Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

gradenko_2000 posted:

I posted about it on page 1290

That's most of the way there, you are missing Bob Hawke helping the CIA and state department overthrow Whitlam then the financial deregulation when he became prime Minister which set the stage for rothwells to fund BCCI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Oh poo poo its exactly what I was looking for:

https://twitter.com/iluminatibot/status/1676187454217519104?s=20

If you click that link you WILL end up on a list. No doubts about it. I clicked it immediately, but just a heads up.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Going to put it on the coffee table for guests?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Gumball Gumption posted:

Going to put it on the coffee table for guests?

Now this guy knows how to host a party, I can tell

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
honestly work life balance goals; about twice as many sex and drug crimes as business crimes. it's good to see someone break out of the toxic hustle mindset

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

E Depois do Adeus posted:

Finished Aberration in the Heartland of the Real. My theory: McVeigh was a hosed up mix of all 4 main King of the Hill characters who ended up entering a network of extremist Far Right and anti-government political groups. About a quarter of these groups' members were informants and a few were undercover FBI. True believers or provocateurs (most likely a mix if we think the idea was conceived at Elohim City) came up with the plan to strike back after Waco and Ruby Ridge, and the Feds thus became aware of a bombing plot in the works, specifically one targeting the Murrah building. However, the use of independent cells (let's say, around 12 people total) meant that not all of the informants knew the chosen target - one cell robbed Moore for funds, one cell gathered the materials, one cell built the bomb, but only a few individuals had the full plan. Because of this, even an undercover FBI agent embedded in the conspiracy couldn't give his bosses an accurate time frame. They got the anchor leg team together for the final approach and to collect the bomb from that cell. An agent at this point might've been assured by handlers that the bomb wouldn't detonate. At this time, the Feds, who had been involved in the plot from conception to fundraising to material assistance, realized that there was an assembled truck bomb ready to go, and freaked the gently caress out. They sent EOD teams to the Murrah the morning of the bombing, which they already knew was the probable target, but failed to find anything because it hadn't been dropped off yet, and they don't know the date it's supposed to happen, so they conserve energy for the next day.

Immediately after the bombing they understand how badly they just hosed up and that John Doe Number 2 was one of theirs and take the security cameras.

I don't buy the guilty agent thing or the MK ultra stuff, because McVeigh's letters read to me as someone who would absolutely delude themselves into believing they'd been given a mission by a secretive authority. The more he muddies the waters, the deeper they seem to anyone who's looking, and the less pathetic and schizo McVeigh looks. Caro poo poo, basically. Similarly, I don't read too much into the McVeigh doubles, as this is probably the terrorists trying to confuse surveillance and operating under each others' names, or mistaken witnesses.

But let's just think about what we can infer from the known facts: 1. The secret police knew that a bombing attempt would be made, because they sent EOD teams the morning of the attack. 2. They knew that there were other co-conspirators, or they would not have tortured and killed Kenneth Trentadue after mistaking him for an ARA bank robber. 3. They do not want information about certain co-conspirators to come out, or they would not stonewall any investigation into the bombing or kill Terrance Yeakey. 1 and 3 imply embedded informants or operatives. 2 implies that they're pissed off at someone, and aren't letting sleeping dogs lie. Taken together, I think the objective of a foiled plot was itself derailed by true believers. Alternatively, the torture was just to try to find the locations of the loose ends and this was secret police from start to finish, and, as Painting points out, the militia movement entered a long period of decline after this act. But while the FBI isn't a monolith, if they wanted the building to explode, they wouldn't have sent the EOD team in the morning.

very cool interpretation of OKC to have come from the statE Depois do Adrtment of the us

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Must be comforting knowing that so many government agencies come within a smidge of stopping various terroist attacks but they always get caught up on various whoopsies.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

code:
https://twitter.com/AngletonOrchids/status/1675248512391344128

quote:

To help Dulles, and maybe to spy on him, RFK/LBJ send Tom Finney along as well. Finney was an associate of Clark Clifford, who you may know for his association with the Bank of Credit and Commerce International (BCCI). LBJ spoke to Finney the same day.

I think they're misreading this part by not thinking from the mindset of a criminal. The ruling class always speak in noble "clean"/"legitimate" euphemisms, even to each other with no outsiders to their schemes present. You never know who's eavesdropping.

Finney was not unwanted company for Dulles; he was going to be sent there to brief Dulles and clue him in about the real poo poo that couldn't be talked about over the phone. Dulles gets there first, then he gets his assignment. Whatever dark poo poo it was this time.

Speaking this way just becomes a part of life when everyone you know is hiding each others' crimes all day. Everyone knows what is really meant.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

maxwellhill posted:

I think they're misreading this part by not thinking from the mindset of a criminal. The ruling class always speak in noble "clean"/"legitimate" euphemisms, even to each other with no outsiders to their schemes present. You never know who's eavesdropping.

Finney was not unwanted company for Dulles; he was going to be sent there to brief Dulles and clue him in about the real poo poo that couldn't be talked about over the phone. Dulles gets there first, then he gets his assignment. Whatever dark poo poo it was this time.

Speaking this way just becomes a part of life when everyone you know is hiding each others' crimes all day. Everyone knows what is really meant.

Yeah

It's one of those things i feel is hard to explain but at that level a lot of people end up using lanuage in such a way that there is almost always both intended exoteric and esoteric meaning. It's mostly a question of, are you read into the idiom well enough to infer secondary meaning?

