Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Unless there is a weird surge in ticket sales in the next week, The Flash is tracking to lose more than $200 million for WB/Discovery.

It is also being removed from roughly 1,000 theaters next week to make room for Mission Impossible, so that seems unlikely.

https://twitter.com/OneTakeNews/status/1676549560422858752

lol. lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That face is some prime av material

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Unless there is a weird surge in ticket sales in the next week, The Flash is tracking to lose more than $200 million for WB/Discovery.

It is also being removed from roughly 1,000 theaters next week to make room for Mission Impossible, so that seems unlikely.

"YOU CANT CUT SCREENS! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

For all we know it might just be one of the end credit teasers, not an actual role in the film

If it's Deadpool its probably a short cameo either way.

Comedy option, the Thunderbolts are fighting a mystical enemy

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

My feeling after getting laser eye surgery and I can't shoot optic blasts

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

WaffleZombie posted:

Deadpool makes sense, but I'm reading that news as "...next year, Cumberbatch will film scenes for a new Marvel movie" and Deadpool is filming now for a release in May next year. I think that puts things at the bottom of that list, probably Fantastic Four. If Strange is off dealing with incursions, that could easily tie into FF. Or hell, even if the release date is 2026, I could believe that they'd start filming The Kang Dynasty next year.

The only things currently listed for Phase 5 are F4 and the two Avengers movie. It could be that he'll be in something they haven't announced yet, and D23 is coming up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

His face when I say "I guess the movie was in and out of theatres... in a flash."

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Endless Mike posted:

My feeling after getting laser eye surgery and I can't shoot optic blasts

:gary:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Zaslav racking up the Ws

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

FilthyImp posted:

Zaslav racking up the Ws

To be fair to Davey, The Flash was like a slow rolling disaster for over a decade that had been eating costs and delays for years before he even touched WB. There were multiple generations of leadership at WB who thought The Flash was going to explode due to Ezra Miller's unique talent capturing America's imagination/no cost is too great to launch our cinematic universe/"Okay, the cinematic universe is dead, but we already invested $200 million into this. We should invest another $100 million to make sure it succeeds and the first $200 million don't go to waste."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FilthyImp posted:

Zaslav racking up the Ws

The Bs were destroyed in a tax write-off

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

To be fair to Davey, The Flash was like a slow rolling disaster for over a decade that had been eating costs and delays for years before he even touched WB. There were multiple generations of leadership at WB who thought The Flash was going to explode due to Ezra Miller's unique talent capturing America's imagination/no cost is too great to launch our cinematic universe/"Okay, the cinematic universe is dead, but we already invested $200 million into this. We should invest another $100 million to make sure it succeeds and the first $200 million don't go to waste."

Yes, but "Our star is either a trainwreck who needs out of the spotlight for the good of their mental health OR a dangerously unstable individual who may be narrowly avoiding prison... OR both" should've been enough to cut it loose. Instead they cut the movie that had a better shot at maybe turning a profit in favour of throwing good money after bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WB had a lot invested in Ezra MIller who was supposed to be the face of two of their biggest franchises. Whoops.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Who the gently caress decided Ezra was a star?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Who the gently caress decided Ezra was a star?

Warner Brothers huffing their own Harry Potter farts.

(Hufflepuffing their own farts...?)

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

I'm aware it's probably an automated addition, but finishing that tweet by linking to their own glowing review of the film is a bit of a self-own.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I doubt there was anyone going "Oooh that guy is the best part of the movie!" when watching the first Fantastic Beasts movie when seeing Miller's character. Who barely does anything except turn into a ball of anger at the end.

Though I also find it hard to belive too many people were "I love this series, I want them to keep making more" with the entire Fantastic Beasts.

EDIT: The character they play in Fantastic Beasts is refereed to as him/he, so I'm using the male pronuns to refer to the character, not the actor.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

twistedmentat posted:

I doubt there was anyone going "Oooh that guy is the best part of the movie!" when watching the first Fantastic Beasts movie when seeing Miller's character. Who barely does anything except turn into a ball of anger at the end.

