies from handwritten things, computer printouts, magazine pages, and can labels and packages with recipes she liked.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I get around youtube ads but blog-style recipes are infuriating

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1675884383209701376

This motherfucker

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"Under no set of circumstances as a U.S. law enforcement official should you willingly go to China."

lmao this is a total hit job. full support for My Attorney General

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Only Nixon could go to China! That's the rule!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

rescinding my support after seeing that pic of the venetian macau. insanely tacky, reminds me of the gaylord dallas

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

rescinding my support after seeing that pic of the venetian macau. insanely tacky, reminds me of the gaylord dallas

Three Olives levitating menacingly in the background.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The fact that Fox News broke that probably isn't a good sign for Kenneth.

https://twitter.com/AlecStapp/status/1676571273143386115

Texas Republicans:

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 5, 2023

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Much to the embarrassment of the government of Texas, the state is by far the leader in green energy in the nation, and it's saved the state a lot of money.

https://www.axios.com/2023/07/05/texas-heatdome-record-temperature-electricity
https://www.npr.org/2023/05/14/1176062269/texas-is-a-leader-in-renewable-energy-local-politicians-want-to-change-that

It turns out that this may actually be a result of the Texas power grid being independent and having lower standards for connecting to the grid, so new projects can be connected more quickly and easily while in the rest of the country it takes a long time for the grid to approve projects, and the projects are often given huge extra fees to update the infrastructure that they would put more stress on.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/04/06/outdated-us-energy-grid-tons-of-clean-energy-stuck-waiting-in-line.html

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

installing a gtx4090 with my bronze 400w psu

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It used to not be an embarrassment but since the Republican party has gone completely insane against anything lib coded, we're cutting our own throats to own libs.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

zoux posted:

Wonder how much of that is out of state

I'd wager the majority of it

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is there an actual time frame for Paxton’s senate trial?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

10 a.m. on September 5th.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

now I want some cake...

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

eating fried okra rn

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Bucees white chedar habanero beaver nuggets are the greatest culinary invention of this state.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i had the original flavor once and they were like honeycomb if the bees only had access to corn syrup

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ken Paxton vows not to testify at his September impeachment trial

quote:

An attorney for suspended Attorney General Ken Paxton said Monday the Republican will not testify during his impeachment trial scheduled to start on Sept. 5.

In a statement released late Monday, Tony Buzbee, one of Paxton’s attorneys, bashed once again the Texas House’s move to impeach Paxton in late May, calling the 20 articles of impeachment against him “meritless.”

“That is why Attorney General Paxton will not dignify the illegal House action by testifying,” Buzbee said. “We will not bow to their evil, illegal, and unprecedented weaponization of state power in the Senate chamber.”

Paxton’s decision to not testify is a clear defiance of the impeachment trial rules the Texas Senate adopted last month.

Under a resolution unanimously adopted by that chamber, Paxton is “ordered to appear in person and by counsel at or before 9 a.m. on September 5, 2023, in the City of Austin, State of Texas, at the Chamber of the Texas Senate, to answer the said charges of impeachment.”

bitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

eat poo poo losers

https://twitter.com/NWSFlagstaff/status/1676027070378561536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/NWSFlagstaff/status/1676028790462644224

<:mad:>