At least with this stuff it's on the less clever side of that stuff so it's easy to interpret now that we are decades after the fact but makes ya wonder what passes under the noses of credulous people basically nonstop all the time lol

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
"Fiscal responsibility" means rob the rubes. "Family values" means blame minorities for it.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

maxwellhill posted:

The ruling class always speak in noble "clean"/"legitimate" euphemisms, even to each other with no outsiders to their schemes present. You never know who's eavesdropping.
[...]

Riot Bimbo posted:

It's one of those things i feel is hard to explain but at that level a lot of people end up using lanuage in such a way that there is almost always both intended exoteric and esoteric meaning. It's mostly a question of, are you read into the idiom well enough to infer secondary meaning?

stealth edit: [Epstein] (unintelligible, with noises) the whole, uh, Bay of Pigs thing

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I guess the cocaine in the White House was in a storage cubby for tour visitors

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/VICE/status/1676697739864702976

AI is MKUltra, confirmed.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
drat I guess the bureau is out of a job

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
ChatJOLY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't know who or when posted the @crackconnosseur twitter account but it absolute rules. It's tremendous content

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jose posted:

I don't know who or when posted the @crackconnosseur twitter account but it absolute rules. It's tremendous content

jinx is the best. but he hasn’t been doing conspiracy edits as much anymore. he’s horny posting mostly now.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The_Rob posted:

jinx is the best. but he hasn’t been doing conspiracy edits as much anymore. he’s horny posting mostly now.

the abyss gazes also into you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

case closed, folks

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

gradenko_2000 posted:

case closed, folks

lol. is this nyt?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

case closed, folks

he's right though, the CIA definitely did it

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
lol this nerd hasn't seen the webm Zapruder proving that it was Jackie O who delivered the killing blow

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

rare archival photo of the Warren Commission

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

sorry but the secret service doing it on accident it the funniest, and therefore most correct, theory

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've always felt that the CIA let the attempt go through but didn't think Oswald would actually succeed.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Oswald convinced the CIA to kill JFK

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

RandolphCarter posted:

sorry but the secret service doing it on accident it the funniest, and therefore most correct, theory

All the real cover ups happen after someone fucks up bad so it's this one.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also Oswald wanted to kill the Governor, John Connolly. He didn't care about Kennedy, he hated Connolly. He literally wrote in a journal that he was going to kill Connolly and the Warren commission ended up hiding the evidence of his kill list

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

John F. Kennedy Didn't Kill Himself

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
:ughh:

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
his head just did that

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The obvious thing is Dulles got canned after bay of pigs got revenge with people loyal to him in the cia. Funny enough I did bring up that line to the actor who said the "head just did that"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

rodbeard posted:

I've always felt that the CIA let the attempt go through but didn't think Oswald would actually succeed.

Yeah, my feeling is that they were psyching him up to kill Gen. Edwin Walker but he hosed that up pretty bad so they didn't give a lot of credence when he started spouting off about Kennedy.

My basic reasoning on that is that the CIA has to do a weird scrambling coverup after the Kennedy assassination and it reads to me that they weren't prepared for what happened. Also, as a returned defector, it would be very weird for the intelligence community to not have a bigass file on Oswald and him "slipping through the cracks" and killing Kennedy despite that attention has always been a weird fit. Everything that went on in the aftermath of Kennedy being shot is way more Burn After Reading than James Bond.

I don't think they were unhappy that one of their assets killed Kennedy, mind you, it just has all the marks of a bunch of people scrambling, but then I'm one of those weird people who thinks he actually got accidentally domed by the Secret Service because it's the dumbest loving thing so it must be true.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the secret service loving up is funny but nah, the cia did it. dulles + a large chunk of the cia + a chunk of cuban assets all had motives and means. All the fake poo poo commie and fair play for cuba poo poo that was obviously there to bolster Oswald's credibility as an assassin- to say nothing of ruby's connection to the exact kind of organized crime that wanted back in cuba, and was really mad at the kennedies- there's no goddamn way it's just the secret service bumbling their way into the funniest outcome, and i'm sorry because i want it

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

also it's sloppy because the cia is run in the exact way insane dogmatic free market capitalists would run something. This was especially so back then. It's about throwing money at a problem and watching a bunch of semi-autonomous cells who are accountable to basically no one scramble to get the job done. In the consolidation of "what happened" after the fact, there are tons of weird loose threads because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, hth

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGEmMCGLBU

Love that the concert is now a generic peace concert instead of one specifically supporting a leftist anti-colonialist government. Probably won't mention the thugs that tried to kill him were sent by the CIA either.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Azathoth posted:

Yeah, my feeling is that they were psyching him up to kill Gen. Edwin Walker but he hosed that up pretty bad so they didn't give a lot of credence when he started spouting off about Kennedy.

My basic reasoning on that is that the CIA has to do a weird scrambling coverup after the Kennedy assassination and it reads to me that they weren't prepared for what happened. Also, as a returned defector, it would be very weird for the intelligence community to not have a bigass file on Oswald and him "slipping through the cracks" and killing Kennedy despite that attention has always been a weird fit. Everything that went on in the aftermath of Kennedy being shot is way more Burn After Reading than James Bond.

I don't think they were unhappy that one of their assets killed Kennedy, mind you, it just has all the marks of a bunch of people scrambling, but then I'm one of those weird people who thinks he actually got accidentally domed by the Secret Service because it's the dumbest loving thing so it must be true.

wrong, cia did it. dulles was a messy bitch and had to get back at jfk after being publicly sidelined

oswald was super obviously a patsy

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
hunter biden killed jfk

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i killed jfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if JFK had had a laptop, hoobooy, lemme tell you. he wouldnt get no respect, no reguard either