Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Obligatory Read Command and Control.
At one point, our only response to nuclear attack was "Nothing" or "Every loving warhead, including Spec4 doing Drive Bys with Davy Crocketts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Does anybody know if Jason Jay Smart is a remotely reliable source? Do the documents he links say what he says they do?

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1676699246806827009

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Literally putting out want ads, good lord

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Does anybody know if Jason Jay Smart is a remotely reliable source? Do the documents he links say what he says they do?

People in the comments are calling bullshit on it, so probably worth waiting and seeing until we learn more.

Also today in the news, pictures have started leaking from when the FSB raided Prigozhin's house and he apparently had a framed picture of a pile of severed heads(thankfully blurred in the linked photos). What sort of insane supervillain poo poo is that?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

.... What sort of insane supervillain poo poo is that?

Someone who takes their job seriously and enjoys it too much. :yikes:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

PurpleXVI posted:

People in the comments are calling bullshit on it, so probably worth waiting and seeing until we learn more.

Also today in the news, pictures have started leaking from when the FSB raided Prigozhin's house and he apparently had a framed picture of a pile of severed heads(thankfully blurred in the linked photos). What sort of insane supervillain poo poo is that?

the sort that thinks he can just call off the coup after they're already marching on the capital and just go back to how everything was

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

bulletsponge13 posted:

Obligatory Read Command and Control.
At one point, our only response to nuclear attack was "Nothing" or "Every loving warhead, including Spec4 doing Drive Bys with Davy Crocketts"

C&c should be required reading for GiP, seriously.

Atomic Accidents by Mahaffey makes a nice companion piece.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Flyinglemur posted:

I know what SIOP is, but uh maybe explain for everyone else.

All THOSE idiots

I refuse to read SIOP as anything other than sales, inventory, and operations planning.

In my head canon y'all are having some very spicy monthly ops reviews.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I read it as SOUP.

Spicy soup

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Atomic Accidents by Mahaffey makes a nice companion piece.

Both are excellent, both will force you to find a way to read with your face in both hands.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Arsenic Lupin posted:

he's an extremely poo poo source on a fact level, but also quite prominent so whatever narrative he's pushing usually gets a lot of views

decent if you're trying to figure out a distilled version of current ukrainian messaging tho

E: note that the above is speaking generally about him, as to what he's alleging here, no clue, haven't looked into it

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 5, 2023

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

"Look, my wife said "portraits", I said "still life", we compromised."

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he's an extremely poo poo source on a fact level, but also quite prominent so whatever narrative he's pushing usually gets a lot of views

decent if you're trying to figure out a distilled version of current ukrainian messaging tho

E: note that the above is speaking generally about him, as to what he's alleging here, no clue, haven't looked into it

that has to be the first time I've seen a .su domain posted in earnest

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I slept so badly the week I read that.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Tunicate posted:

"Look, my wife said "portraits", I said "still life", we compromised."

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

PurpleXVI posted:

Single Integrated Operational Plan, the big list of everything that needed vaporizing, by which weapons, in which order if the Cold War turned hot.

Well that's just rude

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The SIOP also just kind of... ended a couple hours after Go Time. It was literally just a plan to launch everything, once that was done the aftermath was someone else's problem.

PurpleXVI posted:

Never forget that Prigozhin is still an absolute ogre; just because he ended up turning against Putin doesn't make him any less monstrous. He's still a Very Bad Person and also looks like a giant scrotum.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

PurpleXVI posted:

He's a big fan of the Nazis, and well, this was pre-Nazi, but:

https://exhibits.lib.ku.edu/exhibits/show/genocideinafrica/hererogenocide

quote:

The German military decapitated heads of Herero and Nama people and forced Herero women to boil the heads and then scrape off the flesh. Those skulls were taken to German museums for display and were placed in medical laboratories for anthropometric studies.

