Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I remembered a lot about it but not this and it got a big laugh out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I'm blown away by how modern so many aspects of this blocky rear end PS1 game feel. Especially after last month's game was Banjo-Kazooie lmao

you must also play mgs 2 and 3 and peace walker now. they hold up even better

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

you must also play mgs 2 and 3 and peace walker now. they hold up even better

Oh, you better believe it

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

She says she just updated her drivers like two days ago and I never update them so maybe something broke in her drivers with the new ones? Idk, I loaded the game on mine just now to check and it loaded in like 3 seconds
probably worth verifying and repairing the game files too

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
video games?!

god hell yeah

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Sai-kun posted:

video games?!

god hell yeah

that's the spirit

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

indigi posted:

Every day's great at your Junes

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

god i need to finish persona 4

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

probably worth verifying and repairing the game files too

yea did that, next is to try and create a new game and skip to that scene and see if that fixes it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
well, updated drivers, started a new game, 15 minutes into loading and hasn't loaded the diving part yet, wonder if there's some weird bug that they'll sort out in the next week or two

edit: okay, completely uninstalling and reinstalling fixed it, hooray

Stefan Prodan has issued a correction as of 20:42 on Jul 5, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stefan Prodan posted:

I got my wife to get Dave the Diver cause it sounded like something she'd like and she got to the first diving segment and it was taking several minutes to load so we forced it closed to try again and when we launched the game again it's still taking absolutely forever to load the first diving thing, her computer is fine and running off a SSD and all, is it normal to take so long?
I did notice that loading times on my nvme are a bit long for what it should be, but not several minutes, more like 15-25s

could try installing it to another drive or something idk. tis the peril of PC gaming is that 98% of the time things work fine but then there’s always that completely random inexplicable 2% where something just shuts the bed

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Stefan Prodan posted:

well, updated drivers, started a new game, 15 minutes into loading and hasn't loaded the diving part yet, wonder if there's some weird bug that they'll sort out in the next week or two

if it's in steam, right click on it in your library, properties, installed files, then click the button that says "Verify Integrity of Game Files." it'll do a full review of the data and compare it against the installation data and reinstall anything that doesn't match up (like corrupted files). this often fixes problems for me and I usually do it as a matter of course on any gigantic install

FYI this'll wipe any modded files from your game tho

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

dont know if im gonna play battlebit or dark souls when i get home

finished anor londo so now its all downhill, but ive never actually beaten dark souls so maybe i should stick it out and rush to the end

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stefan Prodan posted:

Whew, that's good to hear. Was getting worried, because if it never worked that'd basically be proof that Dave doesn't approve of your wife.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

finished anor londo so now its all downhill, but ive never actually beaten dark souls so maybe i should stick it out and rush to the end

Aside from bed of chaos it's all pretty good, just not as good as the first half.

I also hate the crystal caves for that interminably long invisible bridge to the boss, but, just don't ever die and you'll only have to do it once.

Also, if you haven't done the DLC sections yet, there are some highlights there too. (The DLC is obligatory if you ever play/intend on playing DS3)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

drat horror queefs posted:

I also hate the crystal caves for that interminably long invisible bridge to the boss, but, just don't ever die and you'll only have to do it once.

This is the one thing worth just looking up a video of to see how to do it so you don't waste your time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

all the stuff after anor londo is good. but i liked the bed of chaos fight so im hosed up

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the bed of chaos boss fight is basically Dragons Lair

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

all the stuff after anor londo is good. but i liked the bed of chaos fight so im hosed up

bed of chaos seems to be one of those fights that mostly upsets the chad alpha fromsexual players that aren't willing to just glitch the boss by saving and reloading

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
if you dont want to run it up the gut, use a bow

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i run up and hit it with a sword

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lib and let die posted:

chad alpha fromsexual player

this is how i feel when i flank and clear out an entire snipers nest solo in battlebit

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
is there a way in dave the diver to not have to like mash the button a ton to pull things in?

