Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

spankmeister posted:

Absolutely this. The smiley picker is completely unusable.

Agreed. It would be really, really nice to have fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i saw the rap sheet tab and got confused and thought it might go to my rap sheet. when i clicked on it and saw other people's probes i was able to comprehend what had happened. perhaps others had a similar experience. cheers

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

b_d posted:

i saw the rap sheet tab and got confused and thought it might go to my rap sheet. when i clicked on it and saw other people's probes i was able to comprehend what had happened. perhaps others had a similar experience. cheers

I have not had this experience with the Leper's Colony tab, since that's not exactly the same thing as a Rap Sheet.

BUT, I do hate when I check out a punishment and it's from a bookmarked thread and it updates my bookmark.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

well it says rap sheet instead of lepers colony now. maybe because i'm on the test flight

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

b_d posted:

well it says rap sheet instead of lepers colony now. maybe because i'm on the test flight

Oh poo poo. I'm not on the test flight yet, and I'm using OLED dark and I've noticed a lot of UI text and the page numbers/arrows are now sometimes black on black, that's probably what's happening

I'm gonna hop on the test to see if it's still happening

Edit: on test now, still no text on them

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

odd, works for me in OLED dark

edit: whoa i switched back to automatic after posting and got a spoopy frog

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Oh right, I'm using SpankyKong OLED Dark now. My bad!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Is there any way to sort bookmarks alphabetically? What's the default sort?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Iirc it’s by most recent posts and you can toggle it to have threads with unread posts above ones that are fully read. Doesn’t always behave that way but I’m not super sure why/how that is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why in the world would you sort them alphabetically that is some serial killer poo poo

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
If you need to sort them alphabetically instead of chronologically, you have too many bookmarks

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

whydirt posted:

If you need to sort them alphabetically instead of chronologically, you have too many bookmarks

Just the other day I was thinking that I'd like a way of organizing bookmarks into categories. Whatever you think the appropriate amount of bookmarks is, I'll always have more.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

aside from the colors they already have?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

In the new dark mode the post numbers on read threads in forum view are always dark gray even if there are new posts which makes them nearly impossible to notice while scrolling down a forum. I don't know if it would be some huge aesthetic crime but I wouldn't mind the threads having a colored background if they had new posts. SALR does it pretty well.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

b_d posted:

aside from the colors they already have?

Not sure which colors you're referring to, but I simply have a ton of bookmarks. Most of those are fairly active threads which I go to a frequently. Those show up at the top, which is obviously fine. But there are also a lot of "low priority" threads that keep popping up at the top even though I only (want to) read them every once in a while.

Having the option to somehow separate those two types of bookmark would be great for my use case, but I understand that that's probably not how the vast majority uses bookmarks. I expect building such a feature with a reasonable UX to be a nightmare anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's a bookmark color option on the website but I don't believe any of the phone apps can access it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Midjack posted:

There's a bookmark color option on the website but I don't believe any of the phone apps can access it.

Long press a thread, it’s the bottom option. Added with the last update I think.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!
Oh, that actually helps with my problem. Just found a bug, though: when I set a thread to blue and refresh, it not only shows as green, but the setting also 'properly' changes to green.

Edit: I realized that naming the colors doesn't make sense given that the amount of color schemes. It's basically any color past the third that gets moved up one on refresh (i.e. you choose color #4 and end up with #5). Indexing issue maybe?

Badly Jester fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jul 8, 2023

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Badly Jester posted:

Oh, that actually helps with my problem. Just found a bug, though: when I set a thread to blue and refresh, it not only shows as green, but the setting also 'properly' changes to green.

Edit: I realized that naming the colors doesn't make sense given that the amount of color schemes. It's basically any color past the third that gets moved up one on refresh (i.e. you choose color #4 and end up with #5). Indexing issue maybe?

I tested this and same deal, off-by-one error for anything past red and yellow. Those two work correctly, everything else shifts one right on a refresh (and then stays there)

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Warbird posted:

Iirc it’s by most recent posts and you can toggle it to have threads with unread posts above ones that are fully read. Doesn’t always behave that way but I’m not super sure why/how that is.

The sorting by unread posts is done client side after the pagination which is server side so it can only apply within a single page.

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe
You have no idea how much I appreciate the hamburger menu looking like an actual hamburger. Thank you 🙏🏼🙏🏼

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

that avatar needs to be illegal.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
No more image uploads?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

iOS Awful App: image upload was removed because Imgur hates you

Sure would be nice to ROLLBACK a version smh

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wow I didn't even realize I made the thread title

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Koirhor posted:

No more image uploads?

lol

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Reading the title explains the thread

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Reporting to say that my 2 year old daughter loves the frog and will without fail ask “is frog” if she sees it. And as she should, “where frog go?” whenever the frog is not on screen.

Please update the app to the frog goes “ribbit” back to her when she says it. Tia.

🐸

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Animated avatars move at a normal speed in thread view and user profiles, but if you long press on the avatar and open it that way, it moves much faster.

Newest TestFlight build (60300) on a 14 pro max

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Probably because of the 120hz screen thing that makes emotes do the same poo poo

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
ios here. The bookmarks text is super huge, anyway to change it?

The font control only changes in thread text replies.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Grassy Knowles posted:

Commie kong’s explanation of text sizes might be helpful to people with this issue, in case you missed (though probably doesn’t remove your benefit in providing feedback)

commie kong posted:

Just wanted to explain a few things:

2) On font sizes, particularly the thread view page count: fair enough. I'll bump that up. It was actually even smaller during beta and has been bumped up, but will do so again even more. That's easily done by theme properties (tho we have to use offset values to do it, which I'll explain below).

Some of the other sizes have changed slightly, but that's because hardcoded font sizes were used in some places. The size offset change was done to make these text elements adjustable per theme while also improving dynamic text support. The hardcoded fonts did not respect your iOS dynamic text settings at all. Now it does and some additional work was done so that people using the smallest / largest possible dt system settings don't make their copy of this app look too crazy. We removed the extremes based on beta feedback.

Since we aren't using set font sizes for things any more, we have to use offset values. That means we use one of the Apple defined styles and then make it bigger or smaller based on a positive or negative number. And the affect that has depends on your device and dynamic type settings. Which makes things a bit trickier, so sorry about that.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

When I click on the Messages tab the app immediately crashes. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

When I click on the Messages tab the app immediately crashes. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issue.

Fine here. Are you on the app store version or the TestFlight build? What hardware are you on?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tenkaris posted:

Fine here. Are you on the app store version or the TestFlight build? What hardware are you on?
App Store version, this is a 12 Pro Max

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
haven't had any issues, try logging out and back in

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The haptic bug is still a thing, just had it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sometimes it takes forever to open older pages in threads like the AI art one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251&perpage=40&pagenumber=288&noseen=1

Like ten seconds to load the page if it’s not cached. Is this because they have a ton of images and Awful does something to load them first?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody else get the message when they open Awful.app for permission to paste a message? Any way this bug could be fixed? None of my other apps bug me for that anymore, and it happens every time I open Awful.app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

smackfu posted:

Sometimes it takes forever to open older pages in threads like the AI art one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000251&perpage=40&pagenumber=288&noseen=1

Like ten seconds to load the page if it’s not cached. Is this because they have a ton of images and Awful does something to load them first?

Awful is essentially page scraping and it has to load the page first. So, yeah, it’s because it has to download all the images first.