Though I also find it hard to belive too many people were "I love this series, I want them to keep making more" with the entire Fantastic Beasts.

EDIT: The character they play in Fantastic Beasts is refereed to as him/he, so I'm using the male pronuns to refer to the character, not the actor.

Apparently, some people at WB saw them in "We need to talk about Kevin" and thought they were heading for superstardom, so they signed Ezra for a bunch of a multi-picture deals with Harry Potter and DC.

I'm sure by 2023 they weren't entirely as enamored with Miller, but they had invested so much time and money into all of his projects that they didn't want to flush it all down after 10 years and $300 million.

Flash bombing and Fantastic Beasts being put on indefinite hold are probably enough to cut Miller loose now, though.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Ezra's apparently very good in other poo poo. And they had a unique look (strong jaw, but youthful) while also hitting the genderqueer tickbox to entice the zlennials.

They prob thought they were getting in the ground floor of the next DiCaprio.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Miller also isn't the worst thing about the Flash. Having watched it - i've seen worse. There's a good movie in there and the emotional beats hit. They are also not the problem with Fantastic Beasts. If Ezra can pull a RDJ and get their life straightened out it may lead to good projects.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Ezra's apparently very good in other poo poo. And they had a unique look (strong jaw, but youthful) while also hitting the genderqueer tickbox to entice the zlennials.

They prob thought they were getting in the ground floor of the next DiCaprio.

This reads like one of those leaked Sony emails talking about the appeal of Spider-man.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

twistedmentat posted:

It was Justice League that boosted Miller not Beasts. They specially rewrote the ending to Beasts in order to bring the character back after being killed because Miller had been cast in Justice League.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

There's some set photos and leaks from Deadpool 3 out now.

None of these are really plot spoilers, but spoiled just in case.

- Deadpool costume looks the exact same, but the red is brighter.

Picture:

- Logan will wear a yellow comics-accurate costume.

- Owen Wilson was on set.

- Multiple people in TVA uniforms were on set.

- Some scene involving a car crash in the woods was photographed.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 6, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Picture:

Looks brighter, but also maybe softer material? Like fabric instead of pleather or whatever OG is. Maybe photo is a bit blurry. Still looks great.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hell yes

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
With Miller it seems to me that WB really really wanted their version of Tom Holland.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Picture:

Beautiful

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fangz posted:

With Miller it seems to me that WB really really wanted their version of Tom Holland.

Almost certainly

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Picture:

Well, with the singular timeline no longer being a thing, I suppose it makes sense for the TVA to become the Multiverse Police now.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I don't know how accurate that red will be based on the colour of this guys forehead. :lol:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Even if it is they always touch that stuff up in CGI

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Watched Guardians Vol.3 finally. Never really warmed to the previous two but did like this one a lot more, and it also cemented my feeling that Nebula is low key the best character of the whole darn saga. And I'd love to see the new team pop up again some time; Cosmo, Warlock and Phyla seemed like they'd be fun additions.

That final shot of the HE's face though, Jesus gently caress.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Picture:

Speaking of, how long has MCU Spoilers Reddit been back?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Vintersorg posted:

I don't know how accurate that red will be based on the colour of this guys forehead. :lol:

LOL
Yeah, they just cranked the saturation all the way up in the photo.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Here's another picture without the saturation turned up so high.

It is definitely redder than the previous suit.

Simu Liu also said in an interview yesterday that Shang-Chi 2 was supposed to come out immediately after The Kang Dynasty in Fall 2025, but it has been indefinitely delayed due to the previously planned release date spacing out and the unplanned writer's strike, so he has no idea when it is supposed to release now.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jul 7, 2023

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They caught Ryan making a doodoo in his suit

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When you're playing Deadpool that's called method acting

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Hey magneto’s here! (I know)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Kind of surprised by the lack of make up on Reynolds to make him look "ugly".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Madkal posted:

Kind of surprised by the lack of make up on Reynolds to make him look "ugly".

He's full-suit acting there
You can see his helmet sitting on a cast member in the backseat of the car