or do I have to get autohotkey set up or something to make that easier

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

is there a way in dave the diver to not have to like mash the button a ton to pull things in?

or do I have to get autohotkey set up or something to make that easier

the different harpoon tips have different 'minigames', like poison you have to spin the stick, electric is running based etc. I think it only makes you do them for fish that are tougher than your current harpoon level, i noticed having to do it less as I leveled that up

e: it's definitely something they should have as an accessibility/QoL option

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
innocent gamers trying to reel in a level 2 fish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7hJ01G1U8

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

bed of chaos seems to be one of those fights that mostly upsets the chad alpha fromsexual players that aren't willing to just glitch the boss by saving and reloading

A jumping puzzle fight in a game with Dark Souls 1 controls is a bit cruel but Lost Izalith having been thrown together in about ten minutes because they ran out of time was the real problem with that part of the game.

Still fun tho

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

docbeard posted:

A jumping puzzle fight in a game with Dark Souls 1 controls is a bit cruel but Lost Izalith having been thrown together in about ten minutes because they ran out of time was the real problem with that part of the game.

Still fun tho

I didn't play remaster but the only way I ever fought Bed was by killing one side with a bow, save and exit, kill the other side with a bow, save and exit, then run up the middle and kill the worm thing

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have one dollar in my steam wallet and left 4 dead 2 is on sale. if for some reason you don’t have it I will buy it for you

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

i thought everyone was issued a copy of L4D2 upon birth at this point, alongside a coupon for a Gillette Mach3 and the tablature for Smoke on the Water

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Really enjoying Roadwarden so far, thanks very much for the key, goons

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Chard posted:

the different harpoon tips have different 'minigames', like poison you have to spin the stick, electric is running based etc. I think it only makes you do them for fish that are tougher than your current harpoon level, i noticed having to do it less as I leveled that up

e: it's definitely something they should have as an accessibility/QoL option

The fire one feels to be the worst because you have to hit 2 buttons in sequence with a really short window. Poison is easiest IMO

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DoombatINC posted:

i thought everyone was issued a copy of L4D2 upon birth at this point, alongside a coupon for a Gillette Mach3 and the tablature for Smoke on the Water

if you don’t shut up I’m gonna gift you Garfield kart

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LegoMan posted:

The fire one feels to be the worst because you have to hit 2 buttons in sequence with a really short window. Poison is easiest IMO

I actually think fire is easy and the window is very big.

the worst is the lightning/shock dial one. I can never get that to reel in

actually no the worst is the stick left/stick right o e

I didn’t have much issue mashing A

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Dave the Diver is so much fun. I hit chapter 5 last night.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

oh ya, i def want to get to bed of chaos to see what all the bitching was about. Im convinced its nowhere near as bad as gamers made it out to be cause From fans can be some of the softest gamers ive ever seen

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bed of chaos is fun, you get to go down the big slide. And dukes archives has those dancing guys and the music box. 4 kings is a lovely boss with a cool level. The catacombs loving rule all the way. Plus there's a fun slide!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bed of chaos is not hard but it will probably take you 4 or 5 tries because it is a puzzle boss

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ghost Trick plays very nicely on the Switch. It's colorful visuals look nice on the OLED Switch's screen.

All I remember from when I originally played this game is the twist that the protagonist is a cat

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I got bonerraiser minions and tried it. it’s fun but I think I bave very limited patience for these kinds of very low res NES-style pixel art. at least vampire survivor looks good and is high res

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
I'm doing a full co-op play through of the Dark Souls series with someone and we just beat DS1 last week and are starting DS2 this week. The person I'm playing with has an encyclopedic knowledge of FromSoft games so it was like doing a personalized Let's Play lol, and Bed of Chaos is totally silly in co-op.

DS1 is....interesting and cool, but I'm not sure I'd ever revisit it. Lost count how many times I lit a bonfire without sitting at it...you'd think I'd remember after the first time.