Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

American McGay posted:

The Xbox headset is really nice. $50 is a steal.

Waiting on my $50 gift card from my ISP now, grabbing this the moment it comes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

1glitch0 posted:

GTA V on Game Pass. Exited to play it again because I didn't get to play the end game at all because I finished it like a few hours before it was removed last time!

Wow. Was this announced or is it a shadow drop? Can't recall an announcement.

Although I guess everyone has probably played it by now.

edit: there's more to come

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1676577459733495811?s=20

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I haven't played a GTA since the 360 era, so, neat!

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I just bought two of the discounted Xbox headsets, one for my wife and one for me. Thanks for the tip, I hope they don't suck.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

drat I hopped on the headset deal too. I was just looking at one the other day for $100 so this is great news.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

External Organs posted:

I haven't played a GTA since the 360 era, so, neat!

V is cool if you don’t mind Rockstar being the most Rockstar they can be as far as the writing goes. Just miserable misanthropy the whole way through.

But it has an awesome world and they reverted the weightier driving from IV. I liked that; I know others didn’t. Kinda went nuts on that game when it came out and then promptly forgot all about it. Glad I can revisit it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GTAV has been on Gamepass before. The single player is one of the best open world titles, but the online is awful.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is GTAV the X/S version?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Mcpixel3?

I didn't know they made even 2.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Is GTAV the X/S version?

Doesn't clarify, I would think it would be though? I wouldn't play it if its not, the older versions have 2+ minute load times, and 30fps.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It does clarify. Both the One and Series versions are included.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

elf help book posted:

It does clarify. Both the One and Series versions are included.

That will teach me to not click links to the very places that clarify these things.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Twerk from Home posted:

I just bought two of the discounted Xbox headsets, one for my wife and one for me. Thanks for the tip, I hope they don't suck.

they do not.
My kid is going to try and steal one for when we play Diablo 2/3 together.

I also remember reading you can connect them to the nintendo switch.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I bought the X version of GTA V like 4 months ago and just got around to starting it last week so this is a huge blow but I'm happy for you guys lol.

At least I'll start getting Microsoft points.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Issaries posted:

Mcpixel3?

I didn't know they made even 2.
They didn't!

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I ordered a headset too. I tripped over the cord of my wired headset last week, and 50 bucks is a good price.

I said come in! posted:

GTAV has been on Gamepass before. The single player is one of the best open world titles, but the online is awful.

How often do games leave Gamepass and come back?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
happens every now and again. sometimes, sometimes not

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Imagining myself playing through the plotline in a GTA game, haha.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the missions in GTAV are pretty fun. The story stinks tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

but I ain’t playing games for the freakin story!!!!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I wish I could just download a 100% save file for GTAV on the X, because all I wanna do is wander around that world. I beat the story ages and ages ago, I don't feel like doing a bunch of it all over again.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Isn’t the whole world open from the beginning after that intro mission?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is online as well.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I think so? So maybe I should just try that. But tooling around in nice cars/flying things/etc. (and having the firepower to never worry about anything) was a lot of the fun of, like, a fully completed San Andreas.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah you can launch online and load a private session and just gently caress around. Probably about as many cutscenes and forced intro missions as single player.

And your phone and notifications are going to go bonkers so turn that poo poo off in the settings.

The game is gorgeous on the current hardware, especially at night in the rain.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Beastie posted:

The game is gorgeous on the current hardware, especially at night in the rain.

Is GTA V the best looking Xbox 360 game out there, or is there something else with a claim to that crown?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Twerk from Home posted:

Is GTA V the best looking Xbox 360 game out there, or is there something else with a claim to that crown?

I'd say so. At least if we're not counting something extremely stylized and cartoony like a Banjo game. I'd say ME2 was up there for me in terms of visuals. Can't think of anything else that comes close.

Yeah there are a ton of good looking games on 360 but GTA V was the tail end of the console and just had some much of everything.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the best looking xbox 360 game is viva pinata, which is also just the best 360 game in general

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I dunno how it looks on the 360, but the Bone version of MGSV holds up incredibly well for never getting an X enhancement.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yah I’d also go with MGSV. Phantom Pain in particular looks insane

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Arcade Paradise came out last week on Game Pass and seems pretty rad? I'm a few hours in and digging trying to balance the laundry business and also managing and playing the arcade games in the back.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
awesome, I was this close to buying a cheap copy of GTA V to try out the current gen stuff (I think I played it on PS3 last)

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

MikeRabsitch posted:

Arcade Paradise came out last week on Game Pass and seems pretty rad? I'm a few hours in and digging trying to balance the laundry business and also managing and playing the arcade games in the back.

Seconded, not a game I think I would buy normally but I am enjoying it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Trying to download the X/S version of GTA and while I know Online is apparently forced to come with it, the Queue is showing it's JUST GTA Online at 101 gigs. Anyone know if the tile is wrong and it's the actual base game too?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It should be both, yeah. My install launches from GTA Online but I just hit the bumper to move over to story mode

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Trying to download the X/S version of GTA and while I know Online is apparently forced to come with it, the Queue is showing it's JUST GTA Online at 101 gigs. Anyone know if the tile is wrong and it's the actual base game too?

The game is pretty much called GTA Online now, with the story mode as optional side content

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Thanks, guys. Didn't want to dl 100 gigs for no reason.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I never once dabbled in the online experience... Only the story stuff... Is the online experience even approachable nowadays or is it basically a no-go if you haven't spent hundreds of hours in it?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

BonoMan posted:

I never once dabbled in the online experience... Only the story stuff... Is the online experience even approachable nowadays or is it basically a no-go if you haven't spent hundreds of hours in it?

No go in public and long term but its fun to be in a private instance with some friends doing some of the smaller "go here and shoot stuff then escape" type missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BonoMan posted:

There was actually a recent quality of life patch that made the online significantly more reasonable. But yeah, an open server is probably not great (at least the recent console versions don't have a mass cheater problem, though!)