Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Shooting out some thick Threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I was wondering that too. A tribute to an old friend

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
I just shot my first thread. It was awesome.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

biznatchio posted:

I just shot my first thread. It was awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have done a thread!!!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmao threads sucks I gotta get me a blooski

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

It is so loving funny that Twitter was broken for days leading up to the Threads release

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It is so loving funny that Twitter was broken for days leading up to the Threads release

Interesting

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

JUNGLE BOY posted:

It is so loving funny that Twitter was broken for months leading up to the Threads release

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

redshirt posted:

Shooting out some thick Threads.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I did my part and threaded! 🫡

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It's a loving .net in 2023 my god man

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Threads only has one timeline, its like scrolling through Twitter 'For You' tab. It fuckin sucks.

The first posts it gave me were Maddox and Ninja's wife. 0/10

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1676738648069509121

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I was about to sign up for threads until I remembered the only way I interact with Twitter is reading tweets other people found and posted here

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I think it works like Instagram where it basically shows you new posts from accounts you actually follow but then the endless scroll seemlessly transitions into algo-feed slop when it runs out of "new" stuff from your follows instead of showing you older posts from them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hey, if you want to try it out. Threads that is.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.instagram.barcelona

Have fun.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Wait, I need to install something on my phone for that? I can't just sign up on PC? No thanks...

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I was about to sign up for threads until I remembered the only way I interact with Twitter is reading tweets other people found and posted here
SA is kind of my Enrique, too.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mozi posted:

Wait, I need to install something on my phone for that? I can't just sign up on PC? No thanks...

Nope. And you need an Insta account to sign up.

Kale
May 14, 2010

E the Shaggy posted:

"Don't be trans, otherwise bigots like me won't hire you. INTERESTING!"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1676636069083709455?s=20

Just jerking it raw to my self-perpetuated hatred cycle of trans kids again while my shithole site burns down around me. :elon:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Entropic posted:

I think it works like Instagram where it basically shows you new posts from accounts you actually follow but then the endless scroll seemlessly transitions into algo-feed slop when it runs out of "new" stuff from your follows instead of showing you older posts from them.

lol ok I played with it a bit and as soon as you start refreshing the feed it's just the worst garbage with no trace of the accounts you actually follow and no obvious way to go look at the posts of the accounts you actually follow. wow, they really took the twitter For You and made it 100x worse.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Does throots have a character limit?

141?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Throot is out there...

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Entropic posted:

lol ok I played with it a bit and as soon as you start refreshing the feed it's just the worst garbage with no trace of the accounts you actually follow and no obvious way to go look at the posts of the accounts you actually follow. wow, they really took the twitter For You and made it 100x worse.

The thing is like 4 hours old. It’s normal that you’re not getting much relevant content yet. Most of the poo poo you care about likely hasn’t even joined yet.

.random
May 7, 2007

If you read threads, I assume writing one is called thwriting.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Apparently Zuckerberg reopened his Twitter account just to shitpost lol

Wish I could see it unfortunately Twitter is still broken for me.

Mogatrat
Feb 13, 2012

Your flesh is an insult to the perfection of the digital.
Having no account is currently the best way to experience twitter, because you can go to individual tweets posted in places like this and the reply section is empty. No more boosted bluechecks or urge to do the forbidden Reading Of Comments. Thanks, Elon!

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

I Am Throot

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Throtes

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
After half an hour or so, Threads strikes me as a sloppy rush job Twitter clone but my feed isn't flooded with genocide propaganda or crypto bots and it has potential if they make the main feed more relevant so it's overall an improvement.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Threads is so bad, just an algorithm nightmare. It's fascinating they could debut such a badly made thing.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Y'know, if we're really looking for a new social forum that isn't arbitrated by awful algorithmic feeds, the youtube video referenced in this classic Onion bit actually exists and is still online with comments open.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4mMY2Kl3GY

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

kdrudy posted:

Threads is so bad, just an algorithm nightmare. It's fascinating they could debut such a badly made thing.

I think after they spent a billion dollars to fail to make a worse version of second life, it's becoming less fascinating by the iteration.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

This won’t stop twitter from losing a large percentage of its user base tomorrow lol
threads forces random instagram posts onto your timeline so no i dont think it will
at least not to threads

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Countdown to Elon making a tweet about having record numbers and views before adding a LOL

Cause he's the sort to do so.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
The Instagram default timeline is trash so it's not surprising so is threads. They at least added a following feed for ig, so hopefully they realize they should do it for threads too.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Countdown to Elon making a tweet about having record numbers and views before adding a LOL

Cause he's the sort to do so.

Given that they were DDOSing themselves, they may in fact have record attempted traffic.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1676763971758456834?s=20

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Endorph posted:

threads forces random instagram posts onto your timeline so no i dont think it will
at least not to threads

That kind of owns, and hearing this, I half expect them to roll it into Instagram as an extension of featureset.

I'm gonna go sign up, just the act of opening Twitter evokes disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol threads is bad what a shock