Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

There's a whole month where you can talk about Baldur's Gate without even mentioning Starfield.

No idea how this is supposed to be some kind of statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Baldur's gate belongs to the nords

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Baldur's Gate is like a wealthy port city. It would be everything that reactionary fash types hate because it's too decadent and cosmopolitan.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Baldur's gate isn't that luxurious. Like at least half of the population is monsters. There's giant spiders in the graveyard, the sewers are clogged with beholders, and there's vampires everywhere!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Are you trying to tell me vampires aren't decadent and cosmopolitan?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Countdown to Todd

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

Baldur's Gate is like a wealthy port city. It would be everything that reactionary fash types hate because it's too decadent and cosmopolitan.

Baldur's Gentrification

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Baldur's Gated Community

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

Baldur's Gated Community

loving webhosts, I swear.

Lostconfused has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Jul 6, 2023

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

What class would Todd Howard be? Warlock?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

A bard obviously.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Todd Howbard

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Grey Fox posted:

Todd Howbard

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Hatebag posted:

Baldur's gate isn't that luxurious. Like at least half of the population is monsters. There's giant spiders in the graveyard, the sewers are clogged with beholders, and there's vampires everywhere!

actually I think you're referring to Athkatla from Baldur's Gate 2. baldur's gate itself does have the best sewers and underground ruins ever

the wizard police there are gentrifiers trying to get rid of that stuff

I will play BG3 and won't touch starfield

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I will be playing both and complaining about both, thank you

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

alarumklok posted:

I will be playing both and complaining about both, thank you

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is starfield in the same lovely engine that every bethesda game is in

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fried Watermelon posted:

What class would Todd Howard be? Warlock?

Who gives a poo poo

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hatebag posted:

clearly someone didnt roll bard and invest in all the make friends and talk to x creature spells because so far ive run in to some very friendly squirrels and sewer rats

e oh youre talking about 1 and 2 lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Starfield is only gonna have 4 romanceable characters, huh? That's low, but fine depending on how the romance story presented. Though I haven't heard anything about whether or not every character is available for any gender of the player character or if it's specific gender/sexual attraction.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

don't take the squirrel's mix tape, he says it's free but it's a trick

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

a.lo posted:

Starfield is only gonna have 4 romanceable characters, huh? That's low, but fine depending on how the romance story presented. Though I haven't heard anything about whether or not every character is available for any gender of the player character or if it's specific gender/sexual attraction.

Who gives a poo poo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only game romance i care about is link's romance for the underground ghosts that give him uncorroded weapons

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

a.lo posted:

4 romance options but you can gently caress anyone

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

a.lo I assume you're being sarcastic but lol if not

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone for battlebits?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

a.lo posted:

Within 24 hours of Starfield's release there will be hundreds of mods catering to every fetish imaginable so the base game's dating availability is not going to matter.

You want non-gender-specific dating sims.

I want a fully nude Garfield with a mudcrab for a face and a huge hairy dick.

We are not the same.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

do bethesda games even have romances I know you can marry anyone at any time in skyrim like you're Henry viii or something but I wouldn't really say that counts

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

the only game romance i care about is link's romance for the underground ghosts that give him uncorroded weapons

I did not know this was a thing until I found one and was like :eyepop:

lol that every interaction you have in the depths feels like you are making a dark pact with demonic powers

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Buck Wildman posted:

a.lo I assume you're being sarcastic but lol if not

if you pass the dialogue check the screen fades to black for a second and comes back with a notification that says "you hosed!"

theres no bonus or anything. just pat yourself on the back

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

if you pass the dialogue check the screen fades to black for a second and comes back with a notification that says "you hosed!"

honestly I respect being that efficient about the whole thing

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Shear Modulus posted:

is starfield in the same lovely engine that every bethesda game is in

Yea, making a new engine would get in the way of Skyrim rereleases.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

at least put a cheevo on my gamerscore

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
blasting my girlfriend out of the airlock because i failed her speech check

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
in skyrim the romance options are slightly less emotional and difficult than the ones in saints row 5

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

NVM cannot play right now

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I’m going to take the Starfield perk to have npc parents then stuff them in a tiny one room base on some farflung moon, just like real life

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Al! posted:

blasting my girlfriend out of the airlock because i failed her speech check

blasting my girlfriend out of the airlock because i failed a hacking mini game

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
getting to the choose-your-ending button room but instead it's gently caress-marry-kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

a.lo posted:

You can only romance your coworkers because it's made by gamers for gamers