Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I mean, Legion of Blood absolutely were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Mors Rattus posted:

I mean, Legion of Blood absolutely were.

I meant the Fyreslayers. I don't object to the SBGL changes at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Made a thread for the upcoming AoS video game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4035990

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016
Xposting from the painting thread.
First GW stuff Ive painted in like ten years. Fenrisian wolves count as Dire wolves.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
-snipped- auto did a better post than me

Lucinice fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 10, 2023

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/10/freeguild-fusiliers-take-aim-and-fire-on-the-enemies-of-sigmar/

This CoS reveal is all about the GONNE.

And a little rules preview including a rather charming squire model.

efb

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Funny, I thought rerolls were banished to the land of wind and ghosts this edition. Cool as hell, tho.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I am going to have an extremely hard time not picking up CoS

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I like 'em but at the same time I wish that GW would chill with all the details. They would be good models even without sixteen gribblies all over them. Looks sorta exhausting to paint in all honesty.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
And with a weird little guy to boot:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Man I love the aesthetic of the new Cities line, but holy poo poo painting them would be a nightmare.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I want to make clear that I have no complaints about more weird little guys

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I really like everything about these models except the shields, they crowd out all the actually cool detail, but I can't imagine it'd be too hard to kitbash some fork rests for them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

And with a weird little guy to boot:

It's a Dappled Efreet, a land fish native to Aqshy

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/10/freeguild-fusiliers-take-aim-and-fire-on-the-enemies-of-sigmar/

This CoS reveal is all about the GONNE.

And a little rules preview including a rather charming squire model.

efb

Are most of the GW previews 3d printed? I never looked all that closely at the earlier ones, but these ones are. I wonder if that means actual production and release of these are farther out?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The fact that GW uses 3D prints for preview models has been known for a while now. And FW also uses them for molds these days.

But it's more likely like these were printed and painted several months ago, they've already given a rough date for CoS.
Remember the WHFest roadmap.

Not to mention with a release box announced they're probably due very soon-ish.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

It's a Dappled Efreet, a land fish native to Aqshy

Isn't that just a newt

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
being painting GW models for the first time in ages, I def get complaints about too many details for a line troop you'll be wanting fifty of

BUT

I can never complain about more weird little guys. Every soldier should be carrying a little guy onto the battlefield with them. Nurgle has the right idea

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I will miss the literally 16th century pike and shot regular Earth human military guys of WHFB that just shrug and shoot dragons and orcs and vampires and satans to death with handguns, but I will take all these extremely Mordheim-lookin' rear end weirdos with their cathedral pavises and shotgun pikes and weird frog fish bros all day.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 10, 2023

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Oh man if these guys get pikes I'm gonna lose my mind

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Titan Forge makes a line of miniatures that would be really at home for Empire stand ins and have varying levels of details and whatnot added. Unfortunately you have to print them yourself or buy them, but they are somewhat pricey. Got a sweet library temple thingy printed off from them.

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 10, 2023

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
The more guys that look like they just crawled out of the absolute madness of the original Mordheim box art, the more I will want to give GW money for them.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I will miss the literally 16th century pike and shot regular Earth human military guys of WHFB that just shrug and shoot dragons and orcs and vampires and satans to death with handguns, but I will take all these extremely Mordheim-lookin' rear end weirdos with their cathedral pavises and shotgun pikes and weird frog fish bros all day.

I mean I’m pretty sure they’re just gonna rebox those guys as Empire units for Old World.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Mors Rattus posted:

I mean I’m pretty sure they’re just gonna rebox those guys as Empire units for Old World.

I'll take a 40k Astra Militarum style State Troops kit rework with new proportions and options.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Are most of the GW previews 3d printed? I never looked all that closely at the earlier ones, but these ones are. I wonder if that means actual production and release of these are farther out?

Peachy, previously the head of army painting at GW, said in one of his podcasts episodes that there was a guy at GW who would 3d print the master files and make castings of them, which would then be given to the 'eavy metal and army painting teams to paint. The reason being that the production of the final product wouldn't be ready for some months when the painting teams would have to get started. Which is why you occasionally spot 3d printing artifacts on their studio paintjobs.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/13/cities-of-sigmar-range-announcement

We finally get to know what comes and goes with the new Cities of Sigmar release.

In:
Steam Tank, Celestial Hurricanum, and Imperial Griffon, Elves, Dwarves

Out: Empire models, Flamespyre phoenix, phoenix guard, Wildwood Rangers/Eternal Guard, Sisters of the Thorn/Wild Riders, Araloth, Shadow Warriors.

quote:

Many of these aren’t gone for good, and will in fact be returning in due course under the banner of Warhammer: The Old World, as reinforcements for the High Elves, the Wood Elves, and the Empire.

If you have any of these classic models in your existing Cities of Sigmar line-up don’t worry. In almost every instance, there’s still a similar analogue in the battletome. For example, you could use your Wildwood Rangers (elite aelves with two-handed swords) as Executioners (elite aelves with two-handed swords).

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

That's way less units being phased out than I would have thought

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Only thing I will miss is the phoenix guard and frostheart. Cool kits with good rules. Everything else is good riddence

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Only thing I will miss is the phoenix guard and frostheart. Cool kits with good rules. Everything else is good riddence

Imagine hating the large catbirds. :colbert:

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Cooked Auto posted:

Imagine hating the large catbirds. :colbert:

My brother in Sigmar - i have larger more dynamic catbirds in SCE

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And you say no to more of them? How horrible of you.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

The fantasy beasties are definitely the best part of the stormcast

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
maaaaaaaaan

rip Wanderers, even if you didn't even have your really cool models.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Demigryphs are all I’m really sad about for me, but my girlfriend had a Wanderers force which we’re gonna have to rework as Counts As Dark Elves I guess.

Weird to me that Dark Elves got out of this unscathed.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Lucinice posted:

The fantasy beasties are definitely the best part of the stormcast

I just finished 4 dracoths and man are they derpy. But all the gryphchargers and dragons are great

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Whatever the next expansion to the stormcast line is I really hope they lean into their "fantasy animal menagerie" part of their line, give me some Stormcast beast masters with some hosed up lions or something, give me a big dumb monster a character can ride that makes them actually good in combat

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Tauralon would be great if not for the head. Swaping it for something like mindbreaker sphirynax does wonder for the mini

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
the posing of the right foreleg on the stardrake just ruins the whole thing for me.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I can't take stardrakes serious because of their goofy rear end looking heads with mouths that look like they're foreven stuck open because they can't close properly.
An issue they definitely fixed with the later true dragons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Tauralon would be great if not for the head. Swaping it for something like mindbreaker sphirynax does wonder for the mini

Is that a hard conversion to make?