Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Philthy posted:

And that's why people specifically expected them to compete with POE they needed to keep mechanics moving forward. Otherwise, POE sit on the throne still.

You can just keep playing POE, it's actually very good to have two franchises that handle things completely differently and they never advertised d4 as anything but a diablo style game so idk why it's a surprise. A lot of people hate POE style buildup of mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Theotus posted:

Any info about balance changes?

Small client side patch today. Huge balance patch on the 18th very little specific info about either.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SettingSun posted:

PoE and D4 are so far apart from each other they border on incomparable. PoE is free but in exchange you need to take a course on how to make a character and catch up on a decade of updates. Also playing it for any length of time practically begs you to buy the neat consumable stash tab.

Yep, maybe I'm a baby with bad taste and a weak brain, but I tried to get into PoE a few years back and bounced off it more or less for this reason. Just too much poo poo going on.

If that's your thing, rock on and enjoy it. I'll be over here having fun with my less good game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

unattended spaghetti posted:

Small client side patch today. Huge balance patch on the 18th very little specific info about either.

Cool, thanks!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Theotus posted:

Any info about balance changes?

There's going to be two pre-season patches (one this week and one on July 18th) that will have some balance updates, but nothing specific beyond that.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Philthy posted:

And that's why people specifically expected them to compete with POE they needed to keep mechanics moving forward. Otherwise, POE sit on the throne still.

poe might be on the throne of whatever u want but i bet d4 has sold more than poe has ever made

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

DLC Inc posted:

devs saying it's fine to just take a break, they're talking about the people who played for 200 hrs in the first 2 weeks lol

lmfao at that 200 hours a week goon and his poe buddies who came in here to defend him

ahahaha

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

There's a solid 4 weeks between Season 1 and PoE 3.22 anyway, so really you can play both.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Gadzuko posted:

You can just keep playing POE, it's actually very good to have two franchises that handle things completely differently and they never advertised d4 as anything but a diablo style game so idk why it's a surprise. A lot of people hate POE style buildup of mechanics.

I generally don't think avoiding something because of its fans is a smart strategy but in the case of PoE it makes sense lol

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Avoiding the castlevania question lol, the new class drat near wears the same outfit from the lords of shadow games.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

stop making fun of him 200 hours in two weeks isn't even that much!!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm just jelly of his great job, wife, life

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

No game concept can draw from vampire lore and not get compared to Castlevania. It's cosmic law at this point.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Philthy posted:

This is a Diablo game that sold a squillion copies. It's Blizzard's best selling game ever. They're not going to make it as complicated as POE. It needs to have mass appeal.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Azubah posted:

Avoiding the castlevania question lol, the new class drat near wears the same outfit from the lords of shadow games.

new class?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RC Cola posted:

new class?

Diablo Immortal

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

RC Cola posted:

new class?

Don't get excited. It's for Immortal.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

The constant posting about the guy that played 200 hrs is way more annoying than his posts ever were

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
lol if you're doing less than 350 hours in 2 weeks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

The constant posting about the guy that played 200 hrs is way more annoying than his posts ever were

6 out of 10 post

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
where is Diablo?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

In your dreams

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Pindakaas posted:

where is Diablo?

Expansion 2 so he can finally be the last boss.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Nobody asks how is Diablo. :smith:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pindakaas posted:

where is Diablo?

He shidded his pants in public and refuses to leave the Chaos Sanctuary because he's going to get pointed at and laughed at

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Guys I don't know if this is the best arpg gimme a couple hundred hours to think for myself

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

no he was really annoying

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

in the future they could just post all that on the website. either way never watching those loving dorks ever again

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

builder/spender kinda sucks

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

George H.W. oval office posted:

This is exactly how it's been done in Diablo 3. Seasonal gimmicks don't last. Its fine

The Good Ones™ stuck around, but they were fewer and less frequent. The Cube, follower equipment changes, Echoing Nightmares, the Free Haedrig's Gifts.

The altar on the final season was a blast and something that I hoped would be a returning or ported element.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Pindakaas posted:

where is Diablo?

Wherever is underneath the front door of heaven.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

in the future they could just post all that on the website. either way never watching those loving dorks ever again

don't worry they did that too

https://diablo4.blizzard.com/en-us/season

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

hawowanlawow posted:

Vashro
May 12, 2004

Proud owner of Lazy Lion #46
very disappointed that my HC statues aren't going to carry over from the hall of fallen heros

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

hawowanlawow posted:

Good news, the classes I have played completely drop the builder part once you get powerful enough. It’s cool

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

The two Devs on the stream were very good and clear in communicating, Rod and to a lesser extent Adam are just cringe and barely adding anything.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hell yeah

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

alright someone @ me when they drop the S1 patch notes

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Significant changes to global monster density and dungeon monster density specifically coming in a separate patch 1-2 weeks after season 1 starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Even beyond the season mechanics which I think are pretty neat the trend is entirely toward increasing player power which is a good thing.