Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah, the trading system is one of those things that probably looked good on paper as a way to encourage social interaction between players but ended up a dumb trash fire in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I just wanna sell stuff without jumping through crazy crazy hoops

nope

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I don't know about PC but on PSNA it's very easy to find no dues trading guilds with a trader, I joined 5 of them and have been selling stuff no problem.

The system is clunky though, I agree with that

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

I kinda wish they'd make a section of Fargrave or something, some ultra-planar market square, where every guild trader from Mundus has like a ghostly doppelganger so you can just shop all of them at once. That is kind of the flavor of Fargrave exactly after all.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Anyone have tips/advice about soloing World Bosses? Is it just "be patient and stay off the red"?

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

Anyone have tips/advice about soloing World Bosses? Is it just "be patient and stay off the red"?

Not all of them are as soloable as others, especially in expansion zones, so if you get ripped apart, distinguish between "stood in red" and "not going to kill them with this build," and cut your losses accordingly.

If you can, grab a companion, because at worst it's an extra target for a little bit.

If you have a daily quest for the boss, offer to share it in zone chat and you'll often get one or two people to come along.

Use damage shields on your skill bars to help stay alive. There are both class and weapon/guild skills which can give you a damage bubble to stay up with less healing being needed.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

For soloing difficult content I have a few general tips:

-Penetration will do more for your damage than just about any other offensive stat, especially versus group bosses and veteran content. Groups usually have it worked out with debuffs, but when soloing you really want around 9k at least, and can benefit from more on a lot. The Lover mundus stone helps here as an easy change

-The Preparation passive star you can get with Champion Points is pretty cheap and is straight up 10% damage reduction from monsters/NPCs

-Agreed that damage shields are super helpful—look into the Hexos Ward set, which is a strong crit set that gives you a huge one pretty much for free every 7s. It’s farmed pretty easily in Deadlands or you can buy parts on guild traders

-On any boss that spawns adds, clear them ASAP even if they don’t seem threatening

e: Penetration is a weird stat in that it’s hugely effective, but you can’t overpenetrate. Overland monsters resists cap out at 9k, while veteran content and bosses can go up to 18k. But anything past an enemy’s resistances is wasted

Mover fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 26, 2023

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The "Lover Stone" increasing your "penetration" stat is one of the best meta jokes in this game.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks, I'll try some of those tips. I changed from Shadow to Lover and penetration went from 3.5k to 8.5k so that should make a difference.

Currently I'm doing base game content but still can't solo most world bosses, but I did manage to solo clear a couple undaunted pledges.

I don't have enough champion points yet to reach the preparation star.

I'm running a Briarheart / Hunding's Rage stamina nightblade that I really like but not sure how optimized it is for this.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The "Lover Stone" increasing your "penetration" stat is one of the best meta jokes in this game.

It is

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

How long has The Steed mundus stone been broken? I keep losing it when I change zones and it's annoying

Slot 1 of the armory is all divine gear set to Steed specifically to outrun people for crafting mats dammit

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

How long has The Steed mundus stone been broken?
Since Necrom release

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Uh, didn't we just have a Whitestrake's Mayhem event a month ago? I usually ignore PvP events but did the last one to get the costume since it actually went with my character's theme.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MH Knights posted:

Uh, didn't we just have a Whitestrake's Mayhem event a month ago? I usually ignore PvP events but did the last one to get the costume since it actually went with my character's theme.

They kinda got smooshed together because server upgrade work delayed the first.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Simone Poodoin posted:

Thanks, I'll try some of those tips. I changed from Shadow to Lover and penetration went from 3.5k to 8.5k so that should make a difference.

Currently I'm doing base game content but still can't solo most world bosses, but I did manage to solo clear a couple undaunted pledges.

I don't have enough champion points yet to reach the preparation star.

I'm running a Briarheart / Hunding's Rage stamina nightblade that I really like but not sure how optimized it is for this.

It is

Briar/Hunding is good. What level are you?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

Briar/Hunding is good. What level are you?

389 CP. all my armor and weapons are yellow now as of this morning, the jewelry is blue though because as you probably know yellow jewelry is loving expensive and upgrade materials much more so.

