Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwIlhuR_N2g

Linus plays with a 45 kilowatt fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Next step, connect an engine to a ducted fan

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So he's just (or maybe always has been) Tim Allen from Home Improvement now?

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
That battery setup seems so loving sketchy...?

You could just hire a generator right?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
there are probably regulations against running generators indoors, even with the doors open/ventilation.

they really should have removed the back panel from that case tho

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Did Linus already hand over the CEO duties? I'm wondering if this sense of freedom I get from his latest videos is real.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

there are probably regulations against running generators indoors, even with the doors open/ventilation.

they really should have removed the back panel from that case tho

wouldn't be the first time a millionaire had issues with air while playing around with something made of carbon fiber

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Tiny Timbs posted:

Did Linus already hand over the CEO duties? I'm wondering if this sense of freedom I get from his latest videos is real.

Yes, it happened last week.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

the videos are filmed weeks if not months in advance so I dunno if it's related to the official change in title. but the new CEO was in his tryout period when these were filmed so maybe the workload had already shifted?

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Nowher posted:

That battery setup seems so loving sketchy...?

You could just hire a generator right?

They're in a commercial space, couldn't they run it off normal 3 phase?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Penisaurus Sex posted:

They're in a commercial space, couldn't they run it off normal 3 phase?

mundanity is a youtube sin unless you pair it with a tryhard thumbnail

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Them just walking around that death trap with nothing but eyeglasses to protect themselves was freaking me out way too much and I turned it off before they even used it on the computer. Seems incredibly careless and stupid to do something like that without putting some ballistic panels around it or something.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Martian Manfucker posted:

Them just walking around that death trap with nothing but eyeglasses to protect themselves was freaking me out way too much and I turned it off before they even used it on the computer. Seems incredibly careless and stupid to do something like that without putting some ballistic panels around it or something.

ltt.avi

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
On the other hand it had about as much useful technical info as any other LTT video so that's good at least.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Linus Tech Tips home made submarine challenge

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Linus Nautical Tips

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Linus Tech Ships.

Which is also the name of my Tumblr fanblog.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Not only should they have been avoiding the fan longitudinally, but axially as well :catstare:

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
Oh come on, where's the real harm in playing with a jet engine as though it's a children's toy?

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022

Dogwood Fleet posted:

Oh come on, where's the real harm in playing with a jet engine as though it's a children's toy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEFx1qmW4ts

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Why do some car reviewers on youtube (Doug DeMuro, Out of Spec reviews, seen others too) all have the same pose in their thumbnails with the arms out, elbows bent, palms up? I cannot unsee this now. It's just weird.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Stupid algorithm poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Demuro was the first one I saw doing that and it became his thumbnail thing, he’s been doing that as his thumbnail style since he started Youtube, and since he’s a big channel everyone else started copying him to get mistake clicks. This is also why you see a bunch of tech channels (I noticed Hugh Jeffries is doing this quite shamelessly) copying Dankpods’ thumbnail style. James gets a pass because he’s a mate.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

FilthyImp posted:

Stupid algorithm poo poo.

got you bae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1N81RRQ4ec

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Honestly copycat thumbnails annoy me less than the practice of constantly changing thumbnails until you find one that takes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

njsykora posted:

Demuro was the first one I saw doing that and it became his thumbnail thing, he’s been doing that as his thumbnail style since he started Youtube, and since he’s a big channel everyone else started copying him to get mistake clicks. This is also why you see a bunch of tech channels (I noticed Hugh Jeffries is doing this quite shamelessly) copying Dankpods’ thumbnail style. James gets a pass because he’s a mate.

Ahh that makes the most sense if it was just one popular guy's affectation and then got copied.. Just really was strange to look at the page with all the videos and see them ALL like that. Really weird.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

njsykora posted:

Honestly copycat thumbnails annoy me less than the practice of constantly changing thumbnails until you find one that takes.

youtube is launching an integrated and automated thumbnail A/B testing feature so everyone's going to be doing that soon

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Gamers Nexus did a test with the game Stellaris but I'm not sure what they mean by turn here. It's a pausable RTS where the smallest ticks are one day, so maybe they decided a turn is 100 days at the fastest speed, or something like that?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They said in the video they'd post the full methodology explaination once their new benchmark suite was finalised so I assume they'll talk about it then.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I feel like it's probably a single in-game month?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Stellaris is a turn-based game confirmed

Thanks, Steve

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Gamers Nexus did a test with the game Stellaris but I'm not sure what they mean by turn here. It's a pausable RTS where the smallest ticks are one day, so maybe they decided a turn is 100 days at the fastest speed, or something like that?

you could set that up by having an end-game state with full universe control and just having a save with a year left on a piece of research with a timer to trigger once it goes off

gotta make sure you've exhausted all the event triggers obv

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HardwareUnboxed/status/1677309221174665216?t=uKCbFbrTN_mU5yzpRB_BRw&s=19

Lol

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Aussie Steve what’s your SA username.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Dachsjaeger/status/1678345619029598209

not a dig on Digital Foundry; I'm just awkwardly surprised that Star Citizen is still chugging along like this

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I'll dig on them, it's hilarious that they're still taking Star Citizen seriously as they always implement [feature of the moment] to try and grab headlines from games media who otherwise pay no attention to it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Alex is still a true believer in Star Citizen, always has been.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Alex is hilarious in the All Elite Wrestling game video they just did.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Which youtube tech idiot would you like to see handle this?

https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1678014289599184896

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Steve from GN for sure