Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Meh, the next MK wave is a little underwhelming. Not a fan of the Wii returning courses.

Daisy Cruise is great though & hope they make Sunset Wilds into something interesting. It has a great aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

That leaves one more space on the character select screen. What are the odds on the final one being Pauline versus them Nintendo saving her for MK9?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Watch it be Olimar to coincide with Pikmin 4.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its going to be a fully golden version of a character we can already use

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Daisy Cruise and Koopa Cape both rule, and for whatever reason Moonview Highway makes me all nostalgic, though the course itself is whatever

maybe it's because I have pikmin on the brain, but Squeaky Clean Sprint is very evocative of Pikmin 4, especially with it releasing a week before

Scrap Dragon posted:

That leaves one more space on the character select screen. What are the odds on the final one being Pauline versus them Nintendo saving her for MK9?

The official Hot Wheels MK cars that came out last year included Diddy Kong. I have to believe one of the two remaining slots is him

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They mention future drivers: Birdo, Piranha Petey, Wiggler, and Kamek. But I'm not sure the ETA on them

:toot:

Birdo was added with the last wave. The other three are coming with this one. So two more spots remaining.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WarpDogs posted:

The official Hot Wheels MK cars that came out last year included Diddy Kong. I have to believe one of the two remaining slots is him

I've said it in the thread before, and I'll say it again. It's as the hot wheels have foretold. If they let that disgusting POS Waluigi in, they owe me Diddy Kong. :colbert:

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Hrist posted:

I've said it in the thread before, and I'll say it again. It's as the hot wheels have foretold. If they let that disgusting POS Waluigi in, they owe me Diddy Kong. :colbert:

Yeah, same. The one my son owns even has him on a Mach 8 which was introduced in MK8. There's no mistaking the prophecies!!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Palmtree Panic posted:

Meh, the next MK wave is a little underwhelming. Not a fan of the Wii returning courses.

Daisy Cruise is great though & hope they make Sunset Wilds into something interesting. It has a great aesthetic.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for Sunset Wilds, it was like the first retro course they put into Tour and boy oh boy does it feel like it.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Gold Baby Walimar

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Trans glider for Birdo (and anyone who wants one) pls

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
Chances seem very low but I’m hoping they put cpt falcon in Mario kart

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Let me play as a Pokey, you drat cowards! :argh:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

super fart shooter posted:

Chances seem very low but I’m hoping they put cpt falcon in Mario kart

This. They've already stolen so much from his franchise, the least they could do is give him a guest spot.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Mario Kart Zero, now featuring Capt. Falcon. Easy money.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Mr.Acula posted:

Its going to be a fully golden version of a character we can already use

Fool's Gold Luigi

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

There's a Mii racing outfit for Captain Falcon. I understand if it's not the same.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's also a Mii outfit for Geno in Smash!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Chronojam posted:

Mario Kart Zero, now featuring Capt. Falcon. Easy money.

1000CC mode.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Palmtree Panic posted:

In a huge twist it’s Bowsette

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Setting my expectations low for the inevitable Gooigi.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Hrist posted:

Setting my expectations low for the inevitable Gooigi.

Gold Gooigi.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Wildtortilla posted:

Gold Gooigi.

:hmmyes:

Make him a Gold Mario style optional upgrade. A big celebration to close out the DLC courses pass thing.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I just want Dr. Goomba Tower.

In every game.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Booster course July 12th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HPKKnEUwCM

Wii: Koopa Cape
Tour: Los Angeles Laps
Wii: Moonview Highway
NEW:siren:Squeaky Clean Sprint
Tour: Athens Dash
GameCube: Daisy Cruiser
GBA: Sunset Wilds
Tour: Vancouver Velocity

They mention future drivers: Birdo, Piranha Petey, Wiggler, and Kamek. But I'm not sure the ETA on them

:toot:

God i hate Tour courses. Rest look promising at least.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://nintendoeverything.com/yuji-naka-officially-sentenced-to-prison/
Overdue if you ask me

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That seems a fitting sentence for inflicting Balan Wonderworld on the world. :hmmyes:

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Still salty about how Balan Wonderworld came out, eh?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

otter posted:

Still salty about how Balan Wonderworld came out, eh?

Whats Balan Wonderworld?
Dude let Phantasy Star turn into a cool cutting edge online game at the behest of ever making another cool solo one. Then it let that poo poo stagnate like any other Sonic franchise

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

pwn posted:

God i hate Tour courses

Waht the gently caress?????

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Waht the gently caress?????

It can be pretty easy to turn the wrong way if you don't have the city courses memorised; their signposting (pun not intended) is poo poo.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Mister Facetious posted:

It can be pretty easy to turn the wrong way if you don't have the city courses memorised; their signposting (pun not intended) is poo poo.

That is fully 60% of the problem, the other 40% is I just don't like mini golf versions of real world cities in a Mario game. I can see how that could be appealing though.

Also just the stink of the original MK Tour.

And while the wish.com graphics of Booster Pass as a whole get their fair share of criticism, the music is a problem too. I realize the musicians and designers are doing the best they can with a limited budget, but goddamn the pared-down soundtrack really clashes with that of the original 48.

Still glad they're doing them at all and looking forward to the new courses! As for no more N64 courses, what are left to realistically do? The only ones I can think of are Banshee Boardwalk and Moo Moo Farm, both of which have superior analogs already in the game. I mean I'd love if they just put in the N64 versions of those and Bowser's castle and Koopa Beach and Frappe Snowland, but it's not likely :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

it’s less than €1 per course, who gives a gently caress lol

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Upsidads posted:

Whats Balan Wonderworld?
Dude let Phantasy Star turn into a cool cutting edge online game at the behest of ever making another cool solo one. Then it let that poo poo stagnate like any other Sonic franchise

I’ve started playing phantasy star ii every few years since like1993 and still haven’t made it very far. My brother beat ps4 back in the day and I remember it being a huge deal.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We need a New Donk City track

Electromax
May 6, 2007
As someone who didn't grow up playing it, I find the MK64 tracks to be generally pretty dull, also the SNES and GBA 2D courses with some exceptions like Ribbon Road. The Tour tracks shifting routes are fun though. Crazy that MK8 is nearly 10 years old and still going strong.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I like the act of racing Mario Circuit 3, but Jesus Christ they could have made it more visually interesting.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Did the Pokémon let’s go games ever get patched to not need gyro? Wouldn’t mind getting one to play on an airplane but gyro on planes can be tricky

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

pwn posted:

That is fully 60% of the problem, the other 40% is I just don't like mini golf versions of real world cities in a Mario game. I can see how that could be appealing though.

Same. I don’t like them, and yet it seems like 3 of the 8 courses will be Tour courses each time. Still it’s a ton of new courses for very little money so I am pleased overall with the booster pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did the Pokémon let’s go games ever get patched to not need gyro? Wouldn’t mind getting one to play on an airplane but gyro on planes can be tricky

pretty sure its always been playable without gyro in handheld mode, which presumably you'll be in during a flight