I don't have any monster pieces yet so I'm running New Moon head and shoulders for the foreseeable future until I finish questing and move over to undaunted stuff (if I don't get bored of the game by then lol)

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Quick question regarding mythic excavation leads that drop from chests (like Steelsinger Clasp and Morpholith Shank):

Do they drop from any chest, or only hidden treasure map chests? 'Cause I've gotten lockpicking from 5 to 7 opening regulars ones with 0 luck.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Offkorn posted:

Quick question regarding mythic excavation leads that drop from chests (like Steelsinger Clasp and Morpholith Shank):

Do they drop from any chest, or only hidden treasure map chests? 'Cause I've gotten lockpicking from 5 to 7 opening regulars ones with 0 luck.
They drop from wherever they drop. Some leads drop from any chest, others drop only from treasure chests in specific zones. Others drop from treasure map chests.

Steelsinger Clasp: regular chests in Alik'r Desert
Morpholith Shank: regular chests only in Coldharbour

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

They drop from wherever they drop. Some leads drop from any chest, others drop only from treasure chests in specific zones. Others drop from treasure map chests.

Steelsinger Clasp: regular chests in Alik'r Desert
Morpholith Shank: regular chests only in Coldharbour

Hmm. Then it seems I just have awful luck with them.

Over 70 chests now in the desert and still nothing. Those two and the Ebony-forged Dwarven Limbs are the last Daggerfall Alliance/Main Quest leads I need.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Offkorn posted:

Hmm. Then it seems I just have awful luck with them.

Over 70 chests now in the desert and still nothing. Those two and the Ebony-forged Dwarven Limbs are the last Daggerfall Alliance/Main Quest leads I need.

I don't know if it happens with those specific leads, but I will say double-check that you didn't get the lead (look in the lead tab) without it being visible as a loot drop. That's a known issue with certain 'lootable' leads (ie, for me it happened with the Stone Shank Frame lead for Oakensoul that drops from ore nodes in Glenumbra) where it doesn't actually appear in the loot or pop up to announce that you got it, but... you did. So just in case that's a possibility, I'd glance over the available leads every so often.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Yeah, I suffered that indignity grinding one of the public dungeons for 2 hours only to realize I already had the lead.

Got the chest ones two passes after posting about it. Complaining on the Internet: It Just Works.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Took some time to go get Oakensoul and it was totally worth it since I play a one bar build anyway

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Simone Poodoin posted:

Took some time to go get Oakensoul and it was totally worth it since I play a one bar build anyway

... i just suddenly realized why my tilde button wasn't working to switch weapons and bars.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Went and traveled to Cyrodil the other day and... what the gently caress even is that hell? It's massive and the daily quests send you off into the heart of enemy territory, a 10 minute or so ride away, with no way to get back (besides suicide by wild beast/cliff). The +30% mount speed doesn't help at all.

How is anyone even supposed to complete the 'capture 3 keeps' or 'capture an elder scroll' one when one alliance controls 90% of the territory?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Offkorn posted:

How is anyone even supposed to complete the 'capture 3 keeps' or 'capture an elder scroll' one when one alliance controls 90% of the territory?

Well you're not going to get it solo in that situation, but it tends to change over time. If you're in a bigger guild you might also do mass pvp and it's not too hard to sweep in that case.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Offkorn posted:

Went and traveled to Cyrodil the other day and... what the gently caress even is that hell? It's massive and the daily quests send you off into the heart of enemy territory, a 10 minute or so ride away, with no way to get back (besides suicide by wild beast/cliff). The +30% mount speed doesn't help at all.

When you're stuck far away in Cyrodil just join the Imperial City campaign and then pop back into Cyrodil. Vice versa too.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Offkorn posted:

Yeah, it's absurdly huge for a zone. The under level 50 campaigns are so painful without levelled mounts and speed boosting passives, even just going through the tutorial to get the points for the 30% speed boost...

Anyhow, for the second question - easiest is to just join when you see your alliance has higher population than the others. Usually that means there's some big zerg group you can join that's taking keeps and scrolls one after another. Also, repairing the doors and walls after you defend or take a keep is an easy extra source of alliance points that a lot of people forget and helps you move along w/earning the reward caches.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Just how big is Cyrodil compared to other zones? It is the only zone I ever run out of mount stamina, when doing scouting dailies, which only happens in other zones if I am purposely trying to run out of stamina. Granted, Cyrodil may be a huge zone but it is a very empty zone and shows why bigger does not always mean better when designing game zones.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

When you're stuck far away in Cyrodil just join the Imperial City campaign and then pop back into Cyrodil. Vice versa too.

