Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm still not convinced that Raw Underground wasn't something we all somehow collectively dreamt up during the depths of covid and that, in reality, it never actually happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Cody Rhodes gimmick reminds me of what would happen if Livejournal became sentient. He’s like the zaurg of wrestling. American nightmare? More like American Whiner!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm still not convinced that Raw Underground wasn't something we all somehow collectively dreamt up during the depths of covid and that, in reality, it never actually happened.

RAW Underground, Fiend and Alexa, Retribution all happening at once, it was a time

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I already memory holed Retribution lmao

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Raw underground was 3 years ago

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

D.N. Nation posted:

RAW Underground, Fiend and Alexa, Retribution all happening at once, it was a time

Didn't Raw Underground end when Retribution invaded it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A bunch of us who had totally hand waved Raw, some of us for years, tuned into the Raw Underground episode because they were advertising SHANE IS BACK AND HE'S GOT A BIG SURPRISE

It was a bizarre loving experience. I encourage you to go find that GDT, it's a bunch of people who haven't watched Raw in months or years parachuting into a pandemic performance center episode that was completely insane and yet somehow still deathly boring.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pillowpants posted:

Cody Rhodes gimmick reminds me of what would happen if Livejournal became sentient. He’s like the zaurg of wrestling. American nightmare? More like American Whiner!

Sorry, the sentient Livejournal wrestler is CM Punk. Whiny? Yelling into the void? Actually used Livejournal way past its prime? That’s the Punker.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Dango Bango posted:

Didn't Raw Underground end when Retribution invaded it?
No it was Hurt Business, the heel group who were ALSO beating everyone up on the shows randomly.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
breaking up hurt business was dumb as poo poo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

graph posted:

breaking up hurt business was dumb as poo poo

It made Lashley so much less cool almost instantly.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sorry, the sentient Livejournal wrestler is CM Punk. Whiny? Yelling into the void? Actually used Livejournal way past its prime? That’s the Punker.

Was he using it after the FSB bought it?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

Was he using it after the FSB bought it?

Man, you wanna talk about past its prime, even all the livejournal RPers scattered after that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

https://cmpunk.livejournal.com/

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
If the WWE thread getting infected with Punk Derangement Syndrome posts means there'll be less of them in the AEW thread, well that's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If the WWE thread getting infected with Punk Derangement Syndrome posts means there'll be less of them in the AEW thread, well that's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make

WWE Thread: PDS Quarantine Zone

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It was the last time a raw GDT went for like 30 pages.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

:pray:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

We both know that’s not gonna happen. They can’t help themselves!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

think punk derangement syndrome is like a walking dead thing. we're all infected.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Breaking up the Hirt Business was dumb as poo poo, could have elevated all those guys as they are all talented. Cedric especially. Maybe he’d get a shot in AEW someday but people also get lost in the shuffle there, it’s just less malice and more Tony not being able to spin that many plates.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MJeff posted:

A bunch of us who had totally hand waved Raw, some of us for years, tuned into the Raw Underground episode because they were advertising SHANE IS BACK AND HE'S GOT A BIG SURPRISE

It was a bizarre loving experience. I encourage you to go find that GDT, it's a bunch of people who haven't watched Raw in months or years parachuting into a pandemic performance center episode that was completely insane and yet somehow still deathly boring.

I would love to read this.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eat My Fuc posted:

Breaking up the Hirt Business was dumb as poo poo, could have elevated all those guys as they are all talented. Cedric especially. Maybe he’d get a shot in AEW someday but people also get lost in the shuffle there, it’s just less malice and more Tony not being able to spin that many plates.

Tony just needs more weekly shows

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I would love to read this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3935063&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post507001990

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3935351

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like Cedric and wish he could get a shot but I also don't think he would be in a hurry to work for the guy who said his wife sucks rear end.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I like Cedric and wish he could get a shot but I also don't think he would be in a hurry to work for the guy who said his wife sucks rear end.

APOLOGIZE

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JRu and Gumball are mods, lowtax is mired in controversey, Voices of Wrestling is still tweeting. What a time to be alive.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I rehired Big Swole because I wanted to sign Cedric, she still sucks tho lol #AEWDynamite on TBS tonight!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol

it still works https://streamable.com/hnuguj

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

No looping music, no dancers.

This isn’t Underground

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Thank you

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I mean the premise is, what if Bloodsport but really REALLY trashy and bad.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The NXT underground match was funny as hell and they whooped the poo poo out of each other, it was good.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

yeah, there's a universe out there where RAW Underground is the Brawl 4 All that it was advertised as, and instead of doing Retribution they bring back the fuckin Nation of Domination (as was rumored at the time)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

quote:

Thursday, November 3rd, 2005
None listed, fuckstick!
I find it so hilarious that people not only read what I write here, but openly debate what "cryptic" things I write and the "meaning" behind them. There's a lot of over active imaginations out there, and they usually come in the form of somebody that thinks they know the business because they bought a few wrestling dvds. If you don't like what I write here, don't read it. Chances are if it's "cryptic", and i'm tired because i've been up for over 24hrs, it's just mindless drivel. Trust me, that last entry wasn't written for anybody to understand, it was just in my head and I posted it. I don't even understand it. It's not a coded message for "help, i'm unhappy!", because honestly i'm the happiest kid on the planet right now.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

Sometimes i'm angry at the world, sometimes i'd like to punch a lot of people, but i'm LEARNING! (ho ho! the punker must not be happy!)

Haters beware, i've never been more happy.

Let the internet bravery begin...
XxX

lol he hasn't changed or matured in 18 years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol Court Bauer defeated Jerry McDevitt.

https://twitter.com/wrestlenomics/status/1676741549688758272

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 6, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Several days ago, PWInsider.com reported that WWE had asked for an extension to respond to the latest MLW amended lawsuit, citing that they would be seeking new legal counsel to represent them going forward.

As of today, WWE's longtime legal firm K&L Gates will no longer represent them in the case. WWE will instead be defended by Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Warton & Garrison LLP.

Jerry McDevitt told Wrestlenomics.com that he was transitioning into retirement, thus he could not represent WWE, stating:

"As you may know, since early 2022 I have been working towards retirement. I had hoped that the Court would again dismiss MLW’s lawsuit as it did the first time. When it did not, and it became obvious that the case would run into at least 2025 in all probability, I advised my client that I would be wrapping things up by year-end and that it would make sense for them to secure counsel who can go the distance on the case now that discovery will be starting. There is also the chance that I might be a witness given the allegations. I will be 74 this January and it just seems like the right time to make necessary transitions."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lovely old man makes appropriate considerations for dearest client

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Can these guys gently caress off already?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Why would Court dismiss his own lawsuit