Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone for battlebits? sitting pretty at 0.13 kdr now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
farming lpzie for unlocks

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ah nvm cannot play right now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im at about .5 lol. the only thing you gotta do is kill 2 guys before you get killed and youve done your job

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i recommend going engie and shooting rpgs. they hit a good balance between useless and carl gustav

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its so good when you get off a good grenade or rpg shot and you just hear everyone shouting but nothing beats sniping a helicopter pilot

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

i recommend going engie and shooting rpgs. they hit a good balance between useless and carl gustav

yeah heat RPGs, claymores, and a SAW with everything unlocked have pushed my KD in Battlebit up to 1.77. engineer is just incredible

also I unlocked the FLIR last night and I can see it being good on DMRs but it has a short battery and a lag effect on top of normal medium scope problems that make it quite difficult to use with an automatic weapon

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

oh nice, i found one of those extremely rare gravelord enemy things, never seen one before

https://i.imgur.com/qKArfC7.mp4

almost got pasted for getting greedy. no one tell me that that one is guaranteed to spawn or something like that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I encountered a red vagrant using DSCM back before DS1 had functional multiplayer in 2015 or something, and at the time the DSCM web of players maxed out at something like 15, and at the time I was connected to like seven other worlds. given the circumstances required to produce a vagrant I tried doing the math once on the likelihood of one making its way through everything required AND the limited connections of DSCM and couldn’t figure it out specifically beyond suspecting i encountered the most rare permutation of a vagrant statistically possible to encounter

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ya, looks like i got the most basic-bitch one. i should have died so that it could upgrade and go to someone else

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

ya, looks like i got the most basic-bitch one. i should have died so that it could upgrade and go to someone else

nah they’re so rare in DS1 these days you should always attack them imo, and that was def not scripted or anything you ran into an authentic anomaly

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

oh nice, i found one of those extremely rare gravelord enemy things, never seen one before

https://i.imgur.com/qKArfC7.mp4

almost got pasted for getting greedy. no one tell me that that one is guaranteed to spawn or something like that

I would not get hit even once if I tried that. Try not getting hit hth

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i should have died so that it could upgrade and go to someone else

man and i thought i had a finger on how samsara worked

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Koishi Komeiji posted:

i dont think i successfully i-framed a single attack in there :sweatdrop:. a miracle i made it at all really

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This, OP

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

turns out you dont need to be good at the game if you rush a +15 weapon and a ton of health

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

add me on steam we'll play soon...

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ill game with you lpzie, but only if you promise to be my pocket clown and delight me and my squadmates with light-hearted shenanigans

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oh so you think war is a game????

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

sorry im not that kind of pal. I don't clown out on the first day..

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

who do you think is gonna be the company that buys out battlebit and ruins it with games as a service bullshit? im thinking ea is somewhere between an acquisition and a lawsuit and i think microsoft is probably waving comically large briefcases full of money in front of the dev office

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

imo the most reliable way to improve your k/d in battlebit is to just get better at not being shot. every once and a while i can kill a bunch of people in close quarters but more often than not i die the instant that i see them because of the super low ttk and netcode. you really just have to rely on getting the drop on people and keeping where the enemy team might be in mind. like idk how many nerds I've shot while they were running along the crest of a hill instead of like 5 feet further down where I couldn't see them

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the marksman rifle you unlock first is a real fuckin beast, gently caress a headshot its cycle time is low enough that two center mass shots will usually do

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
best way to improve k/d is to actually grab an apc or tank from time to time

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

to be a huge pedantic dark souls nerd those have nothing to do with gravelords. but yeah that poo poo's pretty cool and it's not a guaranteed spawn

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Lpzie posted:

sorry im not that kind of pal. I don't clown out on the first day..

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m Dong Quixote on steam with a captain hadddock avatar if anyone wants to squad up. getting dental surgery tomorrow so I expect to be playing a lot this weekend to distract myself from the pain, which will be less intense than what I am currently experiencing but nevertheless quite bad

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

the marksman rifle you unlock first is a real fuckin beast, gently caress a headshot its cycle time is low enough that two center mass shots will usually do

yep been using it with engie and it rules. dmr/rpg/ap mine

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m excited about the deagle I saw a video of a guy just one or two shotting dozens of guys at outrageous ranges, the unica is definitely good but the deagle appears to be broken

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

how am i supposed to read the velocity graph, is it how many meters the bullet will fall per second?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gonna try the Dark Souls 1 mods that change the game cause why not.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Al! posted:

how am i supposed to read the velocity graph, is it how many meters the bullet will fall per second?

thats a projectile damage graph

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

idk but it seems important for doing damage at a distance. the stats are pretty baffling tbh, a lot of stuff is ostensibly an objective downgrade but in practice merely feels different. I think the low TTK makes a lot of stuff less relevant than it might initially appear? still trying to break myself of the “look for biggest green and slap it on there” habit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Al! posted:

who do you think is gonna be the company that buys out battlebit and ruins it with games as a service bullshit? im thinking ea is somewhere between an acquisition and a lawsuit and i think microsoft is probably waving comically large briefcases full of money in front of the dev office

I think ea is so incompetent and in disarray these days they can’t even manage to buy out small studios anymore. that is not a bad thing though

so either Embracer Group or Microsoft

although I think Embracer’s plans was to buy up a bunch of equity holdings hoping they could sell it to Microsoft or Sony anyways for $$$$$$

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Al! posted:

Konami announcing its return to the realm of video games with the acquisition of battlebit

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Embracer ain't buying poo poo anytime soon lol

quote:

Embracer announces layoffs and game cancellations after a $2 billion deal falls through

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Grey Fox posted:

yeah arent they kind of circling the drain now lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

2 bil yikes you bust a deal that big you better believe youre going to spin the wheel

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Grey Fox posted:

It's cool that when acquisitions happen there are layoffs and when acquisitions don't happen there are layoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Mario/Rabbid Peach/Luigi loving cleans house once you get their primary role skills maxed out lmao. Had some fun with R-Mario/R-Luigi but I'm in world 3 and clearing some of the harder encounters in two turns

Killed the spooky midboss in 3 or 4 turns by just hammering it with overwatch and drones, threw it out of the arena twice