That is loving genius.

Anyway, I went and joined the Champion Point enabled campaigns and they were much better. Lot of dynamic back and forth with keep/resource taking which makes half of the dailies easy enough to accomplish in an hour or so. Just fire off some artillery or wave my laser around an embattled enemy group and BAM: 20+ kills.

The scouting and capture one specific resource/keep ones remain a pain in the rear end due to consistently targeting points in the heart of enemy territory, while the elder scroll one is just completely luck based.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Offkorn posted:

That is loving genius.

Anyway, I went and joined the Champion Point enabled campaigns and they were much better. Lot of dynamic back and forth with keep/resource taking which makes half of the dailies easy enough to accomplish in an hour or so. Just fire off some artillery or wave my laser around an embattled enemy group and BAM: 20+ kills.

The scouting and capture one specific resource/keep ones remain a pain in the rear end due to consistently targeting points in the heart of enemy territory, while the elder scroll one is just completely luck based.

Cyrodil... one of these days

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Ive decided to give this a try, will play with a controller so i would like something that works well in pve first and ideally in pvp as well second ( for later on) with not alot of buttons to mash to be effective. I dont really care what it is as per class, im sure ill enjoy whatever it is. As long as its a simple rotation. Ive played sorc though, so something other than that.

Edit: To be clear im not a complete clutz with a controller, when needed i can map several pages of hotkeys with Joytokey. But yea, ideally less than more.

I have 8 characters almost all loaded with stuff, yikes

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 6, 2023

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

What are people farming at the alikr dolmens?

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

Simone Poodoin posted:

I occasionally run there when I want simple XP.
The number of people there means a single hit on a mob gives me XP, so low-level XP gear is fine to use.

Plus lots of jewellery to dismantle for components.

There's definitely better places to run for XP, but they take preparation and attention.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Makes sense, was just surprised at how many people were there. I also saw some bots(?) farmin mudcrabs, was pretty weird to see the crabpocalypse all of a sudden.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Simone Poodoin posted:

Makes sense, was just surprised at how many people were there. I also saw some bots(?) farmin mudcrabs, was pretty weird to see the crabpocalypse all of a sudden.

I was so confused when I first got there and the dolmens were popping off non-stop. They're the closest to the wayshrines in any zone which is way they get grinded.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Simone Poodoin posted:

It's a popular place to quickly level up your character if you group because everyone shares the xp, you just do the rounds because the dolmens trigger so quickly there. I got my 2nd character up to the late 40's from zip in a couple of sessions or so just doing that. Apparently at one point people used to have auto-group scripts that would pick you up if you typed x y z in zone chat, you will see a lot of that around there. I don't think those scripts work any more.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 6, 2023

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I like Alikir as a good place to look for mats since there aren't many tress and not much grass. You can see the stuff for miles.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Yeah I have severe brainworms so I still have 2 of my 9 characters to bring up to level 50, which I'm doing 2-3 levels at a time running the dolmens in Alikir whenever I feel like listening to a podcast and zoning out in front of the monitor.

those "zone: +dolmen" scripts still work sometimes, I guess it depends on if anyone around is running... whatever operates them? tbh I normally just grab an aoe spell and Ember and don't bother trying to join a group unless I get an invite.

EVENTUALLY I'll pick which class I want to play as. Probably.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Today I learned that I could have been doing jewelry writs all this time and I just didn't know to go to Summerset to unlock them.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

Any goon crafters still playing?

Hoping to get light Law of Julianos stuff made, chest, belt, shoes and a couple of lightning destruction staffs.

ESO goon guild is quiet...

Using this build guide.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-arcanist-build-pve/?popular#content5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Finally got my Dwarven Wolf mount. All Alliance and Craglorn leads found except Altar of Celestial Convergence... not sure I'll ever do any trials.

Unluckiest were the Singersteel Clasp (70+ chests), Dwarven Leather Saddle Seat (15-20 runs), Preserved Music Box Mechanism (80+ Safeboxes), and Tide-Glass Beads (150-200 nodes). Everything else took less than 10 or so tries to get, most of them popping at the first opportunity.

Ebony Crossed-Sword Chain is my new nemesis, the last piece of the allegedly BiS mythic for magic-focused arcanists (6 tries so far, got the St. Nerevar lead on the first).