IIRC there are photos somewhere of German soldiers posing, smiling, beside piles of severed heads.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Lead out in cuffs posted:

He's a big fan of the Nazis, and well, this was pre-Nazi, but:

https://exhibits.lib.ku.edu/exhibits/show/genocideinafrica/hererogenocide

IIRC there are photos somewhere of German soldiers posing, smiling, beside piles of severed heads.

head hunting is nothing new nor is taking body parts for trophies.

it's just super gross.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The SIOP also just kind of... ended a couple hours after Go Time. It was literally just a plan to launch everything, once that was done the aftermath was someone else's problem.

That's definitely true.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Jesus's problem, one assumes

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

'Burn them all. God will know his own'.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Crab Dad posted:

head hunting is nothing new nor is taking body parts for trophies.

it's just super gross.

This is all completely true, but that particular example is one of the more recent in history, and the one that most comes to mind for a dude with such a major fetish for atrocities committed by German soldiers that he named his mercenary company after Hitler's favourite composer.

Like it could actually be a copy of one of the photographs I mentioned that's hanging in Prigozhin's house.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
The best critique of SIOP I ever read was a brief story of "what if the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot?" SIOP was in effect at the time, and thanks to the Soviets getting a lucky shot off on DC, there was no one to say "uh maybe not".

I won't spoil the rest of it. It's painfully good and you won't forget it quickly.

https://mrtomecko.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/2/9/13292665/what_if...cuban_missile_crisis.pdf

The truly chilling bit is that this dystopia was prevented from actually happening by one officer's on-the-spot decision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 6, 2023

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

A podcast I listen to espouses Arkhipov day every year.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1676724422550466560?s=46

Wake up babe, new set of Prigozhin selfies just dropped

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

How many copies of the SIMs did they find?

E: Prighozin totally invited neighbors over and then deleted the pool ladder.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1676724422550466560?s=46

Wake up babe, new set of Prigozhin selfies just dropped

bored oligarch PMC club?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Last one is my favorite, looks like Trump is trying to be hard.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Lead out in cuffs posted:

This is all completely true, but that particular example is one of the more recent in history, and the one that most comes to mind for a dude with such a major fetish for atrocities committed by German soldiers that he named his mercenary company after Hitler's favourite composer.

Like it could actually be a copy of one of the photographs I mentioned that's hanging in Prigozhin's house.

Most likely it is a photo from Syria, since his boys were very much into decapitations and sledgehammers

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

fatherboxx posted:

Most likely it is a photo from Syria, since his boys were very much into decapitations and sledgehammers

africa would be a very strong possibility as well

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

CommieGIR posted:

No no no, the ranking goes NV > FO4 > FO3

1 > NV > 2 > fo4 > fo3 >>>>>>>> 76

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

BrotherJayne posted:

1 > NV > 2 > fo4 > fo3 >>>>>>>> 76

Yeah

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I really liked the NV DLC. The DLC for 3 and 4 was kind of meh.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm top right fuckboy Prig

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Lum_ posted:

The best critique of SIOP I ever read was a brief story of "what if the Cuban Missile Crisis went hot?" SIOP was in effect at the time, and thanks to the Soviets getting a lucky shot off on DC, there was no one to say "uh maybe not".

I won't spoil the rest of it. It's painfully good and you won't forget it quickly.

https://mrtomecko.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/2/9/13292665/what_if...cuban_missile_crisis.pdf

The truly chilling bit is that this dystopia was prevented from actually happening by one officer's on-the-spot decision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasily_Arkhipov

and he only had enough rep to make "нет" stick because he had been XO on the K-19 during their coolant leak the year before. Absolute Chad.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

I couldn't bring myself to even loosely associate the word 'good' with prigozhin

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm boyband hairstyle Prigozhin

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

steinrokkan posted:

I'm boyband hairstyle Prigozhin

K-Prig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I don't know, I'd probably want to die of shame if it was revealed to the world that I tried to pass this off as a viable disguise.